Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning Ness !-- Zig !-- Catch a snake ?-- Only way I ever caught a snake was in the chicken house growing up !-- I got something for some Egg stealing snakes !-- I thread a fish hook into an egg -- tie the string off so he can't get away and put that egg back in the nest !-- He won't be stealing no more eggs ! - Snake swallow the egg then expose that hook when he break that egg in his belly !-- He ain't getting away !-- That hook ain't coming out !

trying to grow some milkweed for the monarch butterflies. been reading that i need to stratify the seeds. some articles say to just put the seeds in the fridge. others say to plant them in some moist soil and put that in the fridge. anyone else try this? will stratifying kill cannabis seeds? i have some throw away seeds from my last grow(which somehow got seeds) that i want to plant in the woods behind my house and want to start them with the milkweed.

good morning all, Ness, would you send me your snail mail address please, I didn't keep it.

OF, that is very cool about the milkweed. About 15 years ago when my sweet mom was still alive I told her about the monarch problem. Well, she lived down a country lane with 3 houses and a milkweed bush. Mom went out there with traffic cones, ha the lane was tiny to keep anyone from hurting that plant. We take that very seriously in my family, let me know how they do.

Happy valentines day.more snow coming here today. It was a week ago I left the house. cabin fever is calling. Hope you guys are all feeling good. what are we smoking?
THat BOC of umbras was my first seed that popped too, he can grow some good stuff. thanks, Umbra. Pretty plant. woohoo and a girl.
Gman, I got a humidifier like yours. it sure is nice. maybe now I will be able to clone.

Scarrifing -- If seed got a tough outer shell - They can have trouble obsorbing water to germ or the shell is too tough for the Sprout to pop open - Solution :-- Take an empty toilet paper roll -- cut a piece of medium grit sand paper -- line the inside of the toilet paper tube with sand paper-- grit to the center of the roll -- Put the seed in the sand paper tube cover the ends and shake -- If I have trouble with seed germination this will help !--

I'm out of Box of Chocolate seed !-- but !-- I had a BOC male and I used him - - I got Nurse Larry times BBSL - x- BOC -
and (GDP -x- -BPU )-x- BOC !--- Chocolate blueberry !- I'm like Ness -- I ain't got time for no dis **** I need to be growing !

I also got some funny seed from one -- They not speckled they brown --The mother was that SR 91-x- ( Mazar -x-B.B.SL. )-- Fathered by BOC --A high class indica outta Peru -- Sangarara Reserve times 91 Dragons -- The male ?- Mazar-i-Sharif with a BBSL dad -- A giant indica in Mazar and a bringer of fire in BBSL -- Serious weed !-- I don't know where I'm going with that one ?-- Maybe a chocolate hash plant ?-- I hope the seed germ !

Scarrifing -- If seed got a tough outer shell - They can have trouble obsorbing water to germ or the shell is too tough for the Sprout to pop open - Solution :-- Take an empty toilet paper roll -- cut a piece of medium grit sand paper -- line the inside of the toilet paper tube with sand paper-- grit to the center of the roll -- Put the seed in the sand paper tube cover the ends and shake -- If I have trouble with seed germination this will help !--
from what i have read, stratification is different from scarrification. it is tricking the seeds out of their dormancy stage. as ar as milkweed goes, i also read that stratification is only necessary in colder climates. apparently monarch butterflies return to the same area their ancestors came from and need milkweed from that area. these seeds are from the edge of the woods behind my house so i am hopeful i am able to sprout them. it has been more than a decade since i saw any kind of large number of monarchs. when i was a kid they were every where. i saw just a few last year...

Thanks STIGGY !-- I was smoking weed long before my head injury and never quit !-- I tell people my brain was able to rewire itself because of weed !-- I thought it just protected against injury by keeping the brain from swelling after a head injury which causes more damage !
Nurse Larry -x- BBSL lives in East Texas -- I've seen the pics !-- Now can I guide a new grower to grow aero long distance ?-- That's cool I won't have to start that one -- I can get clones from him !

That's Good news Rose!
I'm really happy with my vaporizer. Even on low after a good watering the room stays over 55RH. On medium RH climbs to 73%
During all this cold weather I find myself hanging out in the grow room where a guy can stay warm. lol Helps my dry sinus problem too.

It is very nice gloman, thanks for telling me about it.

So we have been snowed in for a week and bud said i needed to get outta the house so we got ready to go to the store, now it is freezing rain like crazy. Temps are 31... with 24 inches of snow already.
Thank you for listening. The only thing worse would be if we had little kids? I would be on a shelf somewhere smoking the best pot I could find. There is a reason old women don't have children. LOL.

Hello OFC
th

Have a great day! :)

It depends on what my goals are, in deciding what to breed for. In the case of the Box of Chocolate (BoC), I wanted to increase the gene pool with which to make future selections and I wanted to combine both indica and sativa chocolate dominant strains together. So I did an open pollination with 3 different females and 3 males at the same time.

I'm no breeder and don't have a clue what I'm doing but I believe in happy accidents -- I don't breed for a variety anyway !-- To me it's all about finding the one plant that I clone ! -- I want the best representative of the variety I can get !-- I'll breed a male to several females then I'll go thru several girls to see if they all the same !-- U never really know what U gonna find !-- Some they all the same some are not !-- I been into mystery terps lately -- Stuff with a unique pleasing taste and smell !

Thanks Umbra...that makes sense... I guess if I ever tried that it would lean toward more medicinal qualities

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back