Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
WeedHopper is doing well. He's complaining about snowflakes and statues, he's in his zone. They are all at firestax at Curmugeonland.

Good morning neighbors. I need to check on my aunt. She lives in Jacksonville and that place is flooded

After the long power outage we had after Katrina I made it my mission to learn many different ways to make power !-- This is my version of something very old called "The Baghdad Battery " !-- I can get 3 volts out of it by filling it with an electrolyte that is slightly acidic or saline! -- So it'll work with orange juice or sea water !-- Low amperage but constant and don't run down !

View attachment 20170912_085106.jpg

Morning Umbra !-- I thought Imra might stir them up some !-- They blaming Irma on me yet ? -- Just because a hurricane come and mess them all up don't mean it was a voodoo storm !-- Kraven alright ? -- He and his big foots weather the storm O.K. ?

Go trash talk Keef and U fit right in Hack !-- I have pissed off most of them at one time or another !-- I call it the Keef haters club !-- I got nothing against any of them !-- I offend some people !-- It is just the nature of the beast !

WeedHopper is doing well. He's complaining about snowflakes and statues, he's in his zone. They are all at firestax at Curmugeonland.

Ok, maybe I don't. LOL, i will always love the guy, but never agree with him.

Meanwhile back in Keef's used nute water vegetable garden !-- I got peppers and Tomatos blooming again !- That cherry tomatoes plant comes out that box on the left and winds around the back of the box on the right !-- It ain't a SCROG but I leaned it over !-- Basil, thyme, oregano , celery , bell pepper , sweet bites peppers cherry and soon Roma Tomatos !-- Maybe a tray of greens soon ? -- Weed give U the munchies !--

View attachment 20170912_094053-1.jpg

It is funny our politics left with them pretty much. Oh well, they are always welcome back home if they choose.

Keef, that garden is amazing... fresh herbs. Love it.

Rose I never grew anything DWC !-- It seems to be working just fine !-- Gonna add some cilantro and parsley !-- For now I got the room and I got some broken half lights hanging over them ! -- Just seeing what I can do !-- May not seem like it but my politics are basically pot oriented !-- If I didn't find this Bozo so offensive on so many different levels I wouldn't care what party controlled what as long as we were still working toward the end to national prohibition !-- Might be the only way I ever get to smoke a legal joint !

I feel bad for the Irma victims !-- Power gonna be out long time !-- I would suggest a marine battery --a solar panel to charge it and a DC/AC inverter !-- U can also charge it from your car battery !-- I didn't have a solar panel after Katrina but I ran that radio -fan and lamp off my car battery for 2 weeks !-- Little things like that mean a lot !-- Gas for generators get hard to find !-- People be stealing gas cans and even generators right out people's garages and stuff !-- Ice be a most precious commodity !-- The generator people be out everyday chasing gas to run all night then do it again tomorrow! -- Hard to get anything done when U have to spend all your time chasing gas rumours ! -- When it get too hot U fire up the car and bask in that wonderful AC for awhile then back to it !

My sister lives in Okeechobee, they lost power for about 24 hours but it's back on as of yesterday evening. I think they got some 50mph gusts there is all and a lotta rain.

That's good news RE !-- I hope D.D. can convince her sister to come back with her !-- Her place was underwater --All the way underwater !-- D.D. headed out this evening when she get the car back !-- That whole place from Houston to the Louisiana border flooded !-- Chemical plants starting to explode !-- Highest contaminate levels ever measured in nature from human and animal and a whole list of stuff !-- It's gonna be bad when people start to get sick !-- The refineries in Houston not up and running yet and so there's gonna be low gas supplies !-- I remember after Katrina when the first fast food place reopened -- They only had hamburgers and fries and the line was long !-- People get tired of pork and beans !

Suns finally back out, was cleaning up and stirred up a nest of guinea wasp, took 7 hits before I could get clear of them....2 shots of the eppy pen and my day is ruined now....so guess I hit the boards some and do some reading. Peace

Rose there's no way to sugar coat it !-- Those in bad health before these storms are hit the worse !-- They don't get out they die !-- People's minds are wounded !--They crazy gonna come out to play !-- They gonna be marked for life! -- U don't just forget stuff like that and move on ! -- They gotta to find a new Balance to survive !

The hospital D.D. worked at before Katrina didn't evacuate -- They had this brilliant plan called vertical evacuation !-- Water get to the first floor they move patients up to second floor and the 3rd if nessesary !
I guess no one had the guts to stand up and point out that the emergency generators were in the basement !

We try to forget what happened at some the other hospitals in New Orleans !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back