Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toolman -- Welcome to the OFC -- 65 yrs old and down on the Gulf Coast here !- The OFC is more of a community than a old folks home !--Some teach we all learn and we are not above complaining about our aches and pains !- What U growing and how ?
I was just settling in for some 420 practice !--
RE -I am gonna have to try some those drip rings U got - I might do it a little different -- I use those neopreme foam collars around my plants in aero -- I want to add some weight to the base of the plant to keep them from getting top heavy and falling over -- So I was gonna use the 4 or 6 inch aero basket with those baked clay balls -- I could put one those rings under my foam collars and still control my humidity with ease keeping wet and dry separate like that !

Hey Toolman!
WELCOME!
How long ya been growing?
Got anything going now?
Ol' Keef didn't steer ya wrong bro.
We got a good bunch here to hang, learn and share with.
Pull up a bucket, spark up a doob and hang out bro!
Glad you're here!

Speakin of aches n pains...I think I yanked a little too hard on the ol sciatic nerve yesterday at the beach...we home now and I’m alternating cold, hot & doobie...in no particular order...
Hey Toolman, glad your here...I’m something of a toolman myself...
That sounds like it should work Keef...I’m gonna remake my own a little bigger to try and encourage those roots to spread out a bit...these little ones prolly do good in your hydr box as I suppose your roots just kinda hang down huh...i know you spray your roots but is each box it’s own reservoir or do you have a seperate reservoir feeding several boxes?

RE - That pump and spray manifold go inside the box - I'm still using those 2 inch cups like an aero cloner I just grow a whole cycle in it -- There's about 12 gallons of nute water in each box with a bubbler stone to move fresh air thru the boxes-- but each is a separate unit -- Change
20190207_130938.jpg
the nute water monthly and change the filter weekly - Let'r run !-- It does not take long before the roots hang down to the nute water in the box then just float around --it is more of an aero/ DWC system !-- The nute water filter is to keep roots from getting sucked into the pump - It saves many headaches !--
I use an over powered pump because it has a filter !

How many plants do you grow in each of those boxes...yer not filling all those holes are you...?

Planning a new bloom --I'm thinking about larger baskets with the clay balls or even marbles and a long angled covered grow table !-- No exposed water and a single res. !
Having to change out the nute water in my boxes is a pain !-- I wanna do it with the flip of a switch !- Push a button and fill it back up !

See now you should kept those Mardi Gras beads...fill up them baskets with mojo...

I don't use them all anymore RE -- But I needed to be able to clone reliably -- I was running 5-6 plants per box in bloom -but I was also building capacity-- I wanted to be able to produce clones by the 100s -- I have that capacity with these boxes - I can pack them in when they little and spread them out as they get bigger - I'm keep these as is for cloning and early veg - Then move them to 4-6 inch aero baskets - Whether I spray or use rings for bloom !--

River rock probably work just fine !-- Oh !- I'll get the CKN bones out and put the MOJO on them !-

A couple weeks I should be over in East Texas -- Nephew got some plants up but having some problems-I'm go get him on the right path - Gonna haul the rest of my grow equipment over there and set back up but it should be only for a few months-- Then I can sell the beach house and buy the Stoner Ranch and set up a permanent grow again !-- Probably gonna try to swing new lights and let the nephew keep this set up !-- I got some other ideas !--

Last edited by a moderator:
Keef
I can't help it. lol
I still like things that go BOOM!
lol.
I'm too short handed to play with those things any more tho. hehehe

Short handed ?-- Cuz U Crack me up !-- Be glad U still alive !
I must admit I do like to make the ground shake once in awhile myself !-- They just don't appreciate it much in civilian life !-- Groundshaker !-- Ba-Boom !-- Oh yeah !

Only way to prove to me U can currupt a twitter account is to show me !-- Step up !-- Be a hero !-- Show me what U got !

Edit : That's code talk !- U ain't supposed to know what I'm talking about !

Heheheheeeeeeee!
Yesir! PfaaWooofBOOOM!!!!
Lots of fertilizer around here!

What they call that Gloman ? -- AMFO ?- U need more than a fuse to set that off !-but it ain't that hard if U know how !

U know technology hates me ?-- So I got a question one U smart brothers or sisters might know the answer?-- How would one go about setting up one those Go Fund Me pages as a bounty on taking down or corrupting a twitter account ?-- Where are U Capt. America ? --We need a hero !--U really need a hit or two of this to see the humour !
I don't know nothing bout nothing !- (Practicing !)

Last edited by a moderator:
Keef
Just dawned on me, these ain't the old days of true freedom of speech. We aren't "allowed" to speak of such subjects as we have been or the powers that Be may come knocking our doors down making accusations.
Ya should have seen the interagation they put me thru when I blew my hand off. lol

Gloman -- Best I can remember there never were any good old days and I been around since the sign over the drinking water fountains said "White " and "Colored"
I don't remember any good old days ?
I think "Good Ole days" is a pipe dream ?

Long day in the wine mine. With my COPD in full swing, it was a tad overwhelming to do precursor transfers with a full face respirator on. Kind of like running a marathon while being water boarded. Took some pix this morning on the phone. post them next

Is that HPS you're using for flower?

You got it goin on there brother!
They lookin dang good!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back