Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Rose I am seriously considering a tray of baby salad greens-- U think mixed greens or something like just spinach ? -- It would not be hard ? -Wonder if I could DWC some Romain ? - I got sweet bites peppers maturing and my tied down cherry Tomatos blooming and I got a q-tip pollinating them !

Romain would be awesome as well as spinich. I like have fresh spinich in the house but i never do.

Nap Wake and Bake !-- I put some eggs and toast on top them caps and went belly up !-- Heard from D.D. -- She over there digging thru that toxic sludge left in her sisters house !--Don't even have running water to wash stuff off with !-- - I hope she don't get sick ! -- Dam it's hot out there !--

Evening all !-- The job gonna work out O.K. Umbra ?--

I was so relieved today to hear the new EPA chief say that these hurricanes were just anomalies and global warming is a hoax !-- Any science that says otherwise chances losing funding !-- These jokers can't be kicked out soon enough for me !--

Morning O.F.C. !-- We in the fall slow down so if U don't like me and my attitude I wish U well !-- I'm perfectly happy with who I am !-- If the thread falls off the bottom of MP's last page I still be the best Keef I can be !-- I have my rotation up and running in another 2 weeks !-- My caps be kicking in and all's well !

Girls are getting stinky. One of the chiesels got so heavy it broke the stake.

I was thinking of U guys and bamboo stakes yesterday on my beach ride !--- Sheet loads of bamboo of all sizes washing up !-- Lots of good stakes !-- I gotta figure something out for my boxes !-- I get a little forgiveness from my boxes because instead of breaking sometimes the whole plant falls over -- Until I solve that problem of holding my plants up and keep them from breaking I gotta keep'm small ! --Those stretchy sativas I just can't grow yet !

Morning, off to the hospital, my best friend's husband broke his hip. this is not good.

I am obsessed with russet mites. Going to try some green cleaner on a bad nug and see what happens. Umbra, we will do the EM1 this morning, thank you.

Morning Rose best wishes to your friend !-- Depends on the type of break it is !-- If it is across the neck of the ball they can stick a screw across it and stabilize it fine or remove the ball and put in a metal ball !

Umbra this is what I have to deal with !-- This plant got another 2 weeks and I have to lean it against something or just let it lay on it's side while it finishes !--- EM-1 ? -- EM-1 is like a grow God !-- I gotta have it !

First pic I got it leaned against the back on the second pic I just let it fall over !

View attachment 20170914_091635-1.jpg

View attachment 20170914_091522-1.jpg

Rose I am seriously considering a tray of baby salad greens-- U think mixed greens or something like just spinach ? -- It would not be hard ? -Wonder if I could DWC some Romain ? - I got sweet bites peppers maturing and my tied down cherry Tomatos blooming and I got a q-tip pollinating them !

Keef, several years ago, I grew a bunch of greens and a tomato plant in the winter in a DWC when I had room. They did great. Go for it!

Keef, looks like a hip replacement. So i am free to obsess fo a while, the bible study is with her this morning.. i said, oh you want me to stay home? She laughed. I will be there for lunch. ha back to russet mite hell.

Rose a simple hip replacement where U only replace the hip ball we used to do in an hour skin to skin !-- That means from the time of incision to time of last stitch !-- Pretty straight forward operation !-- Replacing the ball and socket takes longer but is needed less often !--

THG -- This is my first experience with DWC but veggies seem to like that used nute water !-- I had some room and some half a** lights but they doing fine !-- U can see the peppers and I am fertilizing the blooms by hand so I have tomatoes soon too !-- Gonna start those Roma seed maybe today -Having to train that cherry tomatoes plant with some bandage!

View attachment 20170914_101117.jpg

I got something nagging at me that I only know one way to find out !-- I gots plenty brown sugar and molasses -- So what I been wondering about is whether I can make a good rum without distilling ?-- Shall we find out ?-- Sugar --yeast --water ? --Got that !--
I gots to know !

Guess we be seeing if we can make dark rum without distilling !

Hey Hack what up ? -- I could but it would be just as easy to add it after brewing !-- Alcohol will disolve the goodies so it's not a problem !-- Maybe weed could be swapped out for the hops in beer but that's for others !-- I think the prettiest way would be to add a nice bud to a clear liquor !

View attachment 20170914_110328.jpg

keef, i am telling you... drop that hydro and buy a brick of chucked coco, use the nutes the same way. it is the best thing i have ever changed in my grow. i have been reusing the same coco for over a year now. it works better each time you reuse it.

That 5 gallon water bottle got 5 lbs of brown sugar--molasses -- water and yeast !-- Dark Rum --Take one !
When she thru fermenting ? -- I'm freeze as much water off as I can !-- Then I heat it up enough to drive off the acetates and methanol without losing much ethanol !-- Let's see what happens !

Yo Dog U get any that rain ? -- I am in the midst of making some changes and I could end up doing just that !-- Right now I produce plenty for us like this but when things change I got a plan !-- I still haven't decided how I want to do a production grow !-- That's kinda why I'm messing with the veggies and DWC -- I'm gonna get me some strawberries for a hanging basket and put them in coco coir and do some drip and drain !-- Cuz them boxes with all them holes gonna all be cloners one day to feed the production grow !
I started at the bottom !-- If I can't clone my a** off I might as well walk away !-- I got that now !-- My nutes work and I can probably grow well with any water system !-- I got time to see what works best for me !-- I been really just getting the heart of what I want to do beating regularly !-I can finally try different grow methods -- When they blow the whistle around here ? --I'm blow they mind !-I can and will fill a warehouse or a barn first chance I get !-Long as I can keep the temp right and have acceptable light -- I can fill a warehouse for sure with lots of fine stuff !--My goal is eventually to produce about 3-5 lbs a week !
- Rose say Umbra's weed is hard core and not for the novice ? -- I know !-- That's what I grow !-- Got some other very nice stuff too !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back