Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
If I control the ambient Humidity outside the tent it will affect the tents humidity too, right? If we buy the 70 pint Frigidaire do you guys think it will help my tent or should I buy a smaller one for the tent specifically?
Humidity is at 80% ! I don't want to lose my bud to rot.
I have that setup in my basement. It would normally be very humid down there but I have a 70 pint dehumidifier set at 55% and my tent seems to stay around 55 to 60% humidity. I think as long as you have a good flow of air in and out then you should be able to keep the humidity at a safe level with the 70 pint dehumidifier.

Chocolate Blueberry
Yum!
I was gifted 4 strains. I'm excited about all of them. With the BoC you really don't know what you'll get? I think I read there were 4 chocolates involved?? Umbra said his tastes like tootsie rolls!

So kid killed all the plant thru sheer neglect. starting some new beans.
ALL THE PLANTS?"?:??

I have that setup in my basement. It would normally be very humid down there but I have a 70 pint dehumidifier set at 55% and my tent seems to stay around 55 to 60% humidity. I think as long as you have a good flow of air in and out then you should be able to keep the humidity at a safe level with the 70 pint dehumidifier.
Thanks! It will be in the same room so I hope it'll work. We're right on a lake.

Grn---I don't think our paths have crossed !-- Welcome to the OFC !-- It's always something - Humidity- heat-- air flow -- I fight the heat down here on the coast !--

Umbra I'm sorry about the grow !-- I was thinking about maybe some those cloth bags and coco chips or something -
That makes me think I should stick to pumps- timers and water pharming - Last year when Hurricane Harvey hit we ran -Lost power at the house for a week - I lost some fresh cuts but most my **** was still alive when we got back -- I don't do real well with watering anyway - I tend to over water - over feed -- over everything but the water took that problem away !- Now to change from aero to drip and drain tables !- Shouldn't take me long to adapt ?

It is a heat source too so keep that the n mind...

If I could, I would use an air conditioner as they take humidity out of the air but it is not practical in my basement grow area.

I try to use the AC as much as possible but on days like today it's rather suspicious. 60 some degree rainy weather. How much of a heat source? I've never had to use a dehumidifier. The last place I grew in was perfect all on it's own somehow.
What about what Keef said about cutting a hole in the wall? If you built a room inside a room, could you use a window unit indoors then? You'd be refrigerating different air, right?

Sorry. I don’t know how much heat a dehumidifier puts out but the dry air coming out of mine feels at least 5 degrees warmer than ambient. They make portable a/c units too where you vent the hot air out of the room using a 4” dryer duct type hose. They are pricey though. If you are buying a dehumidifier though it may be a trade off to consider...

Good afternoon peeps.
Lovely day here. Happy Fathers day to all you dads. Umbra, is your son alive? I would have been so mad, i am sure you are too. Did he have any excuse?
Airconditioning the grow. I hate doing that. But ya have to. I may start an inside grow this fall, i have some special seeds that i didn't want to put outside. Some very nice man sent me some mimosa seeds, i want them to go indoors.
My outdoor seedlings have not sexed, but the little girls in the ground are finally growing.
Our rehab son came over yesterday. I love watching him and bud together, he never had a dad but really wishes he did. They had good talks. It was nice. He was telling me how smart i was lol when bud said, i don't know about that her t shirt is on wrong side out. LOLOLOL Brilliant i am.
Started doing dr zymes outdoors. First feeding this am... let the wild rumpus start!

Nov-- My 1st grow lesson was -- Throw your seed out the back door and don't mow -- It turns out growing is a bit more complicated than that ?-- 60 degrees ?- Must be nice - Last I looked it was 93 here ! -- Water temp at the beach is 85 !-- Warm water be hurricane fuel and the season approaches !

I'm here!
Well, I'm thinking you won't get much fermentation from quick or Choco syrup. It will ferment
as it is corn syrup but you'd need a Lot of it.
Better to distill some shine and add syrup sugar and water to proof it down.

5* isn't so bad. I was worried it was going to be a ton of heat to where it would affect the whole room.I sometimes go to extremes quickly. Thank you for the info OF. Those portable units are pricey, you're right. But they're neat cus they roll around! Im growing in a 2x4 tent tho. It'd take up half the tent!

Good afternoon peeps.
Lovely day here. Happy Fathers day to all you dads. Umbra, is your son alive? I would have been so mad, i am sure you are too. Did he have any excuse?
Airconditioning the grow. I hate doing that. But ya have to. I may start an inside grow this fall, i have some special seeds that i didn't want to put outside. Some very nice man sent me some mimosa seeds, i want them to go indoors.
My outdoor seedlings have not sexed, but the little girls in the ground are finally growing.
Our rehab son came over yesterday. I love watching him and bud together, he never had a dad but really wishes he did. They had good talks. It was nice. He was telling me how smart i was lol when bud said, i don't know about that her t shirt is on wrong side out. LOLOLOL Brilliant i am.
Started doing dr zymes outdoors. First feeding this am... let the wild rumpus start!
He had a better way to water the plants, but putting a hose in the tent in the spare bedroom to try to save the plants he neglected. So the inside of tent is a swamp and it is breeding bugs. Saw a bunch of leaf hoppers. Dried it out and threw out the dead plants. Spraying in another hour or so when lights go out.

I don’t trust anyone with my grow...I’ll automate and monitor from a distance...I don’t even trust my wife to do it...
I’ve started four plants for a friend and I’m even reluctant to give them to him because I’m afraid he’ll kill them...
Not that I’m any kind of better grower but I don’t trust people to do what they should...at least I can usually see when a problem is developing...

I wont ever go on vacation again.

What if you could have an affordable automation system Umbra? I have a book on atmospheric monitoring with Arduino. It's a small (palm sized) computer run on a ARM processor, like a smartphone. Parts are pretty cheap and readily available. Can someone clue me in on how to post a .pdf file? It says it's to large.

Last edited:
NC makes sense from a retiring point of view. CA housing is crazy. NC housing is much more affordable. My oldest son is there. I like being around my sons, most of the time. I still want a life of my own. The beer and music scene are vibrant down there. Even the food was great. The tacos were better in NC, so was the pho and poke. Sierra Nevada even built a huge plant in NC in the area. Its got a cool vibe. Laid back Mayberry RFD, Andy Griffin little towns, everywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back