Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So my girls up there are ok but I see some yellowing leaves and I’m not sure what that is...they are growing in some homemade superish soil I put together...started with year old home made compost from my garden...it consisted of old potting soil, everything left from my veggie garden last year, some hay, some grass clippings, some coffee grounds, stuff from the kitchen...the usual I suppose...I added various amendments like fish and blood and lime and those things listed for this sorta thing...been watering just about every other day as it’s been warm and these are outside...I fed Rosebuds tea once and have given them a shot of my comfrey tea as well...they are autoflower plants and will be small anyway...they are a little over a month old and already flowering... wonder what kind of organic oomph I can give them in this flowering stage to fatten and frost up these buds...the genetics are “blue dream” in an auto....

Last edited:
Good Morning OFC....Since the flip the garden looks great....got 2 reg. seeds in this run....they pre-sexed female but waiting on final verdict. If they both are girls I will be at 8 on this time, a bit full for my 5x5 I was hoping for a male...would like to have more seeds off that strain. Hate to hear about your set back Umbra, I have a bud who is clearing off a house spot and needs an equipment operator for a rental back hoe to remove the stumps. Wants me to come stay with him for a week and run the machinery,I'm like not going to happen...my garden would be toast.He smokes off my grow so he understands lol, he is only 3 hours away so I will just have to day trip it and help out. Happy Solstice to the outdoor guys...the fun part starts ! woo hoo... Peace...Note* solstice is Friday...gotta stop all this weekend work...not sure what day it is...LMAO

Last edited:
Hi OFC! Hurry up n wait over here. Just ticking days off the calendar until July 4th when the Peyote Critical will come down. Those nugs are really starting to fatten up now. Guys, Im new to soil. I got 3 weeks left on them, should I feed one more time or just start pure water? I feel like 3 weeks is to long but there's probably nutes still in the soil. I'm so excited for this crop to come in, I've been wanting to try the Peyote strains since I read about them. I might have to order in the 3 strains I know of. I love the smell and I bet it taste's just as good!!

Good morning, the InstaPot is what you guys need. I have the 6 quarts for us but i got our daughter the 8 qt cause they like leftovers. It is amazing. A pot roast in 30 min, i think. My favorite is artichokes in there. Boiled eggs are easier to peel when cooked in that thing. Mine sits on the counter all the time which is high praise. That meatloaf didn't come out brown but it sure was good. I guess you could put it under the broiler for company if you needed it to be browned.
That is my commercial for the instant pot.
How are you guys today? Hollowpoint, i don't think i ever told you it is nice to have you with us. thanks for hanging with us. Nov, peyote critical sounds serious.

My mom gave us an 8qt and I love that thing. No lie, pot roast in 30-45 minutes and it's good! They're also a pressure cooker so they can sterilize small things if need be too!

Nov, peyote critical sounds serious

I hope it is! I'm really looking forward to it!

I think
I've had to much coffee this morning. Look at all those exclamation points :)

I feed till last 2 weeks, then just ph'd water till harvest.

Thanks Hollowpoint. I guess I'll feed them again and then that will be it.

I know I have tons of questions guys, thanks for answering them all! Pretty soon I'l be as prepared as a boy scout.

Pot roast in 30- 40 minutes ?-- Mane I brine a pork roast for 24 hours -- Then put it in my electric smoker for 12-18 hours - low and slow !-- It turn out just fine !--I'm not sure but it may be against the law to only cook a roast for 30 minutes in Texas ?-- Pretty much everything is against the law in Texas

Thunder and lightening woke me up about 4 am - Stayed up until about 6 then went back to bed - Sun came out and it's like a sauna out there now !
Nov-- think he got lots of questions ?-- What's this root wet and dry cycle ?-- Why don't it apply to my aero boxes ?- My Roots get sprayed 15 minutes on 15 minutes off - They always wet !- I don't want them drying out !-- Then there's this flushing thing ?-- Baffles me !--Is it because U got sugar or molasses in your nutes and that will affect the taste of the weed ?-- I ran the same nute solution from the beginning of bloom until harvest - Might only do a res change once a month - and PH once a week !
Then there's this magical moment when U supposed to know when to water dirt plants ?- How often and how much seems like Kentucky windage to me ?- When to feed ?--the same thing !-- Water pharming eliminates a lot of dat **** !- I don't water - I don't feed -- and only change nute solution once - twice a bloom cycle at most -- I don't like that - When do I ?- guessing game --

Good morning OFC. I water with non PH'd water last week. It helps the fade. It is a nute deficiency that brings out the color and not PH'ing the water at the end does that extremely well.
I'll do that Umbra. I kind of quite ph checking my water anyhow. I read if you're organic situation is proper you don't need to. After the auto came down I stopped checking. I think, shortly thereafter.
I didn't see your post until now. Sometimes it seems I miss posts like I'm blind.

Nov - U got to watch Umbra like a hawk !-- He try to slide 411 right past your nose without U seeing it - -- Not this time Cuz !--Nute deficiency color ?---- I see what U said !- Thanks !--

I did a foliar compost tea spray. I also added some kelp to the water. I've never used a foliar spray. An hour or so after some areas look much nicer! I'm convinced! I read the sticky in one of the sub forums and figured why not.
I can't believe what these LEDs are doing. I expected bad results when I decided to get an led lamp.
If your lamp has 2 switches, bloom and veg, could you flower just under the bloom lighting? I keep them both on. But I played around with turning one veg light off to lower heat. 80* to high, right? Idk if I'm correct but under the red they seemed to produce more oil when squeezing a bud.

Nov - If U got 2 switches like on my MarsHydro 300 watt lights and turn either one off -- U now got a 150 watts light -- I leave them both on all da time !-- I'm a LED grower - I can't see going to anything else except better LEDS -- Cuts your power usage and produces less heat so U have to cool less which reduces power usage even more --

Now if they would just make LEDS with easily replaceable Light boards - Since more are using LEDs - I tell U about how the light boards work -- They have 2 circuits in series - Like those old Christmas lights where if one bulb goes out they all go out -- One chip burns out U loose the whole circuit -- This happens U can jump across the bad chip and the rest will work again !- If other lights are like MarsHydro- They do not want U getting to that light board !-They make it hard to get it out
- One day I'd like to change led chips like a light bulb - But that ain't today

I'm definitely impressed and sold on led lighting. I'll never go back either. I have some dense buds growing. I'm interested in Rose's lights, Umbra's lights, the solstrips and the Cali brand. I could see spending that kind of money on a lamp now. I couldn't fathom it before. Seeing is believing!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back