Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Supposedly the king led lights are sold with individual connections to the boards so you don't have that problem. You lose that diode only.

My lights are Lush Lighting and the woman i bought them from has told me about their customer service in getting you a loaner while yours is being fixed, but mine has never needed anything. Mine are just plug and play. I think Umbras are for professional growers. I think you might need to be smart to use those. LOL

I got an email from Dr Zymes with a link to get a 25% discount on their products until Friday. If anyone is interested I can post the link. I don’t like links though-it is a mailchimp site. I contacted Dr Zymes though through their website and they verified it is legit(unless their ‘contact us’ link has been hijacked). The code for the discount is BRM25. I don’t work for them and don’t stand to get any benefit from this. I just want to help...

My lights are Lush Lighting and the woman i bought them from has told me about their customer service in getting you a loaner while yours is being fixed, but mine has never needed anything. Mine are just plug and play. I think Umbras are for professional growers. I think you might need to be smart to use those. LOL
Yes the fluence lights are more geared toward commercial growers, but home hobbyists love them as well. I would agree that the best results are from experienced growers rather than beginners. They work exceeding well, though. Not cheap, for sure.

Now if they would just make LEDS with easily replaceable Light boards - Since more are using LEDs - I tell U about how the light boards work -- They have 2 circuits in series - Like those old Christmas lights where if one bulb goes out they all go out -- One chip burns out U loose the whole circuit -- This happens U can jump across the bad chip and the rest will work again !- If other lights are like MarsHydro- They do not want U getting to that light board !-They make it hard to get it out
- One day I'd like to change led chips like a light bulb - But that ain't today

That’s one reason I like my led setup...my setup has 9 strips but you can use as many of few as your space needs...
I have 5@3500k and [email protected] strip cost me $20...if one goes out, it’s $20 to replace it...each strip can draw up to 48 watts depending on where you have the driver set...I run at about 80% as it seems I get better efficiency...I can also add more if my space gets bigger or if I decide I need more light...the strips are about 1.5” wide and 16” long...I just made a frame using angle aluminum and screwed everything together...the whole thing is open so any heat(there isn’t much) can rise right thru it...the drivers are located outside the grow space so it doesn’t add heat either...easy as anything to wire up too as all the connections are just pushing the wire into a hole...no soldering...
2DDA1F25-55FA-4AEE-BD40-A58EBE2EC9FD.jpeg

Last edited:
RE - I been watching what U do !-- I'm make a few changes but I think I'm gonna set the new grow up with a drip and drain system alot like what U do .
- There's 2 drivers in each of my lights and I got 2 or 3 broken ones - ( they got a chip out )-- I don't know what U mean by running them at 80%--
I can follow instructions and connect color coded wires-- flip switches and plug **** in-- Not a high level of expertise .
'Lectricity ?- She don't like me much !- She knock me out and made my fingers black one time !-- Ruined a perfectly good buzz !--
I specially don't need to be messing with no 'lectricity when I been drinking !-- That did not turn out well !-- I don't drink anymore but I'm still scared of it --

I know a little about lots of stuff but not much about anything !-- My little brother is a plumber and taught me all I know bout that !-- He say U only need to know 3 things about plumbing !-- **** run down hill -- Boss is a sombitch-- and pay day is on Friday !

I don’t mind electrical stuff but I hate plumbing...I start to fix a plumbing issue and it just grows...next thing I’m replacing 3 or 4 fittings back from where the trouble started...

By 80%, I mean the lights are capable of drawing 48 watts per strip...on the drivers or at least the ones I have there is a voltage adjust, the secondary on mine is 24volts and another adjustment for current...the drivers are factory adjusted to 24v...I can back of the current till the power drawn is 80% of the max...supposedly that gives me a higher efficiency electrically...I have one driver for the 3500k and another for the 2700k...I run just the 3500k for veg and add the other during flower...

I see !-U can adjust your driver -- These drivers would be repurposed - I got a voltage meter somewhere ?-- Maybe I just save them for spare parts - Maybe get a new lightboard one day - I'm buy probably some those King 1,500 watt LED lights for my new bloom -- If I'm grow bigger plants I need better lights !--

I need to do some drawing on my geriatric grow system -
I think I described it once - bunch of plumbing pumps and timers - Even pumping used nute water to a holding tank out back to water fruit and veggies - ( He means something he can ferment)---Grow the size of a couple work bays and run it from a desk top control panel !- I may not always be this spry and agile !

Good Morning Everyone....Holy humidity...it was thick enough to cut with a blade yesterday. Just standing outdoors and breathing was enough to generate sweat lol, payback for those nice dry days last week. Looks like everyone is planning and scheming their grow improvements...that is one of the fun things in this hobby....window shopping all the gadgets out there to help our production. This run I am using a HPS 600 watt and a CMH 315 watt...just like trying different specs and what not...going to an HLG 260 watt quantum boards LED hopefully in the near future. They just came out with 900 mm heat sinks as opposed to the 600 mm ones allows the boards a little more spread....better heat dissipation.I will go for the DIY it kit and two boards ...two will allow me to have the tall strains on one side and short on other with lights adjusted accordingly. They have a nice 120 watt bar to cover any missed areas. ChemDawg and Maxwell-house....love the fuel taste in the morning.. Peace

Good morning OFC!!!
Keef have you ever thought about Deep Water Culture? Super easy and you really only need an air pump and air stones. You could set up a pump to help you fill res's and just install a bulkhead fitting to drain. Super easy, big growth.
I was dreaming about lights last night lol. Was walking somewhere in the dark and one would light up so I'd go chasing it but never get it haha!
waiting on the lights so I can see my girls.
I hope you all have a wonderful day!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back