Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning OFC !- We gonna wake and Bake or what ?-- Gonna lay off my tincture today and maybe get something done --
Nov - I've done DWC - Grew tomatos and peppers in used nute water in the corner of the grow room -- The reason I don't do production DWC is all about the amount of nute water needed -- Aero uses less and my box system is about half DWC -- There is less than a foot inside my boxes between the lid and the water - It don't take long before the roots reach it -- Some roots floating around in it - the rest get sprayed -- I use a big aquarium air stone in each box -
- Next set up I'm probably going with a recirculating drip and drain system- 6 inch baskets filled with baked clay balls - a drip ring around the plant covered by a neopreme area collar so I can keep my water enclosed and keep out Knats-
Gonna be in the mid 90s and steamy today !

I'm sorry Umbra. You probably need a few more days to recover! I am sorry for your loss dude. I was looking forward to seeing the Black Triangle (that was it right?) come to life. I was serious when I posted about a simple automated system. I'm a chitty coder but it can be done. I really do have a book that will guide you into the process but even zipped it says it's to large. It's a picture book :p

Mr. Keef- I've been thinking about going back to buckets and making an RDWC setup, but like you said it uses a lot of nutes. I always followed the Lucas formula. I think aero is cool but those sprayers and foggers scare me. tho I suppose if the roots are in the solution it wouldn't be so bad if there were failure. I like your new plan. It sounds clean. I like the look of the collars. Space agey yet functional.

It's so humid here. The dehumidifier should be here soon! maybe today. It isn't hot tho. 64*.

I still have black triangle. My oldest son in NC likes vape carts. The street price in NC is $60 for 1/2 g cart. Here they are $25 at a dispensary. So I went to look at some, lol. 2 biggest sellers in the flower available were black triangle and key lime pie. I have both. So I'm not missing much at the dispensaries. Did pick up some THCA crystals for myself.

I kinda like the carts myself, if you get decently made ones. Some leak, a lot. the last 1 I bought was 1g for 60. How do you like the thca crystals? I feel like I need the entourage effect.

I kinda like the carts myself, if you get decently made ones. Some leak, a lot. the last 1 I bought was 1g for 60. How do you like the thca crystals? I feel like I need the entourage effect.
Actually I haven't tried them yet, working.

If I don't come up with a better option and end but back on the river in East Texas - I got a plan !-- I'm need a legendary sativa - I sex it over the winter and come spring I take clones up the river some - I'm need a map or grid coordinates- No way I could remember where I put 100 spread out clones -
Come Croptober ?-- Put some prime bud up for smoking and dry ice hash everything else -- Then press the oil out the hash for carts and other stuff - I have to check again but they did have empty cartridges outta China for 5 for a dollar seems ?--
Music --Haley Reinhart -- Sitting on the dock of the bay -- House of the rising sun -Can't find my way home
Dam !- That girl can sing !

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello OFC

I hope everyone is doing well today.

I purchased a 1 gram Tangie vape cartridge for 35$ in Modesto CA. A new dispensary I checked out had a vast selection and reasonable prices. The cartridge labeling says 91.38% THC. Woo Hoo!
If anyone in the Modesto CA area is interested I know two places with good selections and reasonable prices. It is over an hour drive from me so I don't go there often. The local dispensary in Sonora sells cartridges for 60 to 70 dollars each. YIKES!

Have a great day guys!

Texas time comes - eventually !- I've had some cartridges - I liked them alot !- Only thing is I think they too potent for most for social smoking-- A couple tokes and U just sit there with that stupid look on your face drooling -- I think there is a room for my Liquid Weed ( half strength hash oil carts )-- Maybe 30-35 % THC ?-- still stronger than the mother weed ! -- I didn't like the math for hash oil carts but Liquid Weed got some pretty good math -- I'm still leaning towards that "Simply C " CO2 extractor for hash oil carts -- A Rosen Press is effective and I want one too - but - The heat from a Rosen Press has got to drive off some the lower temp Terepenes- Just seems to me using the Simply C would preserve ALL the terps ! - Kinda expensive though -- $2,500 probably 3,000 before it's set up and running - It's weakness ?- The one ounce run capacity --I can work around that -- They have a larger add on chamber that can run a quarter pound ( another $1,500) but it seems to me the only way to make it effective is to run hash thru it -- 30-45 minute run time an ounce at a time ?- I can work with that !

I was planning on pressing rosin. But I started taking some medication and I feel like a little goes a long way now. I feel like I'm too high much of the time lately. Like Keef said, dumb and drooling. The sticker on my Diamond OG cart (RIP) which was awesome says 72.886% and that had us very stoned at the T-Bell drive through ordering all kinds of stuff. Lots of Citrus at 8.5w.
So Keef, you may be on to the money maker there once people get over the super high thc number craze/fad. I can remember 20 years ago smoking some really nice bud that did us all just fine. I'm sure it woulda tested as low as 12%. Thats why I asked Umbra what he thought of the THC-A. I didn't realize you meant you had just been there Umbra.
Im gonna look that up, Simply C.

If Umbra didn't have that job he probably be making those THCA crystals -- I am not going down that path -- Last time I tried to figure out the process I think I popped a blood vessel in my mind !-- Over my head !-- No one knows what Texas gonna do if they ever change the law - Knowing Texas it'll be different than other states -- I been off into the medical side -- Won't be long I'll be up and running again -- All these extracts and THC products are fine and well but U gotta have the weed or U got nothing !-- Texas will be a virgin legal market -- and I'm be right there waiting -- I am not above using the Good Ole Homeboy advantage either -
It's not like I expect to get rich - I just want to see this happen in Texas and be a part of it ! -- I got a resume and I knows some people ?

How many plants are you planning on having with LED's?
THis question has given me much thought Rose. I'm getting ahead of myself somewhat. I suppose there are hopes for expansion but for now just the 2x4. So, 2 good size plants or a handful of smaller ones? I will have a 5x5 eventually, things keep coming up. That would give room for about 16 4 footers? I have the 2 King's now but down the road when I've gotten more under my belt I could see spending the money on those lights. I'm learning that continual growing is a lot different than flowering out 2 plants and that's it. I'm having fun tho. I need a 2x2 for drying too. MAybe I get a 4x4 for propagation. Seeing good genetics is a great experience. I've not grown anything that's had me this excited since my first time.
TL:DR
as many as i can

I need - I need - I need ?-- Sounds like another grower disease to me !- I think we all got it ?--
LOL I'm needy bro. What can I say?

I was just thinking that if I get a 4x4/5x5 I could veg in there and flower in the 2x4. Just flower 2-4 at a time? I know it's backwards but I want more strains available but space and funds are a nope at the moment. I got away with buying a lot of stuff :) I wish she'd let me veg in the bathroom.

Nov-- the smaller they are the more plants U can bloom and have more variety ! -- That's how I ended up growing midgets -- Maybe U should talk to RE about a Tent Scrog - Probably the best way to get the most out of limited space ?
Nick grew a Scrog for awhile - I think till the cops showed up ?-- He was getting some great harvest from Nurse Larry !

16 is a rather larger number. I think I was going for 6, not 16. I have fat fingers. It takes me a lot of backspaces to type a post.
Right now I use 3 gal pots. I'd probably stay at 3 gal to keep them smaller. 4 5 gallons would fill it huh? Tents are new to me.
I have a scrog net in place now. The HGK Didn't stretch enough but what didn't hit the net is still getting plenty of light. You can see day 29 in my journal Keef.

Are there many varieties that will finish faster than the AK ?-- 45 days would give me a 3 Part bloom rotation -
Anyone know of something that finish that quick ?
Peyote Critical can finish in 49 days. it says 49 - 55 I think....here: https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/barneys-farm-seeds-peyote-critical/prod_6517.html
45 days is really fast. Do they actually finish that quick or is it longer usually? MOst I find are 49-5? days.
This you might like too Keef https://www.cannabis-seeds-bank.co.uk/delicious-seeds-sugar-candy/prod_5382.html

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back