Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning OFC...The world bring us troubles daily sometimes it seems...Hope all works out for you Nov..... and Ms. Rose you have a brave heart , hope all turns out OK. Hit 99* here yesterday...was getting a bit dizzy from heat exhaustion yesterday,came in and had a liter of re-hydrate fluid (liter of water, 2 table spoons ACV, juice from half lemon, 1oz honey) works well for me. Looks like the TD (once it forms) will pass closer to this area than East TX for now...looking better for you Keef. They are saying 4-8 inches rain and TD winds for here....natures cooling mechanism. Dug around in the jars and found some dynamite this morning for the pipe. Peace

I have a hiatal hernia. I will probably never get surgery, lol. I hated it when I eat something and it doesn't quite go in my stomach. Not stuck in my throat, but not quite in the stomach either. It's happened on a date, out to dinner and I'll have to go in the bathroom. Either the food will go in the stomach, or I'll have to throw it up.
I was born with a hiatal hernia. Came in handy when I was school aged as I learned I could vomit any time I wanted and could stay home ‘sick’...

Morning OFC
HP stay safe - Looks like I'm in the clear -Maybe some rain but we about 4 inches behind for the year so no problems - It'll be a good chance to see how much flooding they'll get in East Texas ! - See if it floods where I'm headed !-- U can't trust weather predictions so I'm keeping my eye on it !-- We can't handle another Harvey yet !

I missed a lot of school in high school -- Most of the school counselors were in a volunteer fire dept. -- They recruited me and a couple others as rescue and recovery divers and paid for our scuba lessons -- So they passed me and I went into the black water and brought back thier dead !- I was told if I was gonna skip class --stop by the office and they'd give me an excuse note !
The teachers didn't want me in thier class anyway - Said I was an instigator who disrupted class ! -- I graduated near the bottom of my class and was just glad it was over !- I think most figured I would go to that jungle war and die anyway-- I didn't !

Morning OFC! It's a new day and I'm gonna make it better than yesterday!
You guys have lived some living! Keef! Blackwater is no fun.
Thanks everyone for your words and support.
Everybody get stoned this morning, here put your head under this blanket and dont touch the barrel :p

When that tone in that monitor buzz out my signal -- I needed to get to the fire house or meet them somewhere fast !-
- Me and that burnt orange 57 Chevy ?-- We liked that part !-- On the road - standing on it !- knowing I'm not getting a speeding ticket-- It was glorious-- I pass a cop he don't get out my way ! --

Good morning folks. Drcree, I used to have a nice corsair but it was sold along with most of my toys when I was traveling around the country in a camper. You have to make allowances when you live small. I will have another one of these days. This one is a Waco YMF-5
nick, that waco ymf is a beautiful plane. there is something special about that gull wing corsair design. it was only used by the marines in the pacific, correct?
y'know, of all the airshows i have been to, there has yet to be a corsair parked. would really like to just touch it. you know what i mean?

Last edited:
Decree - What up Cuz !- I almost had Nick talked into a 3/4 scale light plane kit - He had his eye on a biplane -- I was wanting an ultra light myself but Nick got me looking at some light planes -- I'm not that picky long as it can take off and land in a tight place --STOL or VSTOL -- Very short take off and landing -- U would be surprised at what $30,000 would buy ?-- One good grow someplace nobody can get to would pay for it quick !--

gooday all. really nice outside--~70 and quiet. just chased a black bear away from the house. there's 4 hangin around this year.
novi, sorry about your situation, umbra, glad your past situation changed. hives are no treat. rose, you are a sweetheart, girl. i give you a lot of credit!

we had a foster child for a year. 12 year old girl, raised in squalor. couldn't break her of that mindset and tried my hardest to get her to learn things. she was in the slow class at school and came to the realization that not applying herself was easier than working. she really struggled with math so over the summer i taught her multiplication and division. when she returned to school, her teacher started her right back in with addition. i spoke with the teacher and told her what she could do, but she said, this is how we start them and how she will respond the best. needless the say, she never rebounded. BUT she loved to ride on the h-d. she was the best passenger i ever had. now truly, that has to say something, eh?

Decree - What up Cuz !- I almost had Nick talked into a 3/4 scale light plane kit - He had his eye on a biplane -- I was wanting an ultra light myself but Nick got me looking at some light planes -- I'm not that picky long as it can take off and land in a tight place --STOL or VSTOL -- Very short take off and landing -- U would be surprised at what $30,000 would buy ?-- One good grow someplace nobody can get to would pay for it quick !--
hey keef! haven't talked at for a while bud. hear you need to get outta where you be and go the greener side of the fence. that place nick mentioned seemed enticing.

those ultralights seem to have quite a draw for me as well. i knew of a guy who had one a long time ago and believe it or not, he had my ex (who if terrified of heights) going up with him. well she didn't go and he ended up crashing. $30k for a decent one, eh? do those require a pilot's license?

Decree I ain't real good at rules and laws !-- My plane my field - My rules !-- Screw U !-- Not U decree -U know what I mean !- U don't need a license for an ultralight - airports got rules and such so I'll just stay away -- A ground school would be a good thing --
I don't dare have one down here this close to the border --
They strap a drop basket on the bottom-- dart across the border from Mexico - do a bombing run on the intended and make it rain kilo bricks !--Dart right back into Mexico without landing ! --5 to 10 minutes in US airspace and gone !-- What they gonna do shoot them down ?

Watching that storm in the Gulf !-- Right now I'm be fine but if that storm don't hook into land and makes it here this place is toast !-- I'll put the dogs and my tent in the car and turn rabbit if it gets close ! --Can't do that with earthquakes and tornados cause U get no warning -- I hope it don't move inland some and park -- It could flood bad as Harvey

B3F28EFC-A97C-4C11-BB23-D946772A2230.jpeg
Anyone know what this is? Meth maybe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back