Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Morning OFC....Wake n Bake with some Cherry Bomb today for me.I hope your next run is more to your standards 2RE...I have never tried the AF strains,not sure if I care to.Umbra I use the mower to keep the bamboo in check...its spreads by Rhizome root system and will only grow so far with out new stalks to support the new rhizomes. They put up mostly in the spring when its nice and moist...as a farmer we battled Johnsongrass and its rhizome root system as well, it originated in S Eurasia brought into the country for a forage crop...but quickly turned into a hated weed in row crops.Herbicides were developed that trans-locates to the rhizomes and kills them. Glyphosate is one of the main ones...my Dad fed cattle in winter time with the hay from Johnsongrass ...not realizing he was infesting his fields for next spring. I use the black bamboo to make fishing poles...it is very strong and dense. I do not fish myself but give the poles to the young and seniors, I cure/dry them and coat them in a weather proof polyurethane and can give away more than I can make lol. Peace

couple shots of the bamboo...black bamboo and a blonde timber bamboo...there is a mom and pop bamboo emporium in the next town over....they have a large variety of bamboo for sale. Also there is a green timber variety that grows wild here...not native but its common, we used it to make our bongs before all the fancy ones online these's days.

IMG_20190717_064014319_69 black.jpg IMG_20190717_064024536_69 black 2.jpg IMG_20190717_064057419_72 blonde.jpg IMG_20190717_064110050_72 blonde 2.jpg

Good morning OFC , enjoying a bowl of GSC forum cut and a cup of Newmans Own dark roast coffee. Temps are supposed to be around 109 today , 114 was the high yesterday, took awhile to get the condo cooled down. Looking for tbe monsoon season to start this week , could sure use the rain here in the desert. I hope everyone is feeling better than they were. Cant get the tent below 80 but I think the girls will be okay. I have 3 weeks to go.

Del
1563371914745-873748131.jpg

Good morning OFC. It's a hard knock life. Humid/rainy and weather man is threatening to make it110 on the heat index. I'm having a lot of left shoulder pain and reflux. Trying not to psych myself out. Feels like there's hundreds of pounds on my shoulder when I lie down.

Good morning OFC. It's a hard knock life. Humid/rainy and weather man is threatening to make it110 on the heat index. I'm having a lot of left shoulder pain and reflux. Trying not to psych myself out. Feels like there's hundreds of pounds on my shoulder when I lie down.
Sorry your feeling bad Novitius, old injury? That reflux is a hard one,I usually end up sleeping sitting up with pillows supporting me to keep the acid down. I found a yogurt drink helped alot a couple of hours before I sleep.

couple shots of the bamboo...black bamboo and a blonde timber bamboo...there is a mom and pop bamboo emporium in the next town over....they have a large variety of bamboo for sale. Also there is a green timber variety that grows wild here...not native but its common, we used it to make our bongs before all the fancy ones online these's days.

View attachment 253607 View attachment 253608 View attachment 253609 View attachment 253610
That looks so nice , open fields of green, I grew up in Indiana and now live in the desert. Looks like you have plenty of room!

gooday all.
novi, did you ice it down? maybe a chiropractor may be able to help you. got that reflex krap as well. bend down and get a mouthful. ugh.
hope you get to felling better
re, good to hear your house is doing better. any word from rose?
welcome del. like your doberman
Thanks Drcree Shes half weimeraner half greyhound hehehe ;) my profile pic is my old friend Cinnamon, she was an Egyptian Pharoah Hound. Bestest bud but had to put her down at 14. Annabelle took her place a year later.

Last edited:
I'm not sure what it is. I think it is from all the stress I'm facing right now. Someone must've prayed for me because it just went away. Just as quickly as it arrived.
Once I was relaxed I took a nug from the HGK. That **** right there..... It's gonna be so nice. first thing I thought when the buzz came on was yeah. There it is.
Now I gotta keep my hands off every thing for a while.

I'm not sure what it is. I think it is from all the stress I'm facing right now. Someone must've prayed for me because it just went away. Just as quickly as it arrived.
Once I was relaxed I took a nug from the HGK. That **** right there..... It's gonna be so nice. first thing I thought when the buzz came on was yeah. There it is.
Now I gotta keep my hands off every thing for a while.
Glad you feel better :)

When I am looking at trichomes should I cut off a small sugar leaf and check there or right at the calyx? I have a small handheld microscope and you really need to be on top of the material to see it. Advice?

I found a jewellers loupe to be the best. 30x with a 60x. What I've learned is to hold the glass steady and move my head to get a good focus. I always check the plant. Whatever works for you though.

I have a weimaraner named Boomer. Greyhounds go back to the Pharaohs and were hunting dogs. I had a rescue greyhound. She was a great dog.
Both were rescue as well, the greyhound demeanor is just all around great. Boomer sounds like the perfect name for a weimie! Does he have the crazy yellow eyes?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back