Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I retired before I was eligible for SS & Medicare...wasn’t planning to but my job moved to France and I didn’t want to go...the company I worked for filed bankruptcy and were bailed out by a French company...I was old enough for their early retirement so I took it...it sure did help when SS & Medicare rolled around though...I managed to support myself a few years building guitars until around 2008 when the economy went down the tube...Now I’m too tired for that stuff...

Only 2 real variables in growing weed -- Nature (genetics) and Nurture- ( the environment U provide )-- If the genetics aren't there they ain't coming out no matter how good your environment is -- U got the best genetics in the world and a lousy environment U not getting all the plant has to offer !--
U got the genetics and the environment like Umbra got !-- BAM !-- There it is !-- What is that top pic Umbra or are they all the same plant ? - Frosty !
Top is GDPx. Next is mango x blackrose x apricot head. Then grape pearl and that sativa giant is BPUx

Sometimes there's stuff I don't know but wonder about - like -- They don't really serve Kool aid at those rallies do they ?-- Cause that just wouldn't be right !-- Ain't nothing wrong with some Kool aid till it gets in the hands of someone like Jim Jones !-- Don't drink the Kool aid ya'll !---I think they got a Q-ANON beam turnt up to bout 11 at them rallies -- I couldn't go !-- Looks too much like church to me except for the preying part !

RE -- What scared me was the music they was warming the crowd up with !-- Rolling Stones --"Sympathy for the Devil" -
I thought --Naw !- Naw !- Naw !-- That ain't right !-- This is da Dam twilight zone jack !-- Seems like someone woulda given that some more thought ?

Well, that’s just a history lesson in a song, it ain’t the end of the world but as far as yer crowd, I’m sure there was a darkness brewing in there so prolly best to stay out...

Good morning OFC. My babies aren't doing as good as I would like. What does anyone think of starting seeds in RR plugs? I don't think my root system is doing as good as I would like.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good Morning everyone. Ness, I use rapid rooter plugs and clonex to start all my plants. Works great. This time I forgot the clonex so I started 'em with Roses method of using honey. We'll see how that goes. Anyhow to answer your question, they work great!

zigggy, I really wish they were closer. I spent a lot of money building the perfect grow room before I got popped. Cops pretty much destroyed all the equipment but the room is still there. Maybe in a year or two I can refill it and finlly use it again.

Good Morning everyone. Ness, I use rapid rooter plugs and clonex to start all my plants. Works great. This time I forgot the clonex so I started 'em with Roses method of using honey. We'll see how that goes. Anyhow to answer your question, they work great!
Morning Folks

How has it been?
I have a quick question for rapid rooter users here.
I have some older RR says 3 yrs now still sealed in zip lock
Do you think they go bad,
Don't want to encourage any damping off
\Thank You all

zigggy, I really wish they were closer. I spent a lot of money building the perfect grow room before I got popped. Cops pretty much destroyed all the equipment but the room is still there. Maybe in a year or two I can refill it and finlly use it again.
,,,,,,,i don't think ill grow in my house till my boy is grown and has moved out ,,,i wont put him at risk again ,,,i was stupid last time real stupid ,,,but i got lucky even tho i had to do 6 months it could have been a lot worse

I don't use rapid rooters -- I run bare roots in aero so what ever I start seed in got to go away -- I'm out so only got the box to remind me what I need -- These are a bio type foam -- Soon as a sprout is long enough to go thru one my neopreme collars I peel the foam stuff carefully away from the roots and put only the Sprout in aero -- Then it's all over !-- This pic is sideways and I can't seem to fix it !
Then maybe it's me that's twisted sideways ? -- I use them on a seed starting heat mat and use a dome !- They in these for only 2 weeks or less !

Attachments

• 20190329_091947.jpg
    20190329_091947.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 29
As for growing in the house it's just me so I had thought I would probably buy an old 3 bedroom house with some seclusion after we sell this place -- Use one bedroom for veg and one for bloom and sleep in the third ?-- I can also work with a garage-- I would eventually want a shop type insulated building out back --Where I can put in my kinda security system -- - I've watched how Umbra turns that 2 car garage over for 5 harvest a year !--I could do something like that -- I'm flexible but I got my mind set on room size bloom and grow soon as I can -- I'll run with those King 1500 LEDs or equivalent -- bloom won't be that different from what RE does -- Just bigger !--

Good Morning OFC, I've been setting up a new grow room, 12x12, So far I have the lights hung ( 4 - 1000 watt air cooled hoods for a 8 x 12 grow canape ) also the air exchanger is in place. Seems like I'm moving a little slow but I'm getting there.

Snake --Welcome to the OFC -- We do get things done a little slower as we age -- but we still get it done -- I got my grow stuff boxed up for a move -- speculating what I might do -
Pull up a chair -- Living in a free state must be nice -- I never smoked a legal joint in my life and I'm about your age-- I'm in Texas where they hunt us for sport !-- I'm watching to see what Texas might do with prohibition during the session of Congress --
There's a couple other peeps who do some brewing or distilling around here --

Guess I'm get too high again today -- Somebody got to do it !
Anyway !-
Neil Young was doing All Along the Watch Tower and they had to send somebody to bring that boy back -- I don't know where he goes when he gets lost in one those solos but I think I would like it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back