Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
ok so my knowledge of light is stick it above a plant and plant grows , since I have changed to LED I have noticed that penetration is an issue , this could be the low wattage of light Im using 2 x 400w , I have overcome this by scroging and have had some great results , my question is at what point does the plant say that's enough I see on post people using up to 4000watt I would think that would mean you could have it higher to get more spread meaning more plants but if you have a limited are say 4x4 seems to be the most common is there a point where the light is being wasted as the plant cant absorb any more or is the more the better ,

ok so my knowledge of light is stick it above a plant and plant grows , since I have changed to LED I have noticed that penetration is an issue , this could be the low wattage of light Im using 2 x 400w , I have overcome this by scroging and have had some great results , my question is at what point does the plant say that's enough I see on post people using up to 4000watt I would think that would mean you could have it higher to get more spread meaning more plants but if you have a limited are say 4x4 seems to be the most common is there a point where the light is being wasted as the plant cant absorb any more or is the more the better ,
Good morning OFC.
Some LEDs have better penetration because they use a lens on the front of the LED. All light follows the inverse square law. As you double the distance, the power is decrease by the square root. With LEDs, it is possible to get the plants too close to the lights and it will bleach them because it is too much light. LEDs require a good trim technique to make the most of the penetration

Good morning all, it has been a week that i don't want to repeat. Stress with a capital S... Neighbor dying and her husband lost his stuff at me. what? anyway, been busy and glad to have a day to myself.
Novi, RSO needs to come with a warning. This is what i tell folks and if they are old it is important. Start slow. like a pinhead dose. Do that three times a day if you can. Have the patient have a cane by their bed. I have had a patient be so weak she fell. Can't have that. Also, if she takes too much and is VERY uncomfortable she can grind some black pepper and put in water and drink it. Black pepper binds to cannabis sites so will slow the high down. She may not want to tell anyone except her doctor as you don't want anyone stealing her stuff.
Thanks for helping her. If i can help, let me know.

Good morning all, it has been a week that i don't want to repeat. Stress with a capital S... Neighbor dying and her husband lost his stuff at me. what? anyway, been busy and glad to have a day to myself.
Novi, RSO needs to come with a warning. This is what i tell folks and if they are old it is important. Start slow. like a pinhead dose. Do that three times a day if you can. Have the patient have a cane by their bed. I have had a patient be so weak she fell. Can't have that. Also, if she takes too much and is VERY uncomfortable she can grind some black pepper and put in water and drink it. Black pepper binds to cannabis sites so will slow the high down. She may not want to tell anyone except her doctor as you don't want anyone stealing her stuff.
Thanks for helping her. If i can help, let me know.
Thanks Rose! I'm forwarding her the bit about the black pepper. I warned her about getting up to fast but I'll tell her to keep a cane near by too. Definitely don't want her falling! I sent her links to Rick Simpson's site and she spent some time there. She's excited and prepared as can be. I think tomorrow I will make the oil.
Sitting outside with it is not an option. Troublesome neighbors. I am thinking I'll do it in the tent with the carbon filter exhausting the smell and fumes. What do you think?

oh man, you need a lot of ventilation, we always cooked it off outside. You will get sick if you breathe all that in. Do you have a hot plate and do it in the bathroom with window open and vent on? Be careful please.

Howdy all my friends. Decided to put everything on hold and take the wife and kids on a month long road trip. I honestly hadn't taken them on a proper vacation ever. We hit up 8 different states and racked up about 6,000 miles. Went all along the west coast, from San Diego up to Humboldt and hit every state between here and home.

It was amazing. Absolutely beautiful country. The beach was great, but I really fell in love with Humboldt county and north cali. As a southern raised boy who grew up swimming in the gulf of mexico, I was not prepared for the cold waters of the Pacific.

Good Morning OFC....TKR your due an oil change now after that vacation lol. Glad you were able to take the family and spend quality time ...we all get caught up in this capitalist society we have and forget how beautiful our nation is. Got the coffee and chem-dawg flowing today...have a blast from the bong please.....popped on those Tuna Kush seeds....going to find out how smelly it really is lol.Enjoy this fine Friday.Peace

Good morning all! Umbra I have a female BSHB and a male...woohoo lookout. It is a new day in the hood. I have a little dog to wash and cut her hair, the vet said she shouldn't go get groomed as it is too stressful, well, lets see what me doing it does to her stress level. She is our little Kali girl and terrier mix that showed up 8 years ago. She has very low platelets but is hanging in. She is a tough little girl.
It is going to be hot, 97 today. Plants sneer at the heat. Good girls.

Our little adopted dog will not allow his fur to be trimmed...we have to sleek up with the scissors and distract him...trouble is he has all these little dreadlock tangles on his belly and legs...can’t take him to the groomer because the groomer gets too stressed out...ona these days I’m gonna get him high and then we’ll trim him up good...
Sposed to hit 100* here tomorrow and Sunday...I’ll be outa town though...cheers y’all and stay cool or hi...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back