Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I know that's right Nick !-- My Mars Hydro 300 watt lights are beginning to given up the ghost -- Got 5 with a bad chip -- There's 4 circuits on each light - if a chip goes bad that whole circuit shuts down -- so one half of one side of the light don't work -- I got a couple country fab geniuses and we gonna have a light fixing class !-- All that has to be done is jump around the bad chip and the circuit lights up again minus that chip !-- We gonna start here but I already ask the important question they just didn't get it yet !-- I wanted to know if I bought this special expensive LED could U guys take it apart -fab me some frames- order some parts and make me a mess of them ?-- I think It's called a Spyder or Fluence I'll double check -- Bootleg lights ?-- Which one ?

Edit :--For the time being -- the fans and drivers are still good - could they be adapted to run COBB chips ?

you could do this:

I started out with a cheap 1000 watt led that people rave about on here, it was junk. Then I went to the viparspectras two grows later po-po busted 'em all. Then I went with their bggest models, worked good but two much blue in flower. Now I got 3 mars hydro SP series, 2 of the sp-250 and one sp-159. I like 'em the best so far but eventully I will build my own.

None of them have produced the quality of bud that my double-ended hps produced. However, my electric bill is a fraction of what it used to be when I was using them so I will suffer. I guess I better withdraw that statement. These news mars lights are doing the deed. Nuggs as hard as rocks but it may be the strain as its new too

Was sending this pic.. then noticed small patch on leaf on right side of bud, YIKES!!! never had before but sent me into instant panic. I examined plant Saturday and again yesterday found one other small patch on leaves. How can I tell if on buds?? Can anyone tell if on bud in pic. Next question should I go ahead and take down now. Does it show up on leaves first?? Help!
View attachment 255457
Steve, get rid of that leaf, put it in a ziploc or something and dispose of it so the spores don't get lose. Look at your plant very close, if you have a black light, mold shows up under that. Do not use it for medicine. Good luck.

We got the grow split up right now -- Cuz made a place in his trailer to sex the little seed plants while the WI-x-BBSL
and her rooted clones are in the original grow room -- Had to reduce the lights to cool it off -- Got a bigger a.c. unit coming so we sex them babies get the girls back in veg then grow them up some - get my cuts and flip the whole room -
I'm thinking in a month maybe 6 weeks ?-- I still think I may have to move this all to my new place -- This combat farming is no way to grow !

Those light look a lot like the solstrips that I use but they appear to have some other color options as well as different strip sizes...solstrips go for $29.99 heatsink included but check the spec first...what I like about this concept is you can spread the light out as much as you want and/or add more light by adding more strips...I use 3500k for veg and add in some 2700k for flower...if a strip goes out you don’t have to buy a whole light, just a strip...I think both brands are no solder assembly, the wires just push in...

Last edited:
Rain moving in !-- I knew my face didn't lie !-- It was just ahead of the game !-- RE -- I was thinking that looked like what U do !-- Hot dammit !--- I don't want to learn to build lights !-- What U gonna do ?-- Other Keef U in charge of building lights !-- No maybe not ?--- U can not be trusted with electricity unless U blowing **** up !-- This ain't that !

Thanks got me one of those Walmart black lights 24 inch here 11 bucks (five minutes away). Did a quick scan after turning off lights didn't see anything. Will follow up after light out tonight and check all. At time I found plant was outside grow room for picture so after look on internet I examined and found one other leaf with smaller area. I clipped off with snipers I don't use on my plants and out the door they went. Thanks again!!

A little collage of my backyard grow...not as impressive as most outdoor grows I see round here but they’re starting to fatten up even though they are only bout 2’ tall...I topped the two non autos when they were young so those two have a nice set of main colas...the auto(bottom right) is more Christmas tree like...I made myself a new wooden pipe gonna go try it out...
32143FFB-7D8B-4B85-86E9-0B257A5B6DC2.jpeg

Nicotine is an insecticide -- tell me again why we can't use a tobacco extract to kill bugs ?-- Boil a can of pipe tobacco - strain it and maybe even water it down some ?Then spray the plants- concentrating on the bottom of the leaves ?-- Seems like a good idea to me ?- I hate me some bugs -- I just want a sure fire one treatment wipe the friggin bugs out sort of thing !- Is that too much to ask ?

Good Afternoon All.... Reporting cooler air finally made it to the deep South....got a golden vanilla cake in the oven to flavor up the cool air...caramel apple wax melt in the warmer...house is smelling good! Cake will be ready in 30 minutes if ya'll want a hunk...followed shortly by excessive cannabis smoking.

Mmm !-- If They only made weed that smelt like that ?-- I would have to get me some !-- I still don't have that one that say "I AM STRAWBERRY !!"-- or maybe Strawberry Cheesecake -- or Strawberry Pie -- I'm not real picky !

Strawberry Pie it is
When blending two classic dessert strains like Strawberry Cookies and Cherry Pie, naturally we arrive at another guilty pleasure with the sumptuous Strawberry Pie. This Indica-leaning Hybrid strain retains the sweetness of its parents, but is also doused with a more overpowering earthy, gassy aroma. Its terpene profile is dominated by myrcene, which manifests content feelings of sleepiness and relaxation after ingestion of the plant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back