Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Morning folks.

I cant grow that strain to save my life. It always dies at some point before flower.

I've read that people have trouble with it. It's been easy to grow. It popped first in germination and was only outpaced by Umbra's Box of Chocolates in growth.
It does not like to go without water though. This is the second time I let the soil get to dry. With the heaters running the humidity is low too. Gonna fix that today or tomorrow.
It seems lately I never get done what I intend to do. I still haven't flipped my lights. I think they're all probably close to root bound if they haven't been for two weeks already... Now I gotta go up to 7 gal? 7 sounds good.... So much for a fast flip!

Good morning old farts...coolin off but I don’t see any rain in the forecast...well the mimosa is a boy so I pulled him out of the cabinet which makes it a bit more roomy in there for sure...I’ll try to see if I can keep him going separately and maybe collect soma that mimo dust....we’ll see...yesterday I made some gummies...I used about an oz of bud decarbed at 245* for 40 minutes...1 cup coconut oil...actually I only used about 2/3 cup of the finished oil in the gummies so I have enough for at least another batch...1 table spoon of lecithin...3oz jello( raspberry)...4 packs gelatin...1/2 cup berry juice...
According to a calculator that I found here https://wakeandbake.co/thc-dosage-calculator/
And not knowing the exact potency of my weed cuz it hasn’t been tested...but taking an average or even below average THC content for the strain, I should have between 20 and 30 mg thc per gummie...that seems about right to me...I’ve tried the 10mg that the industry seems to think is a standard dose but I get nuthin from that so these should be about right...
CA4DB57D-F4D8-4737-8454-32F71815A722.jpeg

Last edited:
2RE
I tried that freezing concentrating and while it does work, I'm looking more for distilled. I made a stovetop still out of a pressure cooker and a thump jug and copper line.
My last run turned out pretty good! Rhy whiskey.
gloman, i would be interested in seeing a drawing of your distiller design. you willing to share?
by the way, you still looking for an optic for your piece?

Post that pic of your still again Gloman -- Not only can U make liqour in it U can put a bowl of alcohol wash in it and distill most the alcohol off to save for next time --
I need me a gummy mold -- I'm with U RE - 10 grams is not a dose for us -- U got an edible tolerance like me --

Afternoon farmers....We hit 50* today and that seems warm...strong sunshine certainly feels good. Pretty gummies 2RE...can you freeze those thing for long term? Came in and got a pot of Irish stew bubbling now...I use beef though...I do not like lamb.Will serve it with white rice and Tex-Mex cornbread...I all ready got you a bowl out Keef. GDP with a scraper of rosin on top will do me in afterwards...its a ruff life....but somebody gotta do it I guess.

gloman, i would be interested in seeing a drawing of your distiller design. you willing to share?
by the way, you still looking for an optic for your piece?

Sure
Give me a day and Ill write it up and send you a pic.
I picked up a scope to go on my phone but it doesn't do a very good job.
I need to pick up something else.

Just got back from the vet - My little Jet buddy peed some blood in Corpus - just once haven't seen anymore - had to get heart worm meds anyway -- Shame mmj won't dissolve stones - he like his weed --He a little bud thief --
Must have got food poisoning on the trip-- Diahrea ain't no fun !--
Gloman got a fine little stove top still -- simple build - he did an excellent job on the thump keg and that worm bucket is a great design job --
For the record -- DO NOT try the Gloman's-- "Dragon Piss"-- RSO and Golden Teach extract in high test ethanol-- Make U eat **** and howl at the moon ! -- He a scary man !

Yes hp, you can freeze them and I did though they won’t be around for the long haul...the wifey enjoyed hers quit a bit...2 seems about right for us...I hope some day cannabis testing comes to the home grower...it would be nice to know what the potency is exactly...
Jozi had an episode this morning and is at the vet now...we were delivering our “meals on wheels” route and stopped at debi’s sister after and Jozi was just standing there with her rear end sort of wobbling side to side and head bobbing...Kinda like what happened to Bucky a couple years ago...he apparently ate some weed and got a bit whacked out but recovered quickly...but I don’t think Jozi could have and it would not have been decarbed so I’m not sure what happened...the vet thinks she’s getting better and figured that she must have eaten something....
Can a dog get buzzed by eating non decarbed weed?

Remember that pic I posted of Harley thee other day? He munched about 1/2 a muffin, was out like a light for the next 3 hours. I saw him munching on the muffin so I knew what was coming. He eats fresh trim alla time and loves it. He isn't much for dried and cured and I'd shoot the person that tried to shotgun him but Harley is all about edibles!

RE home testing would be nice wouldn't it ?-- Not a clue how much happiness is in an edible -- I been doing research on dosage with my caps for a novice or someone with little experience ?-- Not like us !-- I take a dose of 4 but others tell me 2 is a dose -- Some who like to become zombies say 3 is a dose !--
Instead of gummies would fruit rollups work well for THC edibles ?-- I seemed to be driven towards MMJ so why fight it ?-- Lots of vets and others with PTSD -- Pain - Crohn's -depression -- cancer -- My medicine would help them all !--

So Gloman -- The filtered fermented mash go in the pot-- When it heats up to 190 plus the vapor comes out the pot thru that pressure gauge hole in the pressure cooker into the copper line to your thump bucket ( also called a doubler or puke bucket )-- Any liquid that made it into the copper line will stay in the thump keg while the vapor passes thru and continues on to the Worm bucket or box -- vapor goes thru a condenser coil of copper line in the Worm box cooled by water and comes out a sealed line at the bottom as a liquid -- U got quick connects between the components ?--

Last edited by a moderator:
This morning when I went into the grow to check things the thermometer said it got down to 56* in the flower room last night. Today I put a space heater in there plugged into a thermostat designed to keep things at a comfy 75 all the time. Later on the cold might be beneficial but not now. Was nice and blustery high of 30* outside today and got down to 17 last night tonight is more of the same.

Good Morning OFC...Got some light rain trying to move in....this Arctic air is so dry it does not reach the ground, its been 35% to 40% range last couple days....I have to take the drying cannabis down today it has dried very quickly.Taking it down means sample time! The leaves on the trees are showing freeze effect on them...they will all drop at once now....yard will be covered and need raking. I am thinking on removing the 3 Oaks out front....love the shade but clean up is lots of work....plus 2 of them are leaning towards my house....2021 firewood they will make. Enjoy this fine day and smoke it while you got it!

a7e5458cea607d667ba468eab358dc2f.jpg

Good morning yall!
Turkey day is a coming! I be loving me some turkey naps!
Keef
I just use threaded brass compression fittings between the components so that each component can be thoroughly cleaned out after and before each use. I use hot vinegar water to clean everything and then rinse like crazy.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back