Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Cooked a whole chicken into soup today in the instant pot...ain’t it fun Rose?
About a 4 lb organically grown(not exactly sure what that entails)...an onion a few chopped carrots, some celery, garlic, various spices...about an hour including start’n stop pressure times and it’s pretty good if I say so...lunch!

Afternoon Bud Makers....that sounds good on a chilly day 2RE...you done gave me a craving . 6 out of 10 are out of the soil since this morning...gave them some light and awaiting the others...Blue Steel was the front runner....followed by PK...PK is always a strong starter. I have not harvest Ms Tuna Kush yet...was late getting in..had a customer that thought they had rented a handyman for the day. Its a bit early on 4:20 but I have some Bigfoot and UFO shows to catch up on...so bong appetite it is!

Re,i love the instant pot. i just put a half a ham hock and some chicken thighs in there, it is going to turn into chicken corn chowder... with cream... oh man. Yours was good I bet. Good for you too. Organic chicken is oh so much better it is worth selling your home to be able to afford one. Yes, HP, bong appetite, it is.

I don't know so much about organic chicken but have ya had one raised on fermented corn ?-- They say those Brahma and Jersey Giants get pretty big --Maybe 25 lbs -- If they get that big just eating chicken scratch wait till U see some raised on fermented corn ! -- Is fermented corn Organic ?- Not that I care just wondering ?

Blueberry Chocolate?-- There's something to this !--

I grew up eating chicken that was raised out back on corn and kitchen scraps...those chickens and rabbits were soma the tastiest meat I’ve eaten...amazing how much what you feed affects the flavor of the meat...I’d grow some myself if i had the room...

I raised some show chickens when I was young !-- White Rock meat CKNs !- I didn't win ! - but 13th outta 285 -- I did alright ?-I made the top 15 for the auction !-- Sold a pen of 5 for $50 each ! For a freshman in high school -- I was happy enough !--

RE - I'm looking for the Bat Cave - Gonna make sure there's room for a yard bird pen !-( and a still )-- 3 bedroom old farm house would be fine - One bedroom for bloom - one for veg and one to sleep in !-- There is also this travel trailer or as I like to call it -- Grow trailer #1-- - Where I'm looking is in the middle of nowhere !-- like maybe outside of Woodville Texas ?-or maybe not ?---Help me find something RE !-- 2 grow rooms and a CKN pen !-- Off any main road - I want a gate too or a place for one !--

Afternoon friends, down to two chickens here haven't had an egg in months now, I don't know why I feed the bastards.
What's up, I High...girls are looking nice three weeks in flower..
20200128_155747_001.jpg

I haven't taken him hunting. But I take him for walks off leash and he's a bird dog. Very natural instinct for him. He's not super gun shy. The loud noise bothers him some. The rottie is very gun shy. Great bird dog. But she ran away when I took her hunting. 3 days before she came home. I thought she was gone for good.

Evening. Harley hates guns. Long story and I won't g into it, he ain't a hunting dog anyway. Mrcane, your garden is looking very nice. Jeeps not done, the seam sealer in my floorboards takes 24 hours to dry so maybe tomorrow. Unfolded the carpet in a 30 degree garage, that was fun. Pre-molded carpet don't like the cold but it is gonna be nice when its done.

I'd like a mixed bunch of different kinds of chickens-- I been thinking about looking to see if I can find a place got like a mix and match of fertile eggs - I might want me some pheasant and some them little cornish hens --Some laying CKNs and some meat chickens -- Maybe a turkey or 2 - No ducks ! -- U need some more U find one those hens wanting to set on those eggs and raise a brood - Put a bunch of mixed fertile eggs under her and let her hatch them out -- They hatch she can be leading around all sorts sizes and shapes of babies-- even turkeys !

We on the same page Nick !-- but I never raised geese -- I don't know that I've ever ate goose ?- Things gotta serve more than one purpose !-- They are loud when disturbed !
Need a CKN house with a built in work room in it !-Where U have to go into the CKN pen to get to the CKN house where they roost and lay - Have a built in central room with a little still in it ! - Let the geese gaurd the still !--

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back