Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah but right now I would just like some sunshine.
kitchen window.jpg

The stalks on every one of my girlz are a lot thicker this grow than any previous grows. I haven't figured out why yet but this time I'm following the Fox Farm nute schedule where I didn't in the past. I guess that means they won't have trouble holding up big fat juicy resin filled buds. :)

What it make a thimble full per run ?-- Build U one like Gloman got !- Big ole pressure cooker-- some copper line - quart jar thump keg -- worm bucket - Ferment in 5 gallon buckets like i do with wine !-- Freeze a bunch of water ice off it before distilling so U can get what was 10 gallons of filtered mash into a 5 gallon still !- Probably get close to 2 gallons per run !- Then put it back in the still and cook off 10-12 % !-- 160 proof is easy !
Am I telling him right Gloman ?--

Good afternoon O.F.C ended up with a pretty nice day here in PNW.. Been lots of rain around but looks like we are going to have some sunshine for a while..:)
My little ones are Two weeks old and doing well. 3ea blackjack 3ea blue mystic
Nick nice stump on that root ball....20200207_151513_001.jpg

Pretty much! If you're distilling liquor.
I believe tho that this rig is for different purposes than liquor.
I used lots of glass way back when, then found ghetto glass to meet my needs better as it was disposable.

Then U put a char on some small chunks of white oak or other whiskey barrel making wood -- Get some wide mouth gallon jars with tight lids - put a couple fist sized chunks of the alligator charred wood in a wide mouth jug then fill it with shine - Put the lid on tight- Then Put the jugs in a warm place for a week - then put them in a cold place for a week -- That's one year of aging !-- How old U want this bourbon to be ?
Just teasing It's only for extraction - But a 20 year old bourbon ? -- U Ain't post to do this U know ?- I probably just read it in a book somewhere !-- Making liqour be against the law and U know I Ain't like that !

Last edited by a moderator:
I already have a still and setup for making liquor. I would need at least 5 gallons of alcohol wash to make that puppy work for drawing the alcohol off without burning up the final product.

That would be different then !-- but if U was gonna have a couple gallons of wash - I'd put it back into the still reduce it down to fit in a bowl - clean the still with some more shine then put it all in a bowl and cook the rest of the shine off low and slow !- RSO in the bowl - shine back in a bottle ! Same device to make shine and RSO !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back