Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning, you are very welcome here bubble. Cane, I guess the whole state must have lousy weather today. We have crazy wind and had a bit of rain yesterday. I think we had 40 mph winds.. sheesh.
Nick and Re, been thinking about you guys. Hope your well and doing good things.

I have been growing for yrs. The only Hermie i had was from some Bagseed.
I have turned on the lights in my growrooms many times during flowering for 5 or 10mins at a time a have never had an issue.
If you have a light leak that is constant and bright enough then yes im guessing you could cause some stress and possible Hermies,,but just to check on something in your growroom during flowering for a few minutes with lights on i cant see nor have i ever seen it cause a problem.

Good question, I use a small far red light in my grow as a flower initiator...it comes on just as the lights go out for about 15 minutes...supposed to signal the plants that it’s time to flower...don’t know if it helps or not but it only uses a few watts and was fun to make...it seems there is quite a bit of info on this available with a search...personally I don’t get too excited abo7t a bit of light during lights out...I mean these plants grow outside and the moon comes and goes...I have a string of white solar powered lights in my garden and they come on after dark and stay lit till the battery runs out...several hours I think but it doesn’t seem to cause any issues...I think as long as your not running the light for hours during lights out, you’ll be fine...but if you have a green headlight, use it....

Our little dog Jozi is having an issue today that we nor the vet can seem to figure out...about 4 hours ago she started pacing and circling and just generally acting weird...cannot sit still...pacing in circles back and forth up into my chair and back down...just generally confused like...it seems like this came up rather suddenly...we cannot figure what might have caused it...pretty sure she didn’t get into weed and this is completely different than that anyway, like she got some uppers or something but we don’t have any uppers...just gave her something from the vet to calm her down but it hasn’t yet...she acts almost like she’s hallucinating as she is looking all around, goes one way then the other...very strange behavior...

Our little dog Jozi is having an issue today that we nor the vet can seem to figure out...about 4 hours ago she started pacing and circling and just generally acting weird...cannot sit still...pacing in circles back and forth up into my chair and back down...just generally confused like...it seems like this came up rather suddenly...we cannot figure what might have caused it...pretty sure she didn’t get into weed and this is completely different than that anyway, like she got some uppers or something but we don’t have any uppers...just gave her something from the vet to calm her down but it hasn’t yet...she acts almost like she’s hallucinating as she is looking all around, goes one way then the other...very strange behavior...
Sorry to hear about your pup. I hope everything turns out ok

Sorry to hear that bro.ibtoo have pets so I know.

Good morning fellow stoners. RE, how is Jozi, man I hope she is ok. That is scary.
We are having cold dreary weather this week and I don't care, I seem to be lazy. I am going to pop a move any minute.. I hope. How are you burnin1? what you smoking? I am doing a little sour D this morning.
I hope all of your pot is good, your coffee hot and are healthy!

Zigggy--it is best to not go into the grow space at all when the lights are out. If Bubbletrouble only had a hermie once he is very very very lucky indeed. The fastest, easiest way to get hermies is if your plants are exposed to light during the dark period. I would not go into my grow space during dark with any color of light unless it was a dire emergency.

Yeah Hemp Goddess i guess i have been lucky i suppose. Just never had a Hermie problem except with bagseed. I personally have never seen lights cause problems unless it was a constant light leak during lights out. Seen it happen to a friend due to just that. A light leak that he didnt know he had untill it was to late.
But I agree,, its better not to go in your growroom any more then you have to,regardless of weather lights are on or off,,your taking chances with bugs or whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back