Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow day so I figured it would be a good time to tie some flies. Am completely out of Dusters. That is my favorite underwater fly. I tie them in Black, Pink, White and Green. This has been my go to fly in lakes for 30 years. Don't think anybody ties these using Ostrich at all any more. Fly fishermen now days haven't even heard of them. I actually tie several patterns from years ago that nobody ties or has heard of ....

Here is a pic....

IMG_20200809_143133592.jpg

I never had enough skill, imagination, or coordination to either tie flies or fish with them.

But back in The Olden Days, my Daddy taught me to tickle trout. I was 11, and there was a guy with creel, waders, fly-hat, yada, flipping a line in and out...

...Just as I got stone lucky and pulled out a really nice lunker from under an overhang rock. The guy stood there dumbfounded.

One of the very best fishing days of my life. 👌

Just thought of it: Daddy also taught me how to catch a squirrel with a pocketknife and a sassafras stick. I passed this on to my two sons, and my grandson Wolfie.

pray tell

good morning folks

in this world of uncertainty , there is always work , ants are always busy , they never take a vacation

sometimes I feel like an ant

i wish I had an answer to the worlds problems , mine don’t seem so big in comparison

i drink 5-10 cups of coffee a day , I’m on my second cup,so I better get busy

here is to a groovy day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back