Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Slow day so I figured it would be a good time to tie some flies. Am completely out of Dusters. That is my favorite underwater fly. I tie them in Black, Pink, White and Green. This has been my go to fly in lakes for 30 years. Don't think anybody ties these using Ostrich at all any more. Fly fishermen now days haven't even heard of them. I actually tie several patterns from years ago that nobody ties or has heard of ....

Here is a pic....

View attachment 263280

Would work great for smallmouth in my neighborhood

Image may contain: dog, text that says 'DOGS 2020 BECAUSE HUMANS SUCK'

UW, I used to bark squirrels when I was a young'un. If you shoot the branch just barely below their head while they're huggin' it. the concussion knocks 'em out long enough to pick 'em up by the tail and bat their heads against the tree. You don't want to hesitate 'cause if they wake up while you've got a hold of 'em, you'll need to count yer fingers.

While I am registered as a Distinguished Expert (that means both hands), I was never good enough to bark squirrels.

it cost 50c for a box of .22 LR's. If I did not gt 25 squirrels with a box, it was seen as failure. (We wuz poor.)

We were so poor, I remember my mama sending me over to the neighbor's one Thanksgiving to borrow the turkey for an hour

So... head shots if possibobble, otherwise whatever gets the little bastage in the pot.

uncle walt them rattlers down in texas will take the knife away from you, rob you then bite you a couple times. less then 30 min. to go then it's doobie time.
The biggest on earth are to be found in Northrin Floriduh. By far.

I saw a skin over a fireplace that I thought was a large gator. Nope. It was a Floriduh monster buzzer.

How long does it take you to see the mouse?

1597107379216.png
I only axe becuz I cannot find the dang picture of the 16 foot long rattler.

And I cannot find the pic because I am badly fried. And I am without the slightest pain thanks to to generous and wonderful folks here, who have enabled me to be in this condition despite my being shot, stabbed, blown up, run over, poisoned and insulted.

Apparently, I just suck at ducking in time. But here I yam, a coupla months from 80 (*gasp*) and the bastages still haven't managed to kill me.

Last edited:
My favorite squirrel gun was an over and under .22 on top and .410 under

hunted mostly in Oklahoma along Bird Creek and Candy Creek outside of Skiatook

now we had both red and grey squirrels with the gray being really hard to shoot because they moved in dashes , like a fast spider

whereas the reds were bigger and dumber , I could sit under an oak tree in the fall along the creek and be really quiet and then I’d here them feckers scrambling through the fall leaves

i could start calling them using my secret caller and them reds would pop their heads up between a fork in the tree and I would lay that .22 on them and usually had a good head shot

whereas those greys , if I saw one running through the trees , I could call them all day and they will not stop to see what the noise is , so , I lay down on them with that .410 and pick the shot out later

Anyone up for some outdoor activities....We hit 40 degrees Celsius again here today and this is getting abit ridiculous...I`ve been trying to quench my thirst all night and now I`m water logged....really bizarre as I just can`t seem to get enough water....Afgooey cross is something special for sure as it`s now going through it`s transformation and starting to sparkle and shine!....still have log on issues but it does let me in late at night....hope you all had a great day and take care n stay safe.

We once had a duck walk into our living room... he hung out for a day, found no owner to claim him so took him to work at the resort I managed.. He took to the dock like a champ, hung out with us for about 2wks then started attracting the chicks.. In another week he had gone back to the wild where he belonged....

now, picture my Asst Mgr driving him out to the resort.. he was 6ft 6" and rode a motorcycle too small for him..
the duck was in a back pack, with his head sticking out like watching over his shoulder the entire hour drive out..

Howard now Rules that area.... enjoy your day, just thought I'd give ya sumin to smile about...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back