Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Got a question for the Brain Trust. I figure out of the regulars, we've got a few hundred years on knowledge. I found this in an attic of an old house I renovated years ago. It was something I'd never seen before, pretty heavy, and tweaked my curiosity. I snagged it up and brought it home. I've done all the research I can find. The company that made it was from Chicago, and did a lot of work for the government. Any ideas?
View attachment 263384View attachment 263385View attachment 263386View attachment 263387
Found the company that made it.
https://www.revereelectric.com/History

Got a question for the Brain Trust. I figure out of the regulars, we've got a few hundred years on knowledge. I found this in an attic of an old house I renovated years ago. It was something I'd never seen before, pretty heavy, and tweaked my curiosity. I snagged it up and brought it home. I've done all the research I can find. The company that made it was from Chicago, and did a lot of work for the government. Any ideas?
View attachment 263384View attachment 263385View attachment 263386View attachment 263387
`
I believe it is an old boat running light. I saw one like that on one of those "dismantling crew " programs. It would go on the prow and only light forward.

`
I believe it is an old boat running light. I saw one like that on one of those "dismantling crew " programs. It would go on the prow and only light forward.
I believe it would have Brass parts if it is vintage marine lighting
The conduit looks to be steel and is clearly a wired unit and not gas , could have been exterior lighting for a gas station lot or similar outdoor lighting.
Revere made quite a few outdoor fixtures very heavy duty.
My dad had explosion proof fixtures in the basement (not sure where he got them) I always thought were cool , but I never got them before my sister had the BIG Yardsale.
Vintage Explosion Proof Lighting

Whoops almost forgot
What makes these explosion proof is that the light bulb is seal inside the outer glass with rubber o-ring (like mason jar glass lids use) then the outer glass is screwed down into the lower fixture which is threaded to accept the glass threads , thus sealing in the bulb and fire if it decides to pop.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning brothers and sisters. Peace, love, beads, bells, and incense to all you groovy freaks. Dig it, right on, and power to the people!

Hippie, with the info Mr. Bubble has came up with, I'd say your best bet would be to send the company an email with a pic in it, as it looks like they're still in business.

had lights like that mounted on top of the terminals which had parking decks at the houston inconlonal airport. they shined the light to the parking area only. we used to get stoned and stand up there watching the planes.

had lights like that mounted on top of the terminals which had parking decks at the houston inconlonal airport. they shined the light to the parking area only. we used to get stoned and stand up there watching the planes.
I was thinking what about just a sign or billboard on side of roadway , they are one directional and can be moved and bolted into an angled position up or down.
Might even be something from a Gas station (petroliana), if so they might be worth money
Need to talk to Frank and mike from American Pickers
Image result for lighted billboard
1597354255873.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back