Home of the Old Fart's Club part 2

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Moning.

@Billy Bagseed ...... Sorry your friends have left. Judging by your pics tho.....you are in the right place!!!

Sure would be nice if it cooled down a bit today. Have to say I look forward to summer every year but by the time Sept rolls around I am ready for fall.

Gotta go make the rounds.
That bunch held my hand through my first grow earlier this year. OUTSTANDING(!) tips and information from each and every one. I've looked back over the thread trying to figure out what and when ... but the truth is I'm 69 and growing my own for the first time. My political views are private; you're welcome to yours.
Ms. Panama and Lady Crescendo are my only second run and I made about HALF the mistakes I made on run #1 because of the help and advice I received HERE. Run #3 is sprouts and seedlings and I'll make more mistakes with them. I'm one of those guys who doesn't just want to learn how to do it I want to learn how to do it RIGHT.
So I may be asking for help and advice from you good folks along the way if you don't mind.

#in my lane.jpg

Billy we will be glad to help. 69 huh? Me to. I will be 70 next month.....born in 50.

You will find the place much the same as before. All growers and breeders on here. Lots, like you are here for information and we are here to help.

Stick around and let us prove it to you.

Pics of run # 3 of all bagseed. I have fem seed and more fem seeds on the way but this run will be bagseed Original Gangster, Purple Dream, and Gorilla Cookies(if I can get one lady from two only seedlings). Here in Colorado I can grow six plants at the same time but only three may be blooming. My plan is to take one of each to bloom. Here's the next batch ....
IMG_6859.JPG

I'm also raising Purple Thai BASIL. Can't find it out here on the Western Slope and I make my own phở soooo

Billy we will be glad to help. 69 huh? Me to. I will be 70 next month.....born in 50.

You will find the place much the same as before. All growers and breeders on here. Lots, like you are here for information and we are here to help.

Stick around and let us prove it to you.

69 completed laps around ol' Sol as of YESTERDAY, as a matter of fact, and Thanks for the invite. I'm trying to stay legal here with my grows and I"m a better neighbor than State Farm, I garntee.
Seizures!

What part of Colo....I live in the foot hills above Denver.

What happens if they are all males? When starting from seeds. I grow large enough to take cuts from each, get them rooted and then flip the big ones hoping for females. They will show sex in two to 3 weeks in and cull the males. Then I go back and cull the cuts from the males. Now I have a strain going for as long as I want to keep it.

What part of Colo....I live in the foot hills above Denver.

What happens if they are all males? When starting from seeds. I grow large enough to take cuts from each, get them rooted and then flip the big ones hoping for females. They will show sex in two to 3 weeks in and cull the males. Then I go back and cull the cuts from the males. Now I have a strain going for as long as I want to keep it.

G.J., Orchard Mesa here. Yeah with the Crescendo blooming now I had four seed that went to veg - THREE were males. maybe all of these will be pointy headed 'snips and snails' as well. That's why I start with 3 of each. I know I know. SOMEWHERE down the line I'll go hydro I'm sure. But LEARNING ... I want all the knowledge I can get. Nah'me? My first batch of the Bob Saget I let 3 males and 3 females BLOOM together for 11 days before I realized they were males. GUFFAW! THAT ... was a learning experience, lemmee tell ya'. heh heh

My next door neighbor's family is in the biz and has offered clones - and I 'preshate'che for your offer, too. I think I'll stick to coco for the next few runs anyway - I have all this equipment, you see. heh BUT ... the idea of finding, maybe creating, my own personal favorite everyday strain and keeping that gentle Lady alive and producing clones in perpetuity is a goal.

Why are you there......best part of Colo to live in. I wish I lived up by Hotchiss. Best fishing in the state and not near as many people. The front range is nothing more than a traffic jam here. You are lucky. If it wasn't for my daughter I would be living there now. I had a cabin and owned condos in Hot Sulphur Springs for 20 years was gonna retire there. However, much to cold there. I can't take that kind of weather anymore. So, I am stuck in the rat race.

Why are you there......best part of Colo to live in. I wish I lived up by Hotchiss. Best fishing in the state and not near as many people. The front range is nothing more than a traffic jam here. You are lucky. If it wasn't for my daughter I would be living there now. I had a cabin and owned condos in Hot Sulphur Springs for 20 years was gonna retire there. However, much to cold there. I can't take that kind of weather anymore. So, I am stuck in the rat race.

I left everyone and everything in 'the 615' last March to re-retire out here. Higher Ground, I garn'tee. The weather here in the Grand Valley is perfect (for me) year round and of course you know about the Grand Mesa and all the forests around here. I'm by myself and I don't know anyone except my immediate neighbors. no stress no strain no wants no warrants. heh heh Hakuna Matata.
I made it up LoDo way last fall to watch the Rockies and the Broncos on the same weekend so I'm hip to what yer sayin' about the traffic and good luck with that. My plans for the future include learning how to grow dope properly(they HATE it in the dispensaries when you call it dope or reefer, don't they?) so I have enough to share with fellow VETS in the area. I've heard of co-ops buuuut not out HERE so maybe someone should start one, and to learn how to fly fish. Growed up in the southeast so deep sea to flippin' stick I can handle efficiently. I've never held a fly rod. So. Growin' my own, fishin' and mindin' my own bidness is my new order of business.
I have very little but what little I have is purdy dam gud. I have low expectations so Life IS Grand. hagd all

Drifting, cataract surgery is really a simple procedure. The actual surgery takes only 5 minutes. You spend most of the time in prep and recovery. I have had one done and would like to get the other done but the cataract won't get bad enough for the ins co to pay for it. You won't believe how well you can see. Almost instantly!! You will be floating around like a bird in no time......

tenor.gif

Welcome back Billy. Hope you have some fun.
By the way,do you know who Oat Willie is,,just curious?

HA! Oat Willie is an alter 'ego' and who can forget "Onward through the fog" on yer old Power Hitter. heh passwerd snafu
Say Drifting ... my Dad is 92 and had his cataract surgery at 70. He still talks about how well his "Cadillac Eyes" work. haha
good luck and props to the missus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back