Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I`m 67 and learning the lessons of life is a never ending education.

you got that right . Good morning . just saw weather .......heat wave coming.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Ugh!-- stuff hurts !-- I hate it when life teaches me lesson !-- Life just blind sided me with those spider mites and I coulda lost my whole grow ! Lesson Learned !-- Banged the plants up some but I kilt the mites -- bugs breath thru their skin and a film of soapy water will suffacate them- I didn't mess around with trying to stay some soapy water or chemicals on the exposed surfaces -- The Widow went scuba diving in soapy water !-- What is the next lesson is life is gonna teach me about growing ? I dealt with white slime and it won't happen again !-- Won't be no more bugs ! I'm about to double down !

Morning O.F.C. !-- Ugh!-- stuff hurts !-- I hate it when life teaches me lesson !-- Life just blind sided me with those spider mites and I coulda lost my whole grow ! Lesson Learned !-- Banged the plants up some but I kilt the mites -- bugs breath thru their skin and a film of soapy water will suffacate them- I didn't mess around with trying to stay some soapy water or chemicals on the exposed surfaces -- The Widow went scuba diving in soapy water !-- What is the next lesson is life is gonna teach me about growing ? I dealt with white slime and it won't happen again !-- Won't be no more bugs ! I'm about to double down !
keef the sns214 i think i got that right is rosemary oil and water. i went to wally world and got the scented oil but mine has mint in it too. stuff worked great. i used 1/4 teaspoon to a 32oz spray bottle.

Thanks Giggy - I'll try that rosemary oil -- something to prevent an infestation from starting - I plan to move my clone factory/ veg. area and add 2 more boxes to bloom so I can have a square meter (2 boxes) to harvest every 2 weeks. -- get T.E. sexed and into the rotation as soon as I can ! Won't be long before I'll have the weed to start doing extractions - Looking forward to smoking "Widow Juice" in my e-cig !

Morning OFC. Coffee is brewing. A little chem 91 and hash this morning. Popping more beans. I had this pack of beans for 8 years or so and its been burning a hole in my pocket all that time. They're from Hot House Flowers...his double wreck. It's an e-32 Arcata cut of trainwreck. I gave some of my heavy hitters to my son for his medicine. He's popping William's Wonder, Dank Sinatra, four corners, and LA Confidential. It looks like I am growing sativas and my son indicas.

umbra, you ever have that grow-off between father and son?
hehe family fun :48:

Hope his head is feeling better today, migraines suck the life out of you. (pain in general)

"28F and Haze" is the weather right now.... don't mind if I do! (too bad I have no Haze's to enjoy)

edit:
good luck Keef!
I'm only a little over a year into my growing journey but I've been introduced to the BORG already... NOT friendly!

Good morning bozzo, giggy, keef and the rest of the OFC. Late to wake and bake (again) cause I been shopping, not buying, shopping. Later. Peace.

I been putting this off but I'm gonna pick up some sugar and yeast today and start some mash !-- Maybe I should try some denatured alcohol before becoming a moonshiner -- methonol should come off first since it has a lower boiling point !-- I can't pay $20 a fifth for Everclear if I need a gal. at a time !

Hippie's mash recipe: Two pounds of sugar, two pounds of either cracked corn or corn meal, and a packet of yeast in a five gallon carboy filled with warm water. After a few weeks when the bubbles stop, pour in more sugar. After she stops the next time, pour off the liquid, refill with warm water and two more pounds of sugar, repeat as necessary. Cracked corn will work for four or five batches. If you don't wait until there's enough alcohol in the vat to kill off the yeast, you won't need to add any. There will be plenty left in the wet corn mash.

Thanks Hippie !-- been slapping my mind around thinking about recovery and reuse of the alcohol - drying under vacuum to remove it all !-- I built a concrete screed in the 70 's that changed the industry !-- I can do this !-- -- Butane scares me ya'll !-- quess I gotta build a still whether I use it to recover alcohol off the extraction or making shine !-- My goal is 500 grams per sq.meter every 2 weeks so I need an easy system to use over and over again ! Come on brain trust !-- this ain''t just for me but for anyone in the O.F.C. who wants to do extracts !-- We need a machine !

C.E.O. shut down my plans to bring in Williams Wonder or any other variety !-- She say before I spend another $100 on seed -- Tranquil Elephantizer got to be better than my Widow ! She says if it's not then I got what I need ! I conceded but come income tax time I get 2 more LEDs ! It's a deal I can live with !

That brickweed I planted out back I planted in early December is thriving -- it hit 37 last night !-- They have shown no sign of going into bloom !-- Does this mean I could put me a killer sativa out there as early as December for a fall harvest ! That thing would be big as a tree !

Can I clone a sprig of rosemary from the grocery store ? I'll let U know the answer to that question ! Thinking about putting a romemary clone in each box !

That brickweed I planted out back I planted in early December is thriving -- it hit 37 last night !-- They have shown no sign of going into bloom !-- Does this mean I could put me a killer sativa out there as early as December for a fall harvest ! That thing would be big as a tree !

i think they would start to flower and then reveg on you. i have made the mistake of early veg in the house to go outside, they immediately went to flower and in june they revegged on me. lets just say it was bad.

Can I clone a sprig of rosemary from the grocery store ? I'll let U know the answer to that question ! Thinking about putting a rosemary clone in each box !

now that is a thought there. i bet rosemary and garlic would grow good in your room with your plants. i bet if you look around there are other companion plants that would help with pest. i have thought about it, but that is as far as it went.

umbra did you ever run across any piney strains like we talked about? i have found that texada timewarp has been around since the late 70's, just not sure if that is it or not. i know timewarp and purple pine berry cross makes pinewarp. it supposed to be big with a yield of up to 3 pounds. don't you know that one is piney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back