Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Good morning giggy. I`ll have a cup with ya. Today belongs to my wife as it is the day of her birth.

Morning O.F.C. !-- Keef reporting for duty !-- Hippy - I got good bugs growing in my boxes I don't want to kill them with peroxide !-- I use some stuff called Hydroguard that does the same thing !-- If I can hit my goal of 500 grams per sq. yard/meter - I'll be just fine ! 2 harvest a.month -- I'll get by ! -- The beast of a White is nice but not the plant I need ! -- but I can see the light at the end of the tunnel !- I can do it !-- This Tranquil Elephantizer might be the plant I'm looking for !-- if not I got Williams Wonder coming up behind it !-- The Glomans Strawberry Rhino and Umbra's Blueberry Blast be there too - Growing along side my White Elephant !-- I'll find the sweet spot !-- Just because I don't grow hydro or in dirt don't mean I can't !- If I want to grow a Scrog - I got friends teach me all I need to know !-- I master Aero - everything else is pretty much down hill !-

That white slime was a long time ago and directly related to res. Temp !- I stay below 80 and no problem !-- it's the war with spidermites I fight now !- they gone for now but they be back for another round !-- I be waiting !-- Sooner or later I will have dealt with all the disasters that happen to weed pharmers and be growing some legendary Super Crops !- Hippy plant limits is a communist plot screw'm !

Morning, Old Farts. Yoop, say Happy Birthday to my sister for me!

I'd say that spider mites haven't shown up in any of my grows, but that would be asking them to the party, so I won't.:)

Morning OFC. I've seen the iron hash oil tech before. Multifarious posted a bunch of pix at another site. Probably something on YouTube about it, lol.
My son and I were talking about gorilla glue #4 and how it is all the rage right now at the clubs out here. I did get some seeds from Exotic Genetix but wanted to know what all the excitement is about. So my son went and bought some. Wow it was tasty, very up high. Bag appeal was excellent. Pricing was typical out here for the best bud around at $50 for an 1/8.

Umbra I'll watching for pics !-- I got one - maybe 2 of your Blueberry Blast out of 4 to germ so far but it's still early !- So far nothing out of the 4 Black Rose cross - but I have high hopes !- The Williams Wonder are popping-- started them a couple days before the others-- got 3 out of 4 !- One of my T.E. Widow cross seed has opened and it looks like another will !-- I have one Strawberry Rhino so far too !-- RWS has been after me to grow some speedy weed - is this Gorilla Glue #4 what she wants ? Cause my personal goal is most potent weed I can grow !- I got a good start !

Morning OFC! GG4 is awesome btw. Great strain to grow..easy nice yield and finished fairly quick. Think I've got a pic of it finished in the jar.

And yes there is a ton a videos on how to make the rosin. Few tips...Try to find a 2" iron..most of them are 1" making it harder to work with. If you have the 1" iron you're going to have to break the nug down to about .3 pieces and squish them one at a time. Make sure you use parchment paper (NOT WAX PAPER) squish the buds as hard as u can for 3-4 seconds max. The lower the temp you use the harder you'll have to squeeze them and the less you'll get but the high temp equals tackier lower quality oil that is hard to work with. I like 300*f for 3-4 seconds...but this varies depending on how dry/resinous the bud is. dryer = lower temps. If your iron doesnt have a digital temp read on it just start on low..another things is that yield seems to be strain specific..and its hard to tell just by looking at the bud if it will yield. I smashed very "icy" looking strains and yielded low..but then i smash something that doesnt look very resinous and get alot..so your results will vary.

Wish I had access to stuff like that !- Grow it !- or smoke brickweed !- there is no other choice !-- Get caught with as little as a roach or dirty pipe - U go to jail !-- They have a special task force to track down growers like me !- I wouldn't dare move anything around here !- One day I be free too !

Let's say I got a 2 hair iron -and some parchment paper -- would I fold the bud in parchment paper or just use it to catch the oil with the bud only between the iron ! Would someone just come straight out and tell ole Brain Damaged here how to do this !-- I might not be able to bust concrete with my face but I can still follow simple directions !

O.K. Buckwheat !-- but I don't got no blow torch pipe !-What's a brother to do ? Don't tell Giggy about this - he'll make a machine !--

Keef it takes a bunch of practice to get it right, but when it's right it's by far the cleanest dabs you can make. The trick is two fold, heat and pressure between 290f and 300f is a good spot to start. If you can get good pressure and the right temp it takes three to four seconds to get a dab. Select the bud, fold parchment paper in half and put bud in crease, place between hot press and press out for three to four seconds, then open the paper and take a razor blade to scrap it all into a dab. Like he said it is real strain specific, some strains do well others do not. Too much heat and you get a hot sticky blob that's harsh. too cool and you wont get all of the bud, same with pressure too much and you will vape some of the dab off, too light and you just wont get much. Bear in mind, you will not get a bunch, but what you get will be clean and strong!

Apparently my son mentioned a few things we are doing to the club owner that he got the GG#4 from. Looks like we have a fan of our work, lol. He sent me an email asking specifics about the grow and my breeding. NorCalHal has someone who gave him a 10 oz gold bar, just to get on his list. I'm not saying I need a gold bar to deal with someone, but its nice to have a fan.

That sounds really great Umbra, it is always nice to be recognized for your hard work and your contributions to the hemp culture itself. Congratz man :)

I had a feeling that you would find a fit out there Umbra.
Hippie, there was a ton of roots in that sassafras, It should come back. but if not I have more around here .It is everywhere on my road. It's them deer probably.
Keef there is a bunch of u tube video's on making it.

10 -4 -- already to a look and got some parchment paper and already burned myself !- taking a break !- still don't have no blowtorch pipe !-- sure don't get much !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back