Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Umbra that didn't work out like I planned !--Everybody don't know everything !--I was hoping U would see it as a teaching moments and enlighten us !-- and U say Oh yeah I know him !-- Come on and break it down for us !--I've got a hard copy of one of his books coming and one by Clarke!--Got high and forgot which one !--Seems there's some info a pot farmer should know up in there !--Might just be step by step polyploid instructions! --

I've always grown DWC inside, dirt outside. Rather simple and cheap if you do it right. In my sealed grow room, the tank is hooked up to a hose that runs through the wall into another tank. That's where I test the PH and PPMS, do water changes, etc. The pump and air stone are in the remote tank. I only go into the grow room once a week to tuck down buds that have grown through the screen (SCROG). Once the screen is filled to my liking, I don't go in until I need to see the color of the trichomes just before harvest. No bugs allowed.

Just to be clear, bugs are everywhere and they are in every type of grow...hydro or soil. My experience would suggest that bugs are attracted by plants that are in distress. Kind of like wolves looking for the young or weak to pick on. Cull them early

I've only got one of Ed's books (unautographed). I still get a chuckle where he claims that 24 hour a day light will kill a marijuana plant. Guess all mine were zombies.

Umbra that didn't work out like I planned !--Everybody don't know everything !--I was hoping U would see it as a teaching moments and enlighten us !-- and U say Oh yeah I know him !-- Come on and break it down for us !--I've got a hard copy of one of his books coming and one by Clarke!--Got high and forgot which one !--Seems there's some info a pot farmer should know up in there !--Might just be step by step polyploid instructions! --
I'm friends with him of Facebook. You could just ask him yourself about stuff. See if he has an email account and you can talk or something. So what I'm trying to tell you Keef, he's just a guy...who likes to grow weed. You can put him on a pedestal if ya want...but he's just like you.

Just to be clear, bugs are everywhere and they are in every type of grow...hydro or soil. My experience would suggest that bugs are attracted by plants that are in distress. Kind of like wolves looking for the young or weak to pick on. Cull them early
Sorry about your luck, but I've never had them inside my flower room. Had those blasted gnats in the veg room, but nothing ever in the flower room.

I am quite meticulous when it comes to the room, though. Sanitized like you do, but I also don't enter unless I'm fresh out of the shower and wearing clean clothes. If I've been outside, I don't even go in the veg area.

I've only got one of Ed's books (unautographed). I still get a chuckle where he claims that 24 hour a day light will kill a marijuana plant. Guess all mine were zombies.
Funny how what we know today has changed over the years

I never had them in NJ...never. So for me it was an eye opener. I see out here it is the single most important aspect of being successful or not. There are many obstacles along the way, but if you can't get passed this...you will not be successful in Cali

Sorry about your luck, but I've never had them inside my flower room. Had those blasted gnats in the veg room, but nothing ever in the flower room.

I am quite meticulous when it comes to the room, though. Sanitized like you do, but I also don't enter unless I'm fresh out of the shower and wearing clean clothes. If I've been outside, I don't even go in the veg area.
It doesn't help having 3 large outside dogs either

Thanks for the info Umbra. I recently made a plan for rotating several different miticides every 3 days, but thought it might be overkill. I agree about the weak plants being their favorite meal. I've had trouble convincing Keef to throw them out, but he's coming around. Threw out 3 or 4 Tranquil Elephants, which really hurt. But, it's the best option.

Those who don't know the past are doomed to repeat it in the future !-- Those old book are where we came from !-- What was that big one I used to have --Something about Recreational Pot !--Lots of good stuff in those old books !-- I don't put those guys on a pedestal but they were pioneers! --

I see this Liquid Weed revolution coming and when it hits Texas I want to be cocked and ready !-- If I got a few bugs on the bud -I'll extract the THC right out they bellies !--

Man, you guys are chatty..went to doc this morning..another one on thursday..

WH, that was kraven! He already apologized...just don't think it was me in the morgue please.

U can't look at old technology and stuff and think it just a bunch of old technology that has out lived it day and is of no use in the modern world !--
An example !--At the end of the Civil War this Doctor named Gatlin invented a new type gun but the war ended and nothing much ever come of it !--A few decades ago some wild man took the handle off and put an electric motor on it !--We got a warplanes called the A-10 --Warthog !-- Built around on of them electric Gatlin guns that is the terror of the battle field !--Ain't old and outdated about that technogy anymore !-- Makes U wonder what else has been overlooked !

Rose, I for one don't want to picture you in a morgue, that hurts my heart to think about that.

Some of U have heard me rant about my " Wet Heat Engine" --Trolling threw old technology one day I ran across something called a steam torpedo engine from the end of World War 1 --Obsolete technology !--- Applying modern material and a computerized control system --There's a fair chance I could meet modern standards or beat them !-- A one ton torpedo with one of these engines malfunctioned and leaped close to 50 feet out the water !--I just want to put one on a 500 lb personal water craft and make it scream !--That be my R&D swan song ! My one finger salute to the world !--Conform ? -- Nope --I have something called --What was it ? --Cognitive Freedom ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back