Home of the Old Fart's Club

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Some new blood joined our farmily while I was out gettin` stoned. :welcome: Fiction, think you gonna like here.

No when i used to run air stones i ran them 24/7 but with a bigger rez you can flume and its tons quieter and works tons better than air stones which do a poor job getting DO into the water. With that being said, you don't have enough depth for it to really be effective. So air stones are your only option and they work well enough to get the job done.

Hiya's Rose :)

Fiction, an excellent story. Gratz on the cover the girls look good. I'm laying into some ChemD gifted to be by a friend. Hope your evening goes well brother.

Keef why on earth you want to freeze your plants in the last week? You trying to get some color to them ?

Keef, the best way to get DO in water is to flume, put a small pump facing up and run it 15 mins every hour. Look up fluming it's whats done in large aquariums to oxygenate the water.

Thanks Kraven! I love the chem ! Big fan of Chem4...its used in all my favorite strains. Im growing a chem cross at the moment. Love that funk..
Keep an eye out for my friends seed company topdawg seeds...he'll be dropping the some legendary **** soon. alot of chem crosses.

I figure with the spray splashing around in there and a constant air exchange via the bubbler while the roots are dangling in the box they should get enough 02-- But - would an 02 concentrator be beneficial?

keef my diesel and a couple of bagseed plants turned last winter on me, when my temps got low. but i don't want to go through that again. i have heard of people placing their fresh cut bud in the fridge over night and it turn for them. just remember not all of them will turn, i had 17 to 19 plants at the time the temps got so low, but only 4 turned..

Kraven you run aero? does your water get hot? I ran an aero table a few years ago and it was a nightmare..but the thing was huge..the pump was loud and the water would heat up quickly. do u have problems with heat?

~smiles~ I'm in a soil less mix now called Berger BM-7. I ran some DWC grows in totes. I'm getting ready to buy a 12 site ebb/grow system w/ a 55 gal res. I'm gonna build an ATO for the res so I don't have to do top offs and that's what I'm gonna roll with...oh I'll use coco chunk for the medium. Keef runs aero, I have never attempted that... but it does seem the water could get warm quickly.

Fiction !- Aero would be me !-- pics on page 386 !-- I run about 10 gals.in the boxes and the pump is filtered so no plugged sprayers !- I 'm just recovering from finding out the hard way how important Cal/Mag is when U switch to RO water !-- temp runs below 80 -- more water can absorb more heat so I added to the volume to reduce heat !- We good except as Rose pointed out - I got no big plants !- I root out clones to about 8 inches and then off to bloom !- We dialing it in !- requires the right variety too !

been away...Keef just put ice cubes in the aero boxes, if they predisposed to turning purple you will know

My bad keef! i got mixed up. Baked at the moment. I just checked out the pics. Thats an awesome setup..do u run the pumps constantly or are they on timers?

I think plants pretty much stop growing under 60 degrees. They don't die but they do just sit there. Maybe try 60s and see what happens.
I'll let ya know. It was a whopping 60 degrees here this morning. Got up to a really nice 69.

Some of the bud pics I've seen looked down right beautiful, but I don't really care if it looks like a worm ridden dog turd as long as it slaps me silly.:)

I was hoping for some in put on that temp Rose !-- 60's would be much easier to do -- I done this before when I was fighting white slime ! !--
Add H2O2 to your res daily and the white slime will be a bad memory.

Fiction, glad you joined the fray. Glad to see another SCROGer here. I've got to do some research on that curling iron stuff. I've got a friend that I set up in a grow and he sells his weed and buys wax!

Yoop, fixed my computer problem. Popped the battery out, blew on the contacts, slapped it back in, and SHAZAM. Friggin' Magic.

Bozzo, something ate my sassafras! It was either the damn whistle pigs or the four deer that are making my entire yard their home. I hope the roots took hold before they ate the tops.

The rest of you Old Farts: Been busy as a cat covering excrement. I get a chance to catch up now and then, but I miss yacking with yas. I even got busy and forgot to get high one day this week, but I can't remember which one as I'm stoned to the bone right now.

Hippy I got time to play !- You'd just turn it all into bubble anyway !-- It's a work in progress Fiction !- I got the pumps on timers - 15 minutes on - 15 off with A bubbler running 24/7 !-- It's a pretty cheap system to build-- drill those 2 inch holes in the lid with A doorknob drill -- glue the pump to a tile and cut the PVC spray manifold to size - microsprayer drill bit comes with sprayers !- caulk the inside of the lid and done !- something happens it is to only one box !-- run a group of about 15 plants per box !- Run that pump all the time she would get hot !--

If you ever try SCROG, you'll throw rocks at aero. Bigger buds, more weight, slower turnover but the volume more than makes up for it. If you do it right, you can get as much off of four plants than you do out of two of your boxes. In the state you're in, it's plant count that will earn you the most time.

Our minds do run in the same direction, though. My sister in law's brother went into a wrinkle farm and left behind two huge O2 tanks. Thinking seriously of liberating them in the name of the revolution. The hydrogen peroxide helps keep the roots oxygenated, but the bubbler on O2 wouldn't hurt, either. My res tank is remote from the actual grow room (sealed for CO2), so I'm not worried about one overloading the other.

If I get anything out of the outside grow this year, it is all going for bubble. I've got leftover buds by the jar from grows two years ago and haven't touched last year's harvest. Might steal the kid's curling iron and give Fiction's trick a try.

Old farts, we got a new old fart gonna teach us about the rosin technique. Cool, sounds interesting. When does school start ? Think the wife`s got a hair whatever to contribute to the effort.
The hydrogen peroxide works in a humidifier too.

Good morning OFC. I see ya`ll sleeping in this morning. So, get a cup of coffee and a bowl of medicinal herb and we gonna have a "wake and bake" session in Curmudgeonland.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back