Homedepote T5 Fixture & lights Bulbs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Flyinghigh

Grow Pretty Flowers
Reaction score
Hi everyone how it Growing.? Growing Good Here None ending supply of MMJ for now..

Just wanted to know about Homedepot T5 light bulbs & Fixture. Are they worth the value as those in Grow shops.?

Here the Fixture & Light bulb I was thinking about ordering.

hxxp://www.homedepot.com/p/ViaVolt-4-ft-4-Bulb-T5-High-Output-Copper-Fluorescent-Grow-Light-Fixture-V44/203012866

hxxp://www.homedepot.com/p/ViaVolt-4-ft-T5-865-High-Output-Fluorescent-Grow-Light-Replacement-Bulb-6500K-VT54B/203124383

Thanks
Flyinghigh

It seems to be alright. Remember to get the correct K temp bulbs for it....

7greeneyes said:
It seems to be alright. Remember to get the correct K temp bulbs for it....

I think I did and all will be here next week.

I like ur avatar while on my phone, look like a azz with dong.. lol
Thank you.

Looks good to me. Looks kinda like mine,,except mine is an 4ft,,,8 bulb System,,,40,000 lums

WeedHopper said:
Looks good to me. Looks kinda like mine,,except mine is an 4ft,,,8 bulb System,,,40,000 lums

Thanks weed hopper this will make a 8 bulb veggie systems and the one I have is way better then 400 watt mh that gets Hot when in use.

I want to know if the flowering t5 bulbs r good to flowering.?
Trying to cut out my 1000 watt. System.!

You are not going to get nearly the yield from T5s that you get from your 1000W HPS. In addition, it is going to take about 1600W of T5 light to equal the lumens from a 1000W HPS and they will have far less penetrating power than the HPS. Why are you wanting to get away from the HPS?

Like THG said. HPS will give you a much better Lum per Watt ratio then T5s. I have flowered with T5s with 2700K bulbs,,got some decent Bud,,but would have done much better with HPS. I just didnt have an HPS system at the time.

To get away from the heat from the 1000 watt hps as summer comes..
But that ok I'll keep the 1000 watt burning 12/12...
Just get get me another t5 for veggie & cloning I am set.

Right on. Will be watching.

Flyinghigh said:
To get away from the heat from the 1000 watt hps as summer comes..
But that ok I'll keep the 1000 watt burning 12/12...
Just get get me another t5 for veggie & cloning I am set.

That is probably the better decision. If you want less heat, I would go to a smaller HPS rather than using T5s for flowering. Those T5s can get warm when you get a chunk of them together, too.

The T5s that you can buy locally at the home improvement stores typically are not the High Output T5s as they are half the wattage. If you buy a T5 fixture, you're better off and more cost efficient to buy the "Grow Light Fixtures" from the online hydro stores. You will get twice the light output in the same space. With the standard T5s, you would need twice as many, which would cause you to have more heat. :)

Hush those are the HOT5s hes talking about,,I just dont know the quality.

That why I am asking, if they was worth the value of a price and worth buying..
I bought a t5 from a thift store and bought some veggie t5 bulbs from a hydro shop and it works great, working on my 2 veggie grow with these lights.

As long as the bulbs are the right spectrum.

I have four 8 bank t5s from the depot and they have all worked great.

but the switches on the higher end fixtures are handy like on my smaller 4 bank.

I dont see it being worth the extra money tho, the cheaper fixtures are fine! :)

NO there not worth it if you want some good ones look at sunblaster would guarantee 3 of them 4 foot sunblaster Ho's @ 24 watts a piece 72 watts total would kill the home depot 200+ watt set up

The specs on the HD T5 high output are the same as T5s from hydro places--54W with a 5000 lumen output. I don't believe that the Sunblaster (or any other name brand) is going to give you any better light, lumen per lumen and watt per watt.

Whats wrong w the cheaper fixtures?

Ime vegging does not need anything special as far as reflectors go. One 4 foot 8 bank t5 is plenty for alot of clones...

something in particular?

Maybe its just my area but all the fixtures at the HD or Lowes is fewer bulbs, and all lower wattage. All of the 4' bulbs and fixtures I've seen were 32w as opposed to 54w and put out far less lumens. For initial cloning it should be fine but for vegging, I want strong lighting.

As long it is t5 54 watt pre bulb and spectrum is for veggi I think it will be good.
Like I said I picked up a t5 54 watt fixture at thrift store and got veggie bulb from a hydro shop and all is fine..

If I get 2- 600 watt switchable system how big can the room be for them.??

I used them Depot fixtures when i was cloneing placed trays under them as well had trays under the sunblasters after 2 weeks the clones under sun blasters were rooted the Home Depot ones were week behind so my conclusion is yes they will work but not as effcient growth rates even tho there the same spectrum and wattage may not be true???
Ballest issues possibly.... really would like to see watt meter comparison maybe that 54 watt Home depot is 45 watts or even less who knows right ????? but even in veg Home depot fixtures weren't comparable to sun blasters.

That's my story and i am sticking with it lol to me Growth rates is important for efficiency period

Could it be the homedepot fixtures are massed produced and made in China not sure if sunblaster is i would assume made In USA

Latest posts

Back