Hopeful Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigweedo

Reaction score
Whats up everyone I am growing 5 plants from bagseed and I hope things go well. They have been out of the ground for 2 days now and are looking pretty good. I noticed two of them were growing out of the rockwool cylinders so I decided to pick up some pots, soil, and perlite. I couldn't find vermiculite for some reason, I went to lowes, home depot, and wal-mart. They must have been out at all the stores, but do you guys think it is ok if I add 2/3's jiffy mix seed starter and 1/3 perlite I will be alright? Does vermiculite really make that big of a difference?
Thanks,
Bigweedo
p.s. ill start putting pics up and make it a journal when I get back from a trip in two days!

Perlite is the big one imo.... vermiculite holds moisture... which i find ground does well on its own.. perlite allows the soil to hold more air. Which is important for the roots.

Thanks for the reply. I transplanted them today and I hope i put enough perlite in! I put in a nice handful per pot. Ill get some pics up and running when I get back to my grow spot.
Thanks again,
Bigweedo

Latest posts

Back