Hortilux T5 w/ UV rays

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am sure you will bang them out.

Their sales ploy just grates me.

I bought the high cost Bad boy HO's. They exploded in about 7 months.

Well Orange do you still believe these are the cats ace?

I'm intrested in these still would love to hear some feed back.

When adding UV make sure the bulb is giving you UVb. UVb during the last couple weeks of flower will help produce higher % of THC. During Vegg and early flower has no positive affects.
Higher levels of UVb creates stress. One of the ways the plant protects its reproductive areas is to produce more THC in the trichs to help reflect the harmfull rays away.
You are trying to mimic the intense light during peak hours of daylight, which have the most UVb levels. But DON'T over do it!!! The last two weeks of flower I give mine 4 total hours during the middle of the 12 hour cycle in 2 hour segments.
Or, for 12 hours, 3off+2on+2off+2on+3off.
Peace, Superman

PS> The bulbs I use are T5 HO with 75% UVb and 25% UVa. They came from HTG supply for around 28 bucks each.

I saw the sales display for these at my local shop. Seeing as they say they are stronger along with the UV can they still be put right on top of the plants as we do the 6500 K bulbs?
Has any checked out the CMH veg lighting?

BURNED RETINAS !!!! I think Duck's argument is persuasive all on it's own and he didn't even mention the main reason I would NEVER touch those! UV for pete's sake, are you folks crazy?

Yes, there are risks. But there are some simple precautionary measures one can take. Like not staring at the damn thing!!! Some UV glasses if you're really paranoid.
They're no different than the sunlight we live with every day. And they have no advantage except during late flowering. The stronger ones should only be used in intervals during the 12 hour cycle, not continuously.
I've seen how sticky the buds are after spending their last 2 weeks with the additional UVb, so you can call me 'crazy'. I'll get over it!!
Peace, Superman

All those crazy people with reptiles and aquariums with UV light just asking to DIE! eh?
LoL

okay, okay, I over-react... I'd just forget my glasses all the time. <br/>
and I know our pupils contract and all that but VISION, jeeeze... <insert pretty girl pic here>
I don't doubt it helps the plants though.

:rofl:
My Step Dad told me i was gonna go blind when i was a teenager,,,but it wasnt from UV.

I bet your cross sided Dog.
I was ambadextrious. Yehaaaaaaaaa

Here ya go hopper. I'd say this guy stayed pretty busy in his younger days. View attachment 233826 had to tone it down, been banned from one forum. Would like to stay here a while longer. But you get the idea.

Did she really need the implants??:p:

You should see the picture before I blacked it out. The guys eyes?? Yeah the nips are pretty much the same. Lol.

Guys are Dawgs,,,we dont care if there crooked. Lol

Latest posts

Back