Hot to vent a light with no vent hole on reflector?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kyle244948

Reaction score
Sorry for no pictures, but I have an old style 400 watt HPS light with a reflector that doesn't have a hole for ventilation ducting. I am just wondering what is an alternative for venting out heat from the light. I am a little worried when I do start to grow, that the plants will get burned from the heat. Any suggestions on what to do? I know I will have a few fans in there maybe a few more then most ppl just because of this small problem, but do you guys think that is enough to keep the heat factor under control? I know it needs to be around 85 degrees, right? Thanks for the help.

well with the super nova u can unscrew the side panels and buy 2 panels with 6inch holes in..can u unscrew the side panels on yours?Even if u could make a hole u would need glass and it to be fitted snug..IMO to save u the ball ache just buy a 2nd hand one..u can pick them up from 50$ 2nd..Good luck bro im sorry i couldn't be more help but with out u explaining the light a bit more and with out pics its hard to get a picture in my head.

Well i will defiently put some pics up tomorrow becuase their is not place for glass or anything for that matter.

i agree with monkey that the best thing to do is to buy an aircooled reflector. i got a new one on ebay for 68 bucks. you could just put a great flow-thru ventilation in the room. but aircooled reflector you dont have to worry as much about plants getting to close to the light.

Sheesh...people still charge that much for those tubes?
Sheesh...people still pay that much for those tubes?

That is expensive if you ask me too, and I have not bought one yet, but I rather buy that than a whole new system.

Latest posts

Back