Hours of lighting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lkbkr102

Reaction score
What light cycle is the best for plants that are flowering? 12/12, 11/13, or 13/11?

Trust me when I tell you that they all know what they are talking about. AND from personal experience as well...12/12 is the way to go !!! :yeahthat: :bong1:

I like 13/11. Most people like 12/12. Whats the best is probably highly debateable because I think more light equals more bud but thats just my opinion:D.

Is 24 hours best to veg???
I do but i'd have to say no. I think I read somewhere that 18/6 produces more females. I may be wrong though. Maybe someone else will comment;).

12/12 and 24/0 for veg is what I use but is debatable because a lot of people believe that the plants need dark for proper photosynthesis. Some people use 18/6.

ohh jeez, this is another one thats gonna get people caught up lol, stick to what your gut tells u and what your common sence says..

In terms of literature, Cervantes mentioned in his most recent book that fewer hours of "daylight" have an influence on the number of females produced. He goes as far as saying that 14 hours of light will produce more females then 16, 18, 24 hours of light. There are also other factors like humidity, temperature, and N levels. I believe this information originated from a Dutch seed supplier.

Cervantes admits that although he was initially skeptical that 24 hours of light did anything other than waste 6 hours worth of electricity (I'm paraphrasing), he's now convinced that plants will grow faster if they get 24 hours of light.

The whole female:male window seems like it starts around week 3 of vegetative growth, so I think ideally you could go 24/0 up to the 2nd to 3rd week of vegetative growth and then hit the factors the are known to produce more females with shorter periods of daylight being one of those.

Shorter photoperiods also decrease the time it takes for preflowering. Not speaking from experience, it's just what I've read in books.

audix2359 said:
In terms of literature, Cervantes mentioned in his most recent book that fewer hours of "daylight" have an influence on the number of females produced. He goes as far as saying that 14 hours of light will produce more females then 16, 18, 24 hours of light. There are also other factors like humidity, temperature, and N levels. I believe this information originated from a Dutch seed supplier.

Cervantes admits that although he was initially skeptical that 24 hours of light did anything other than waste 6 hours worth of electricity (I'm paraphrasing), he's now convinced that plants will grow faster if they get 24 hours of light.

The whole female:male window seems like it starts around week 3 of vegetative growth, so I think ideally you could go 24/0 up to the 2nd to 3rd week of vegetative growth and then hit the factors the are known to produce more females with shorter periods of daylight being one of those.

Shorter photoperiods also decrease the time it takes for preflowering. Not speaking from experience, it's just what I've read in books.

Sweet!! This tokes for you:48:

id go 12/12 simply because, if this is a debate on how much light/dark a plant needs for photosynthesis. this way you cant go wrong coz they getting the same of each :aok:

i will definantly agree with the 24/0 up untill about the 3rd week of vegitative growth...the plant will need that time for the photo-pods to close so that it can produce sugar for the next day when the plant is growing...i also agree that the shorter light scheduals have always given me a favorable amount of more females every time....plus we could all use a little break in our electric bills$$$$

line from which movie "60% of the time...it works every time."

Latest posts

Back