how are you keeping your humidity between 40% and 50% when hps lights are on in bud??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gman_517

Reaction score
hello I have been battling humidity for a couple months now n I got it under control when lights are off with a dehumidifier but what other than a humidifier works to keep you're plants/buds from drying out when the HPS are on?

I don't. I find that I actually have very few problems with low humidity.

A humidifier will bring it up and they are cheap.

My flower tent is anywhere from 20 to 30%, 29 right now, no problems. I actually like it that low. My veg spot humidity does not even register on my meter so it is under 15% which is a little low but no problems.

Google VPD
Vapor pressure deficit on cannabis
Seems a little scary like you would invite PM but done correctly with out huge swings all is good.
Humidity keeps the stomata open and the leaves working in conjuction with roots.

View attachment VPD.jpg

For real MR1?
Mine sits at 20 RH in veg thought it was real low. Was gonna buy a humidifier

Yeah , that is the way it is in winter, summer is different.

I have never worried about the humidity being to low, just too high in the Summer.

right now mine is about 26% during the summer it can get to around 70% at times. i set a pot of hot water in my box to raise it or run a electric heater to lower it in winter. for summer i just let it be and make sure my fan is doing it's job.

As mentioned I wouldnt worry about low humidity, just high, the only time RH being too low would be an issue is when buds are hung to dry. Imo

My flower tent is anywhere from 20 to 30%, 29 right now, no problems. I actually like it that low. My veg spot humidity does not even register on my meter so it is under 15% which is a little low but no problems.

My humidity is low also. I just pulled 5.5 ozs off a plant, so I do not believe that it is affecting my yield. I know that Rosebud also grows in a place that has very low RH and I do not believe that she uses a humidifier either.

Also, I do not believe that a fogger works any better than an inexpensive humidifier, maybe worse. I had a fogger for years--not for humidity, one of those decoration things they used to sell and had trouble with it all the time. The little disc fouls up quite quickly. You can also find good humidifiers at thrift stores for almost nothing.

5.5 oz, must be a nice looking plant THG. No problems there.

Im gonna cut n paste the email i got from chris,the general manager of cutting edge solutions. This is what he said when I asked if 38% was ok when lights are on

That is a bit low. Should never go below 40% RH. And with a hot room and a low humidity, your plants will transpire at a extremely high rate. A cooler environment has less of an ability to hold water vapor, meaning air with the temp of 60 degrees and a 38% humidity is not the same amount of water vapor as air with a temp of 80 degrees and 38% humidity. You can think of it as open space trying to be filled. In an indoor gardening scenario, the higher temp will suck the moisture right out of your plant to try and fill the empty space. This creates a drying out potential within the media, and also with recirculating systems it can raise the TDS while just burning off the H2O to compensate for the higher rate of transpiration with high temp low humidity situations. A good window is 45-55 %

Latest posts

Back