How can i get a heavy OG yield?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iron Emmett

Closet Farmer
Reaction score
Hey all

Im going to try my first OG grow, and everyone i talk to tell me OG's are notoriously bad yielders

Anyone out there grow alot of OG's and can tell me if they respond well to Topping, or Fimming.

I am terrible at making an even Canopy, so i guess ill work on that this grow.

Im growing Holy Grail OG, anyone flowered this out before?

Any advice appreciated, thanks

Emmett

I have never heard of Holy Grail OG--where did the genetics come from?

I wld consider my Larry OG a good yielder....the trick comes in training her. If left alone she likes to grow like corn. Straight up almost no side branching. With proper training (topping and some lst) she will bush out and get multiple colas. I hve not heard of "holy grail OG" either....what is the lineage and who is the breeder(chucker)?

Thanks for the replies

Holy Grail OG is from what i have been able to find out a Cali Connection Elite cut, its Clone only, and was released at only 2 clubs ive ever seen, one in Santa Ana and one in long beach, the same guy owns them both and always has a ton of Cali Connection Seeds/Clones for sale, but i cant find any solid proof, im writing what i read.

Ive smoked it before and it has a very chem og taste and smell, which i love, its also very hard to find and whenever a club has it, people go ape **** over it.

As for Lineage i have no idea, i havent been able to find any info about that, and of course the chick at the club where i bought it, was more there for her tight shirt than her strain knowledge.

Nothing wrong with tight shirts.

I topped 2 Larry OG before i flowered them and they are going to be very good producers, atleast by my standards, they will be ready in 2 weeks, i will slap a pic up here when they are ready, if ya dont mind.

Tight Tee shirts just show off budding development:hubba:

Dman, feel free to post a pic for sure, and thanks.

I dont have anything against tight shirts mind you, but its annoying going into a Club and having the Budtender be someone who knows nothing useful, you ask simple questions and they stare at you like your head is on fire, i keep expecting them to just start hopping in place, trying to draw attention back to rack.

dman1234 said:
Nothing wrong with tight shirts.

I topped 2 Larry OG before i flowered them and they are going to be very good producers, atleast by my standards, they will be ready in 2 weeks, i will slap a pic up here when they are ready, if ya dont mind.

dman are you running my cut or from seed? Wondering if I got a really good pheno.

They are both from seed HL, 9-12 nice size buds on each one, im pretty happy with them so far, havent smoked any yet though.

dman1234 said:
They are both from seed HL, 9-12 nice size buds on each one, im pretty happy with them so far, havent smoked any yet though.

Ah okay....I know a cpl people hve my cut and are growing it out. I think you will enjoy the smoke. I know Rusty said he liked it.

So i just counted 22 buds like this on 2 plants, the pics are a bit decieving i have a big hand, im 6'4 225lbs LOL.

these have 2 week to go still, the harvest pics will show their true weight and size better.

99-1.jpg

Those ladies look really good Dman, seems like a good yield for just a single topping, how long did you veg?

hamsters cut is some fire for sure. tastier and a better high then the lvpk cut i got.

No man 6 weeks is a nice veg time. Last season I had the Urkle cut & loved it but I didn't take any clones. Re-veged her for 8 weeks & then flowered her out. Omg! That's how you get a plant to yield right there.

The Hemp Goddess,

I have had a mental note to notice when I run across it in my reading what does OG mean? It has been several weeks and nothing. It is somehow related to old world, short and low yielding plants from India/Afghanistan but what does the OG initials mean? Old Grass?

The Poet

The Poet said:
The Hemp Goddess,

I have had a mental note to notice when I run across it in my reading what does OG mean? It has been several weeks and nothing. It is somehow related to old world, short and low yielding plants from India/Afghanistan but what does the OG initials mean? Old Grass?

The Poet

Depends on who you ask. Ocean Grown is one I have heard.

Og kush@kosher kush just got 10 from sea of seeds,but l did not check cali site might still.:D

Latest posts

Back