How cannabis has helped me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that's awesome to hear, YYZ. I'm glad you're able to decrease your doses w/ minimal side effects. My fiancee takes xanax, sometimes w/a booster, klonapins if she's outta xannies and suboxone if she's feeling that "old itch" so to speak. She just stopped drinking but she claims she doesn't "feel like herself" if she isn't somehow medicated with pills. Yuck!

With her history of addiction I don't bust her chops too much, she's alot more strong then she first thought...

thank you for posting your experinces YYZ, it helps me understa nd a lil bit better my special ladies predicament...

Much :peace: & Love,

7ge:)

I've had nerve damage for the past 6 years. been on everything from Morphine to Oxy to Amitryptiline gabapentin etc... MMJ has alleviated everything I was previously using with the exception of the Oxycontin which i still take at night since I can't stay baked for 8 straight hours while sleeping it's still the only viable option currently for me to manage pain throughout my sleep so I don't wake up constantly.

Well it makes me feel better that your able to decrease your oxy intake, Partybro. Thank you for posting, bud. I greatly appreciate your personal input/story.

I don't really give a crap nowadays this is about to be legal everywhere anyway. I box run and ride bikes this stuff helps me push through everthing and its natural I mean they busted Michael Phelps with a bong 4 years ago and I was like Yeah why do you think that is probably cause it made him a better swimmer

Throughout my adolescent and teenage years, I fell victim to the typical propaganda associated with marijuana and those who use it. I was taught that it is a mind-altering substance, but was lead to believe that it was a reality-altering substance. I was brought up in a home that sheltered me from drugs and violence.

Because of that, I never tried pot until I was 22 years old. I was completely, 110% against marijuana and its use. A few years after I graduated high school and dropped out of college, I was working for a reputable electronics retailer who has since closed its doors. After my first year there, I was promoted to entry-level management. After receiving the promotion, I took on a lot more responsibilities there at work. And being well over 300lbs at the time, I started developing chronic back pain associated with an accident I had when I was 14 that has weakened the muscles in my back considerably, to the point that I'd been developing a pretty hardcore case of Postural Kyphosis. I basically was beginning to look like the hunchback of notre dame, because my upper body weighed too much for my weakened muscles to support.

Anyways, that's why I started. Completely medicinally. Since then I've noticed that it levels me out. I'm more tolerable to people because not much sets me off. I has anger issues :p But since I've put off nearly 135lbs and over 10 inches off my waistline in the last 13 months, I've pretty much migrated my needs to recreational use. I'm a pothead, man.

Thanks for sharin' your thoughts SourDeez.

getnasty, that weight loss is awesome. The fiancee and I put ourselves on a diet, I need to lose about 30 lbs to be nicer on my ankles and feet in general (had the joints frozen).

That's a great posting bud. Thanks for sharing. I've never heard of that (kyphosis) or at least it called that.

thank you again for posting.

7greeneyes:)

Alright I will bite! I am an educated professional with other professional friends of which the group has Masters and or Dr degrees.
We have lively debates on this plant from the general on discussions to the science and chemical compounds that make up the plant.

So how has this plant helped me ?

I have Glaucoma define by excessive pressure in the eye (laymens)

I have been treated by the Cole Eye Insitute of the Cleveland Clinic.

First class. The costs for this is what it is.

However the medication which has been adjusted a few times costs at present $110/month.

What does that compose of? (1) drop of perscrived medication in each eye every night to keep the pressure level lower then that, That will damaged eyes.

Well costs for the medication only! Not all the Eye Clinic photos, tests, on and on.

$110 a month. Well that only $1300 in round terms a year.

But I get (1) drop in each eye every night.

Soooooooo I remembering my times at the Frat house in college at UM in Ann Arbor. That be innthe Great State of Michigan :)

I decided to revisit the plant in a different perspective.

"Medicne"

I grew a Blue Berry :) one it provided
me about 14 months of a few hits a week.

Since one of my disciplines was Mathamatics

(1) BB seed $15 time approx 16 wks.

Misso costs lights, etc $156

That added up to about $171 add some for electric $120 lol for
18 months 291$ Vs $1900

My eye tests every 6 months has my pressure at 14-16 ;)

No they don't know I self medicate.

So do the math. Works for me :)

THAT IS just fantastic and yet another testament of cannabis' efficacy as a true medical application. Itmakes me very happy to hear your story, Diameed. I greatly appreciate you sharing how cannabis has helped you and your common sense approach to self medicating at a greatly reduced cost vs. Big Pharm's price-gouging ways (let alone horrible side effects caused by those drops :eek: )

:peace:,

p.s. Keep'em coming people, love hearing about all the ways this plant has helped everyone in differing ways.

The only "Real Reserch" is being developed by several Candian researchers .
My money is on the plant. Direct inject of THC (laymans term) in a brain tumor. The documented results were amazing. Breast cancer another victory from the plant. I would tend to
Believe that when ( to long to post now) all is said nd done we will find the olant to be on the same par as Aspern a miracle (drug ?) or
Better termed perhaps miracle medicine :)

You know what's funny is that I grew a couple of plants this year (of unknown type- though looks like some kind of Sativa) & it's motivation pot! It's amazing. I'm a mostly at-home solo mum so a lot of my days are filled with mundane things that just need doing (tidying, cooking, cleaning, laundry, not to mention remaining calm with 2 young boys!!) & after I smoke this particular type of weed, I always get really ahead with tasks I've been putting off. Like the other night I cleaned my horribly dirty stove after smoking..just put on some good music & got to it (it definitely also enhances my enjoyment of music!). The time before that I tidied & organized a room that had been a complete mess & I'd just been shutting the door to avoid it :eek:

So then I feel less stressed all around when I keep on top of these things. I totally wasn't expecting it, but smoking is improving my housekeeping skills :laugh: I just seem to appreciate uncluttered surroundings more so I'm happy to put the work into a more visually peaceful household.

sassafras said:
You know what's funny is that I grew a couple of plants this year (of unknown type- though looks like some kind of Sativa) & it's motivation pot! It's amazing. I'm a mostly at-home solo mum so a lot of my days are filled with mundane things that just need doing (tidying, cooking, cleaning, laundry, not to mention remaining calm with 2 young boys!!) & after I smoke this particular type of weed, I always get really ahead with tasks I've been putting off. Like the other night I cleaned my horribly dirty stove after smoking..just put on some good music & got to it (it definitely also enhances my enjoyment of music!). The time before that I tidied & organized a room that had been a complete mess & I'd just been shutting the door to avoid it :eek:

So then I feel less stressed all around when I keep on top of these things. I totally wasn't expecting it, but smoking is improving my housekeeping skills :laugh: I just seem to appreciate uncluttered surroundings more so I'm happy to put the work into a more visually peaceful household.

Yeah I had never really encountered "motivational" weed until growing the Jack47, before then I just thought ppl were trying to blow hot air up me kilt regarding weed that got you up and doing stuff....thank you so much for sharing sassafras, good stuff.

It has helped in relieving pain and curbing a hunger I am so thankful to have cannabis in my life

my tinctures and hash oil help greatly with my arthritis so i definatelly feel ya there nugatronica. Thanks for your addition.

did they? that's mega cool...c'mon peeps...let's keepem rollin in...

.My story is similar to THG's and a couple other posts prior to mine. By the way, as for being a female plumber THG, my hat is off for you. I have a garage full of plumbing parts and tools for about everything.

I was born with birth defects in my hips and shoulders which spoiled my pitching career. I had a Traumatic brain injury at the age of 10 which actually changed my personality and caused me to become learning disabled, also dropped my IQ considerably. It was earlier in life estimated to be around 135, but now is only 111 as measured by a psycologist.

I married at 17, divorced at 21 and never tried that again. My father smoked and was an alcoholic so I felt it was OK to do the same, what a mistake that was! I was 16 and on my own before I tried pot and then tried just about everything else. I am currently going through withdrawals from 300 mg a day of Morphine that I was on for several years and it was the weed that made it possible to get through these withdrawal symptoms.

Because I provided so much medical data to the MMJ Doctor, She told me that I was qualified before she even looked at it all.

Bladder cancer in 2006, followed by Interstitial Cystitis that was diagnosed because my bladder did not heal, keeps me from sleeping for more than 45 minutes at a time. It was horrible not being able to get a good nights sleep, for years so the weed came to the rescue, allowing me to get a decent nights sleep.

The Indica seed that I purchased has begun to grow so I will see if it helps me with the pain that the morphine once helped.

I still take Hydrocodone and something else to help me sleep but hope to be off most meds by the end of this year, if at all possible.

Also, THG, I have arthritis in both hands and wrists and did not realize how bad that it was until I quit the Morphine. I have trouble opening pill bottles because of it. I am also close to your age, just 2 years younger .

Pretty intense and difficult experiences, Prospector, thanks for sharing. There are a lot of lessons in this whole thread.

IMHO, your IQ appear to be >200 and, anyway, we still do not know what really is the mentality and so we are totally unable to measure it… psychologists should not believe everything that they had studied as an exact science.

Good luck with the med effects of your indica!

Woah, Prospector, you've been through alot and must be tough as heck. That's just awesome how much cannabis indica's are helping alleviate your daily pains and symptoms. Thank you for posting Prospector, good luck with your new indi strain. By the way, what strain are you growin, friend? Just wonderin'...

Pistil, I must concur, i love hearing how marijuana truly helps ppl in a medical sense. Thanks for posting here too, pisitl.

Thanks to all for the great sharing, it always amazes me how sharing can bring people together. It’s the best way I know to really get to know the real person behind the avatar.
My story is a lot less dramatic, I was early on a (CONSERVATIVE) after 25yrs of marriage and raising 4 kids I just had enough and sort of dropped out. I started doing yoga and meditation but would last a month or so with something then become irritated and withdrawn. Started using MJ on occasion and really liked the feeling. The best way I can find to describe the feeling is, “I become the person I always wanted to be.”
So 2nd marriage to a great woman who encourages my endeavors, I started smoking in earnest a few years ago when my back started to really bother me, also, (ask my wife) it keeps me from going into those deep dark places that stir up all the would a, could a, should a stuff which we all know is not a good place to be. Happy to be on this road. Thanks to all.:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back