How cannabis has helped me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank you very much for sharing plmelec. I've noticed its calmed me down quite abit and has made my life more bearable. I no longer scream at stupid drivers or cuss at random strangers for not being bright enough...lol..it's made me a more tolerable person to be around for sure...lol..

that's awesome, once again thanks for the post, and while I'm thinkin about it...:48:

:peace:

I started smoking the summer of the 9th grade. Back then it was recreational experimentation. I am now 51 yrs old and still smoking with a few breaks here and there. When I was 17 I took off to Daytona Beach for some fun. While riding a moped down the streat I was run over by a Econo Line van. The funny or sad part was it was driven by a paraplegic man driving with only hand controls. This accident almost ripped my left leg off at the knee. The doctors were able to save it but several nerves were shredded. So my left foot went flat because the nerve that controls the arch was damaged. So I walk on a tilt. This causes severe back aches and Callas on my feet. I also have trouble sleeping if I do not smoke. So now days I smoke for pain relief and sleep aide.

:eek: good lord Irony is a cruel mistress...that sucks what happened to you bud. That is so crazy about the parapelgic hitting you...crazy.At least cannabis is helping you with your day to day, man. ziggyross, have you found a specific strain that helps with the pain?

Much Love, bud. Thanks for postin' here.

7greeneyes, Thanks it is pretty ironc. I have been growing clones from some bag seed that turned out pretty good. I tried some KC Brains Crystal Paradise but that did not grow very well.

ahhh...heard mixed reviews on KC...hmmm...well keep at it bud. I know you'll find something. I've been thinking of picking the strain Hammerhead by Medical Seeds which is a White Rhino x MedicineMan cross for pain/nighttime. Have a good one.

Keeper lit:joint:

7greeneyes said:
I'd like to start a thread and encourage others here (including the newbs) to share their cannabis stories....whether medicinal, recreational or both...

My story: Due to childhood trauma in the first year of my life, I was badly disfigured by an accident that deformed my bone growth as I aged...I've literally had a good 50-75 surgeries in my life both reconstructive and internal. I have osteoarthritis from these surgeries and I had a great dependance on a drug known as Dilaudid. I would literally pop them like tic tacs, matter of fact I used to call them "my tic tacs" *sigh* :rolleyes: I was ingesting it for 8 years and oxy's and perc's before and during that...

How cannabis has helped: Cannabis took away the urge for opiates and secondly has rid me of stress and Chronic Depression. To lesser extent (cannabis bud itself) it aids in pain management but my QWISO definately takes the pain away. I've been smoking cannabis now for 14 years now and have grown since I first started toking (cuz what's the point in buying street shite, right?).

So, in closing I'd like to hear your story, whether funny, happy, or sad. Be it recreational use only or medicinal use, I'd love to hear about my fellow MP'ers. Much Peace & Love to all here...

:peace:,

7greeneyes:)

Hi...I just found this link. Lot of really good testimonials in here.

My 2 cents:
Several years ago, I had surgery on my right shoulder. Pain medication was prescribed..."take one every 4 hours."

I took one pill...was down for 20 hours. When I came to, I felt like I had been hit by a truck. The next time I felt discomfort, I smoked a doob...pain gone, no after effects.

I threw the pills out.

That's awesome FlyingTooLow, time and time again I hear of the pain alleviating properties of CBD as well as THC. MAkes me happy to know it's workin well for you. :)

:peace:,

7greeneyes

I remember the first time I smoked-it was december 31, 1979, and I was 16(I can remember hearing Eddie Van Halen playing "eruption" the first time.). I was born with scoliosis and had surgery a couple years before that. I remember smoking on the way to school with a friend so we never had any when we got to school. I never have gotten to where I used cannabis every day, but i did enjoy the effects of it. I would occasionally quit smoking for a while. In later years I gained an alcohol habit, but later tapered off. I know that if I use canabis before drinking, I tend to drink less and have a better time of it-if I don't who knows what can happen. Ive been to doc in chicago who told me I will need surgeries to correct nerve damage from scoliosis-but im not all thumbs up on that.I was given a prescription for capabentin-then I saw all the warnings_ditched the script. So I just use some cannabis and I like eating it even better-lasts longer-thanks for reading :)

ODF

I have a lot of illnesses and I rarely smoke pot to get high. In fact, if I’m medicated on pot, my symptoms disappear for a while w/o having to take prescription pain pills, which has weird side effects. These prescriptions all have side effects, which leads to other medication to treat those side effects. The only side effect for which I get from smoking pot is paranoia, which is more favorable then the effects that I get from prescriptions. All of my legitimate, pharmaceutical drugs leads to high cloistral and high blood pressure.

I started smoking in October of 1972. I smoked it recreationally up until 1990 when my son was born and I quit for 10 years. Then in 2000, i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and along with that I developed neuropathy. I get sharp shooting pain in my toes as if someone was jabbing a needle into them. It sucks. I tried some prescription meds but they did not work. Then one time at a party, I decided to smoke. The pain was gone!!
Today marijuana not only acts as a pain killer for me (sometimes I suffer from sciatic pain), but it also relieves my insomnia, depression and anxiety. I am a medical patient in the state of Calif. with a cultivation license. Thanks for reading this.:icon_smile:

OldDaddyFedder said:
I remember the first time I smoked-it was december 31, 1979, and I was 16(I can remember hearing Eddie Van Halen playing "eruption" the first time.). I was born with scoliosis and had surgery a couple years before that. I remember smoking on the way to school with a friend so we never had any when we got to school. I never have gotten to where I used cannabis every day, but i did enjoy the effects of it. I would occasionally quit smoking for a while. In later years I gained an alcohol habit, but later tapered off. I know that if I use canabis before drinking, I tend to drink less and have a better time of it-if I don't who knows what can happen. Ive been to doc in chicago who told me I will need surgeries to correct nerve damage from scoliosis-but im not all thumbs up on that.I was given a prescription for capabentin-then I saw all the warnings_ditched the script. So I just use some cannabis and I like eating it even better-lasts longer-thanks for reading :)

ODF

no problem bud, I thank you for posting. Thanks again OlddaddyFedder, for sharing how cannabis has helped you.

blondeboy said:
I have a lot of illnesses and I rarely smoke pot to get high. In fact, if I’m medicated on pot, my symptoms disappear for a while w/o having to take prescription pain pills, which has weird side effects. These prescriptions all have side effects, which leads to other medication to treat those side effects. The only side effect for which I get from smoking pot is paranoia, which is more favorable then the effects that I get from prescriptions. All of my legitimate, pharmaceutical drugs leads to high cloistral and high blood pressure.

ugh my family has a history of high cholesterol as well. I'm supposed to take pravastatin but I don't because prolonged statin use can lead to osteoportic (spelling?) bones. only thing I take is lisinopril and thats to lower my bp to be kinder to my one kidney, I can see the use in that but alot of those sripted drugs have horrendous side effects.

for instance I just got over gout and prednisone makes my heart race and I get heat flashes. Sucks.

it's awesome blondeboy that mj helps you out, you may want to try indica's or indica leaning hybrids to avoid that paranoia you get (then again some ppl just get that as a side-effect.

thanks again for telling us you canna story, blondeboy.

Danbridge said:
I started smoking in October of 1972. I smoked it recreationally up until 1990 when my son was born and I quit for 10 years. Then in 2000, i was diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and along with that I developed neuropathy. I get sharp shooting pain in my toes as if someone was jabbing a needle into them. It sucks. I tried some prescription meds but they did not work. Then one time at a party, I decided to smoke. The pain was gone!!
Today marijuana not only acts as a pain killer for me (sometimes I suffer from sciatic pain), but it also relieves my insomnia, depression and anxiety. I am a medical patient in the state of Calif. with a cultivation license. Thanks for reading this.:icon_smile:

that's great you're able to cultivate your own medicine. Just awesome.
So, Danbrdige, whats your pain strain of choice? What works for you so that we can spread the word.

Vodnax Somniferum said:
thanksgiving munchies day. Weeds gonna help me eat today.
Choose your future. Choose life... but why would i want & go do a thing like that? I chose not to choose life. I chose somethin' else. And the reasons? There are no reasons. Who needs reasons when you've got heroin?

I think you should stay away from the heroin:aok: Then maybe you would have a better outlook on life.

Heroin Bad. Very Bad. Appatite is the least of your problems.

:yeahthat::goodposting:

Heroin's bad, mm'kay(voice ala Mr. MAckey) :rofl:

About ten years ago,I had 3 vertabrea in my neck fused,long story,of pain killers afterwards. I got to the point,Iwas taking 120milligrams,per day. Every time I got relaxed,I would fall asleep,and even on all that med.,I was still in pain! So,I started using Cannabis,today,I still need 20milligrams,per day,of the pain med. But the difference is miraculous,I still deal with a certain level of pain,but have to realize,that is how it is. The pain is much less,and the Weed makes it easier to deal with,while also helping to lower pain level. I recomend vaporizing,for pain-easing properties.-Markozz

Latest posts

Back