How cannabis has helped me...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am a two time survivor of cancer. The first time I had the pleasure of doing chemotherapy which pretty much sucks. One day my son was sitting on my lap, within a couple of days after 'sitting in the chair' ( getting chemo) and I was so edgy that the thought of throwing my son against the wall! I had quit smoking for a job but knew something had to be done, got some herb and never had crazy thoughts again so now I am a strong proponent of medical marijuana.
Purchased a vaporizer and discovered it help with what could be called ADD, it keeps my mind calm and ordered.

akwoodworker said:
I am a two time survivor of cancer. The first time I had the pleasure of doing chemotherapy which pretty much sucks. One day my son was sitting on my lap, within a couple of days after 'sitting in the chair' ( getting chemo) and I was so edgy that the thought of throwing my son against the wall! I had quit smoking for a job but knew something had to be done, got some herb and never had crazy thoughts again so now I am a strong proponent of medical marijuana.
Purchased a vaporizer and discovered it help with what could be called ADD, it keeps my mind calm and ordered.

amazing that what can grow naturally with no human modification can have such rippling effects in the positive health pool.

Stay beautiful ak :) and have a great day!

I was taken 25 pills a day just for pain, till I got some herb, n got rid of the pills. got pain all over arthritis, fibermyaliga. VA says I should have back surgery n I say no thank U.

herb does wonders,,,,, the heavenly smell of pain relief :cool: :icon_smile:

Time and time again people are posting such positive anecdotes regarding cannabis. Makes me feel good to know how much it helps everyone. :)

Thank you guys again for sharing, it makes a difference.

Hmm well I'll start off that I'm a recreational user and then tell my story. I grew up in a strict christian home and was taught to dislike marijuana. So through High School my cousins and friends would always come and ask me how strong they smell so as to not get caught by teachers. I used to go drinking at my friends house and they would always offer for me to smoke I wouldn't out of fear of my parents catching me later. My second year out of High School I went to a college in the Eastern part of Maine. Now that I was out of the comforts of my home I was ready to try some new things even though the college I was going to was a "chem-free" campus. One night a guy we called bear pulls up in a low riding Cadillac saying hey man you want to get high. Said yes smoked a joint of some good green bud in some clear papers and then a bowl which had blue liquid in the glass. I loved how it made me feel its the only time I smoked that my throat burned. After our smoke sesh they dropped me off in front of the dorms and I litterally ran inside and played xbox for hours. The guys were flipping out at me because they didn't know if they should've let me go on my own. My first strain I bought was grand daddy purp that was my favorite. It's helped me with depression because two months later my girlfriend had left me and I had also lost my job for a financial error made by the finance department. Then I came home to live with my parents again where I had to quit and found a new girlfriend. After 6 months the girl had left and cheated on me so back to depression and I started smoking again and was in a better mood. My parents still don't like it so every time they find out which to date is 3 times i tell them that I've quit. As long as I use my old spice spray they don't catch me doing it. I now smoke every couple of days with my friend who i used to drink with in high school I only do it every once in a while because my current girlfriend does not approve of it. I continue to use it because I still have some minor depression, it relieves headaches that i can't get rid of and since i've started smoking my asthma doesn't bother me anymore except for when i have bronchitis. Wow that was a long post for me.

It's your preferred choice of medicine and you should tell your parents exactly that if they bust your chops again.

I'm growin some Jack47 (from Sweetseeds) and that sat-dom hybrid has some great depression fighting properties, ime. Good to hear that it (cannabis) helps with your headaches. Sucks you gotta tread lightly around ppl tho. Keep yer chin up bud and thanks for posting and sharing.

-7greeneyes:smoke1:

finalrayne said:
Hmm well I'll start off that I'm a recreational user and then tell my story. I grew up in a strict christian home and was taught to dislike marijuana. So through High School my cousins and friends would always come and ask me how strong they smell so as to not get caught by teachers. I used to go drinking at my friends house and they would always offer for me to smoke I wouldn't out of fear of my parents catching me later. My second year out of High School I went to a college in the Eastern part of Maine. Now that I was out of the comforts of my home I was ready to try some new things even though the college I was going to was a "chem-free" campus. One night a guy we called bear pulls up in a low riding Cadillac saying hey man you want to get high. Said yes smoked a joint of some good green bud in some clear papers and then a bowl which had blue liquid in the glass. I loved how it made me feel its the only time I smoked that my throat burned. After our smoke sesh they dropped me off in front of the dorms and I litterally ran inside and played xbox for hours. The guys were flipping out at me because they didn't know if they should've let me go on my own. My first strain I bought was grand daddy purp that was my favorite. It's helped me with depression because two months later my girlfriend had left me and I had also lost my job for a financial error made by the finance department. Then I came home to live with my parents again where I had to quit and found a new girlfriend. After 6 months the girl had left and cheated on me so back to depression and I started smoking again and was in a better mood. My parents still don't like it so every time they find out which to date is 3 times i tell them that I've quit. As long as I use my old spice spray they don't catch me doing it. I now smoke every couple of days with my friend who i used to drink with in high school I only do it every once in a while because my current girlfriend does not approve of it. I continue to use it because I still have some minor depression, it relieves headaches that i can't get rid of and since i've started smoking my asthma doesn't bother me anymore except for when i have bronchitis. Wow that was a long post for me.

Women are tough my friend, but being unhappy is even tougher. Cheer up that you didnt go all 'baby i forgive you' and took the high road sir.

As for your parents finding out, gotta find a better hiding spot :p or tell em.

haha ya not telling or letting my parents know again until im ready to move out.

I never thought marijuana was going to be helpful when I was younger I just thought it was for shits and giggles. But I was Injured in my eye and I was referred to a doctor who recommended marijuana . I decided to use wax because it reduced all the stress and anxiety in my life it also helps ease the pain in my eye. I vape the wax with a DX2 its prob one of the best out there. overall love the beneficial aspects and knowing its a greater good. Also know a few people who are older and take a shiz load of pills for pain and I recommended to try some edibles and they are feeling much better.

lovbnstoned said:
I was taken 25 pills a day just for pain, till I got some herb, n got rid of the pills. got pain all over arthritis, fibermyaliga. VA says I should have back surgery n I say no thank U.

herb does wonders,,,,, the heavenly smell of pain relief :cool: :icon_smile:

God does wonders

adamr, that's awesome how you've got to experience both facets or marijuana. The recreational and the medical.

I appreciate you posting and sharing.

:peace:

I lost my father when i was 9,so life sucked pretty bad for me when i was young.when i went to school i felt like i was abnormal because i felt like i was the only kid who was fatherless,which seems silly now because i know i probably wasnt.But when i was 15 i tried weed and it seemed to relieve alot of the negative feelings of loss.It also helps relieve alot of stress from todays ratrace society.

im germinating n hopefully not have to be on any pills , after the harvest, if I can just a righteous plant , with awesomes buds , i'll be happier then I have ever been.

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner :tokie:

Sounds like a great plan there, Lovbnstoned. Greenest of mojo for your girls.

I was pretty much an alcaholic... I couldn't go to bed unless I had something booze related in me. Usually it was a few beers, or a glass of wine, but it wad at the point where I could down a six pack by myself or drink an entire bottle of wine and still feel fine.

When I started smoking weed, my desire for alcahol stopped pretty much over night. In fact, drinking while stoned just tasted gross. Now even on days I don't smoke, I still don't want to drink.

Red eyed gardener said:
I lost my father when i was 9,so life sucked pretty bad for me when i was young.when i went to school i felt like i was abnormal because i felt like i was the only kid who was fatherless,which seems silly now because i know i probably wasnt.But when i was 15 i tried weed and it seemed to relieve alot of the negative feelings of loss.It also helps relieve alot of stress from todays ratrace society.

Indeed red eyed gardener, indeed, thats primarily what facet of mj I enjoy the most, the anti-depressant properties. I appreciate you taking the time to post here.

Xangxu, I've had family members battle alcoholism and for some, I know mj definately takes some of the urge away. It takes strength posting such truths about us, even in an anonymous setting such as a forum. Good luck, it's tough but we're here for you in spirit. pm me if you need to talk about something or **

:peace:,:heart:&:bongin:rips

I have to thank a friend of my brother as, I had a tramatic event. my mother had terminal cancer, I stayed with her ( private room ) till she died, she died in my arms, n I thought I would go out of my head, with the lost of her. friend of my brother, pulled me outside , n handed me some relief for that evening, which commed me down to ,,to helped deal with what I had to do the next few days.
my mother was a woman,, that would give U her shirt off her back n help in anyway she good.... I miss dearly

lovbnstoned :cool: :icon_smile:
ol stoner :tokie:

well first of all lemme say :welcome: to Marijuana Passion, onlyprince.

I think you found the wrong thread as this is a place for mp'ers to post how cannabis helps them in their daily lives.

I only buy from reputable breeders and retailers such as Nirvana (the banner at the top of the page) but mostly buy through the Attitude Seed bank.

So....does cannabis help you in any fashion?

Pot has always seemed the least damaging drug to do. I've enjoyed it one of my friends offered me a smoke while banging away at a pinball machine in the late 60's. I am glad I never took up the offers of junkie acquaintances to pop my virgin veins. And alcohol had a mean hold on me until this past New Year. Good weed let's me soar and then glide to a landing.

Latest posts

Back