How close are my buds to being done?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
I found this picture, which attempts to illustrate the readiness of buds for harvesting:
when-to-harvest-cannabis-diagram.jpg

But I'm not 100% sure at what stage my buds are.

What do you guys think?

P1040653.jpg

P1040654.jpg

P1040655.jpg

P1040656.jpg

P1040657.jpg

P1040658.jpg

P1040659.jpg

P1040660.jpg

30x or 40x magnification works best. Radio shack has little handheld units for about $10 or eBay has a bunch of choices.

Yeah, I'm looking but I posted this because I need a second set of eyes.

I'll try to post some shots with my dSLR later today.

But either way, can someone give me an estimation? Am I a week out.. 4 weeks out.. etc

Thanks.

As long as it's producing new white pistils, it's not ready, when you notice no new pistils and the existing ones are orange/amberish then it's time to check trichs with a scope...if no scope is available then a week after no new white pistils is a safe time...it's the beginning of your harvest window....

Not much that I know of finishes in less than 8 weeks and most take less than 12. So, you're probably getting close.

You really need the scope to know for sure.

Its hard to tell in the hps light but I would say 1-2 more weeks. I think I was seeing a little bit of amber but in the hps light its hard. You definitely need to get you a jewelers loupe or scope that is 40x-60x. The ones with the white led work real well. I also take one of the highest bud leaves and one from a lower bud then set them on a flat surface under normal light to check with scope. I ffound it is much easier to check them that way.

I ordered a loupe from eBay but it hasn't arrived and it's been over two weeks.

I'll post some close-ups soon.

why not take a small bud and quik dry and test smoke it? If you like then Take her. Did I miss what strain this is?

I ordered a loupe from eBay but it hasn't arrived and it's been over two weeks.

If you bought it from an American seller, contact them, it's been too long.

If you bought it from a China seller, it should be arriving any day. Usually take 10 days to 2 weeks for delivery from China.

Or it could be a month if coming from China. If you have a Radio Shack around (do they still exist) you can pick up a small pocket microscope that is around 30x for $12-15 I think. I can tell you that if you do beyond the plant's prime and the trichs deteriorate, you will be kicking yourself in the backside for not getting a scope locally and harvesting when ready. The plant has an indica look to it and should be ready, if not overready. If the trichs die, you might as well be smoking hay...

Even close up pics are not enough--you need at least 30x magnification.

Or it could be a month if coming from China. If you have a Radio Shack around (do they still exist) you can pick up a small pocket microscope that is around 30x for $12-15 I think. I can tell you that if you do beyond the plant's prime and the trichs deteriorate, you will be kicking yourself in the backside for not getting a scope locally and harvesting when ready. The plant has an indica look to it and should be ready, if not overready. If the trichs die, you might as well be smoking hay...

Even close up pics are not enough--you need at least 30x magnification.

Well, there use to be a Radioshack right next to where I used to live in NY.. but I live in Israel now.

There's 10 thousand jewelers in Israel. You should be able to find a 40x jeweler's loupe there.

There's 10 thousand jewelers in Israel. You should be able to find a 40x jeweler's loupe there.

That's just a really ugly and demeaning stereotype.

There's actually only 9 thousand.

LOL--sorry, forgot that you are across the world from us.

The color of the pistils do not necessarily indicate the readiness of a plant. There are a lot of reasons that pistils can turn red/brown before the bud is ready and some strains the pistils stay white.

Howabout just taking a small test bud and seeing how you like it. I would hate for you to go too long and have the trichs start to die.

LOL--sorry, forgot that you are across the world from us.

The color of the pistils do not necessarily indicate the readiness of a plant. There are a lot of reasons that pistils can turn red/brown before the bud is ready and some strains the pistils stay white.

Howabout just taking a small test bud and seeing how you like it. I would hate for you to go too long and have the trichs start to die.

Because that would take 2 weeks to dry.. wouldn't it??

Put your bud on something warm to quick dry, I use my ballast. Chop it up and it will dry quicker.

Put your bud on something warm to quick dry, I use my ballast. Chop it up and it will dry quicker.

How warm? I get stick it in my over at a low temperature..

Latest posts

Back