how close to canopy with LEDS

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

QBCrocket

Reaction score
Gday guys I just swapped over to LED 600w , the booklet that came with the light ses to run 80-90cm from canopy seems high , what height do you guys run your lights

I would definitely go with the manufacturer's recommendations. I read somewhere one time that you need the height so that the different spectrums can "mix". Don't know if that is true, but it seems logical.

Get a light meter, and do your research on how much light you should be getting, it's different for veg and bloom but it's the best way to know accurately what the canopy is receiving. For my Lush lighting LED's about 24" is optimal.

You do need to shuck out some money on a PAR meter. Hydrofarm has one on Amazon for around $150 I think, since the last time I looked. Even though I don't like the Hydrofarm meter, it will give you a starting point to look at. For ultra dense bush in my knowledge of cannabis I have found the following gives the best grow results using LED's kept at least 2 feet to 3 feet above your canopy.
(24 hour on lighting)
250 PAR - Seedlings
450 PAR - teens up until around 9 inches of height (they should be ultra dense and bushy)
500 PAR - Switch to 12/12 lighting
750 PAR - Mid bloom
850 PAR - mid-late bloom
400 PAR - Last three weeks (shade them in simulation)
The shading at end harvest time ensure the plants very low photo-response and activity. So with Flush it allows her to feed on herself and increases trichome output while allowing for greater girth. Which means bigger Sticky Icky Budz.

You do need to shuck out some money on a PAR meter. Hydrofarm has one on Amazon for around $150 I think, since the last time I looked. Even though I don't like the Hydrofarm meter, it will give you a starting point to look at. For ultra dense bush in my knowledge of cannabis I have found the following gives the best grow results using LED's kept at least 2 feet to 3 feet above your canopy.
(24 hour on lighting)
250 PAR - Seedlings
450 PAR - teens up until around 9 inches of height (they should be ultra dense and bushy)
500 PAR - Switch to 12/12 lighting
750 PAR - Mid bloom
850 PAR - mid-late bloom
400 PAR - Last three weeks (shade them in simulation)
The shading at end harvest time ensure the plants very low photo-response and activity. So with Flush it allows her to feed on herself and increases trichome output while allowing for greater girth. Which means bigger Sticky Icky Budz.
What do you mean by shading I've never heard that before

Lotman420, im curious which model Lush your using.
Ive got a pair of the Domenator 2X and am just interested in how other Lushers run them.

Godzweedz, i'm gonna go upstairs and see what the meter says. Previously i was looking at lux not par. might be interesting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, i discovered the meter only measures lux/ lumens / ft. Candles. However theres a bit of a cross reference in Lushs literature and it appears im in the 700 par range/ 32,000 lux.

Early on i struggled with the distance and burned the crap out of some garden starts so i was naturally apprehensive. This is good information. Still a lot to learn!

Last edited:
Ive got a pair of the Domenator 2X and am just interested in how other Lushers run them.

Godzweedz, i'm gonna go upstairs and see what the meter says. Previously i was looking at lux not par. might be interesting.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So, i discovered the meter only measures lux/ lumens / ft. Candles. However theres a bit of a cross reference in Lushs literature and it appears im in the 700 par range/ 32,000 lux.

Early on i struggled with the distance and burned the crap out of some garden starts so i was naturally apprehensive. This is good information. Still a lot to learn!
Don't feel bad, I hate the term "master grower" If your a master at something then theres nothing more to learn. Least thats how I feel about it. The thing is I find myself learning something at certain times and usually saying " Why didn't I think of That? " lolz

My lush lights never move. I start the babies under them and leave them the whole grow, that is one reason i love them. Never had any burn or anything. love these lush. But i know they are expensive but so far very worth waiting for.

I have 2 lush dominator 2x in my 4x4 gorilla tent with 5 in 5 gallon pots using promix hpcc and mills nutes line. I run them on the white/blue lights for veg and then add to full spectrum for flowering keeping them approx. 24" the whole run. I am going to cut down tomorrow so I pulled most of my fan leaves today, this is my best run yet. The guy I got the lights from says I could run only one and it would be fine but IMO the more light the better.
IMG_3115.JPG
IMG_3115.JPG
IMG_3115.JPG

I have 2 lush dominator 2x in my 4x4 gorilla tent with 5 in 5 gallon pots using promix hpcc and mills nutes line. I run them on the white/blue lights for veg and then add to full spectrum for flowering keeping them approx. 24" the whole run. I am going to cut down tomorrow so I pulled most of my fan leaves today, this is my best run yet. The guy I got the lights from says I could run only one and it would be fine but IMO the more light the better. View attachment 250619 View attachment 250619 View attachment 250619
Sorry I put a triple of the same pic lol

Thanks for both of your input. Following your lead Rose mine have been at the ceiling or lowered 6 inches, from the start. The only reason i moved them was to see the difference it made when i got the led light meter.
now that their crowding the light they’ll go back ti the top. When the plants are happy, im happy!
Sorry if i contributed to turning this into a “yeah lush” thing.

Last edited:
Thanks guys for all the info looks like the instructions were right who"d of thought ..

When I bought my Mars COB, instruction says 12''--18'' for bloom, but I found my plants can grow best 12'' away from it.

According to my last experience. :)
Germination: 24-30 inch
Veg: 18-24 inch
Bloom: 12-24 inch

Latest posts

Back