How do I control the hihgt of my plant in a ten

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Espresso7

Espresso DR
Reaction score
Hi all I am having a height problem.. my plant is to close to the light about 6.5 inches and I do not have the room to go up any more my tent is 60 inches I need to remove the bucket every dray to add water and check ppm and ph any tips..
Thanks

Are you in flower or Veg? If you are already having height problems and in veg you have a lot more options available. Like removing some of the top and using it for clones. If you are in Flower then you are limited and need to bend her over without breaking her. More details would help.

When did you put it into flowering (sorry, I can't remember)? The stretch will happen for about 2-3 weeks then they shouldn't get much taller, but start working on bud development. You are going to have to refresh me on your grow--how much sq ft do you have and what light are you using? Like Hamster said, bending the tops over gently so they are running more horizontal is your best option after they are in 12/12.

I am still in veg stage. I put a piece of lattice over them to hopefully control the height. I have a small tent set up 38 x 38 by 60in height. That is another question I have about cloning hamster Lewis this will be my first. I read up on it and some say cut from the lower would be better but the top would be better for me????? . Hemp goods When I flower I am using a hortilux 400 watt super HP's enhanced spectrum. I also bought a co2 and temp monitoring system I am thinking about installing not sure if it is a good time to or waste of time. Thanks for the feed back

Put a bamboo or wood stake in the soil, tie down the plants, simple.
Bend but dont break, bending a little at a time will ensure no breakage, make sure you water first so the stalks are more flexible.

If taking cuts from the top is better for you, then take them there. You can either bend the plant over or put a screen over top. If you are running out of room and are still in vegging, you are going to have some problems in flowering. I would get some clones taken, do what bending you need to and try to get it into 12/12 soon. It will stretch some when put into 12/12, how much depends on the strain. Some indicas hardy stretch at all, some sativas can triple their height.

Latest posts

Back