How do I run a setup to harvest every 3 months

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

000StankDank000

Reaction score
I have a baby room 4x4 veg tent and a 8 x4 bloom tent. I start my stuff from seeds so I wanna know when do you start your seeds ? What week of bloom do you start the seeds?

Right now I am just cramming my veg tent and when big enough I move to bloom room ( if I have room) and right now I lucked out cause 3 were males so it all worked out my bloom tent has just enough room.

My veg tent has 2 stages of veg plants in it some are clones rest are Reg seeds so could be males. I started 10 fem seeds today that haven't broken soil yet. I also got 6 Strains Today I wanna run but are regulars so not sure
CONFUSED
PS I have a seed germing problem like if I have 5 seeds I have to germ 3 lol I can't help myself

So do people have a system to thier madness or what? If you do can you please share it

im trying to do this myself i have plants in veg that range from clones to 6 weeks old, i put one into the flower room about every 3-4 weeks so hopefully ill be able to harvest every 3-4 weeks. im in the first 2 weeks of flower so im still working on figuring out a solid schedule, i hope as long as i can keep the veg side stocked with different stage plants it should work out without to many problems. let me know if you figure anything out an ill try to do the same, maybe we can help each other out..Green MoJo...BtL

From seed or clone, I go 1 month at 18/6 (root development) in solo cups.
From there I go 1 month veg at 24/0

Then I take clones and put the veg plants into flower for 2 months in 3 qt pots.

By the time the plants are flowered and ready for harvest, the clones I took 2 months ago have passed through the 2 stages above and I take clones from them and the plants go into flower.

So, about every 2 months, I harvest 16 plants.

Recently, I changed strains so I had 4 mothers. Those mothers were cloned and the clones are ready but this harvest will only be the 4 mothers. Next will be the 16 clones and then 16 clones after that. Then, I'll change strains again.

Been working for me.

Its pretty straight forward imo, put plants in flower, start seeds when they hit 3 weeks of 12/12. So 6 weeks later the flowering plants will be at week 9 and the seeds will be at week 6 of veg and ready to replace the flowering plants, from then on you start new seeds everytime your flower tent hits week 3.

Once every 3 months is kind of an awkward time frame. And when you run different strains, they are going to have different flowering times. It can be kind of hard to get a cycle going, but once you do, if you stick with it and have no unforeseen problems, it gets easier. I got all screwed up being gone this winter, so am kind of starting over myself. I would do basically like blowin and D-man says, but as I like to let mine veg 8 weeks or so, I would start seeds 2 week earlier. If you have 2 different veg areas for different age plants, you could harvest every month, rotating plants into flowering when you harvest plants. A lot of strains are 8-10 weeks. As 2 months is usually 3 days shy of 9 weeks, it is fairly easy to get on a once a month schedule.

I am finding like THG says as different plants take different times etc. It is screwing me up. I just did an Epic seed drop and I am hoping my next batch of girls will be some great Fire.

so 3 weeks of flower start seeds. I jumped the gun its 2 weeks lol

I am addicted to germing seeds like I get a rush from seeing what comes from it or if it even does anything. I have now started to kill weak plants as my area is Tight and I only want the best. I did a run of sativia leaning hybrids and I am not impressed :angrywife:. They are 6 weeks in and I keep telling myself they will get better.

This is what happens if you don't plan right. LMAO

Veg tent gets a little crowded waiting for the flower room to open. LOL Only about another week for these and they will be transplanted and moved to flower.

View attachment 05152015-9-tent.jpg

i veg between 6-8 weeks depending on the strain, the T5 works good in veg i have it hanging on an angle, but a separate veg spot would be nice for seedlings an clones. different strains an heights is what im searching now trying to get all medium plants that flower in 8 weeks or so, so i can try to keep the plants about the same size, i cut some clones off my WW an gonna run that a couple times but wanna get some different strains as well..BtL

You will get to know how long it takes different strains to reach sexual maturity--ie be ready to flower--after you have run things for a while. I really would recommend giving yourself more than 6 weeks of vegging. There are a lot of strains that have not shown or not sexually mature at that age. You can veg longer if they show early, but it is kind of counterproductive to put plants in 12/12 before they are ready. This is harder whan going from seed as you never really know how many females you are going to end up with. And as we have seen, just because they say fem seeds does not always mean they are going to be female.

It is a lot easier to do this with clones. You may find it impossible to keep a good schedule up with seeds.

I have a T5 4 bulb for germ and seedlings. Then when they get bigger they leave solo cup and go into 3 Gal pots in my 4x4 under T5 8 bulb then when ready gets trimmed up and put into 5 Gal and into the 8x4 2000watt HPS.

Hope it works out . I got a section of 8x4 opening so I can move stuff then.

I really would recommend giving yourself more than 6 weeks of vegging. There are a lot of strains that have not shown or not sexually mature at that age. You can veg longer if they show early, but it is kind of counterproductive to put plants in 12/12 before they are ready.

i do wait till they are sexually mature i was just saying its usually about 6-8 weeks of veg time as a reference cause that seems to be the average in my experience. BtL

i do wait till they are sexually mature i was just saying its usually about 6-8 weeks of veg time as a reference cause that seems to be the average in my experience. BtL

Yup I find growing is preference with the basics to keep plant alive. This is why I ask questions to see what others are doing etc

Blowin--Dman was the one who said that he only vegs 6 weeks and I was addressing that comment.

Hackerman, is their anything that shows that root development is better if you start out with a 18/6 light schedule over a 24/7 one?

This is a pretty well debated topic so a simple Google will provide a zillion results but my thinking came from when I did the experiment on changing the Circadian Cycle of the plants and I researched quite a bit on what the plants do both, during the daylight cycle and during the during the night cycle. Search, "changing the circadian cycle of plants" and you'll hit a ton of results on what happens differently with plants during day and night cycles.

My decision was based upon reading I did on basic plant biology and not specifically cannabis but there was also a lot of info specifically related to pot.

I am going off of memory here so some details might not be exact but, basically, the plant is more efficient at producing 6-carbon sugars at night. Glucose and Fructose, I believe. During the light cycle, the plant produces 3-Carbon sugars via photosynthesis and then during the night cycle it produces 6-carbon sugars that are primarily directed toward root growth.

There was something else besides the sugars that were produced at night. Something about the plant going through respiration at night allowing greater root growth. I believe it was related to the plants ability to take in phosphorus (which promotes early root growth).

I did the experiment at another forum. I'll pop over and see if I can find some of the research papers I posted about it.

+1 for clones, some seeds take longer to germ than others, some plants have slow starts.. then there is the male / female problem...

I think it would be beneficial to use mother plants and clones, sorry its not really that number of weeks answer you were looking for. Just thought i'd throw my 2cents out there.

Quoted from THG "
It is a lot easier to do this with clones. You may find it impossible to keep a good schedule up with seeds. "

Now its worth 4 cents :D

Goodluck to ya stank

I only take advise if it's worth a wooden nickel .
I'm not a fan of clones yet. Seeds is where the rush is lol .
Thanks for all this input.

Good morning Stank.

Are these good folks telling you it is time to step it up to clones???

Are you keeping an open mind? Of course you are. Green mojo to you Stank! I kinda miss you giving me crap. NOT REALLY. I like the new gentler stank.

Go on eBay and buy a couple CloneKings, and a fish tank heater, and get to cloning son. You want plants to work for you learn to work that plant. Otherwise deal with off schedule plants when dealing with different genetics, or even different phenos from seed. No way around it. You want consistency you gotta take control, and reduce the variables.

5 days in the Areo cloner View attachment image.jpg

You show OFF G13, that is amazing in 5 days.. holy cow... Did you make the cloner?

Latest posts

Back