How do we get Flavours??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Subnaum

Reaction score
I have been thinking about this for a couple days now. How did we get strains to taste like different fruits? like how did my leamon g get a leamon head flavour? or why does Very berry taste like blue berries and raspberry?? My friend tried to tell me that a marijuana plant was bred with a leamon tree, and others with other fruits. Im not really buyin that, but I dont know for sure. Anyone???

well thats not how it works. Taste and smell are about terpen production.

It's kinda like liquor. You can mix certain liquors and come up with a concoction that taste like ...wel peanut butter and jelly to a jolly rancher. The same with mj, crosse were made until your fruity flavors came about. To me a good source to go to would be dj short.

Each fruit or flower produces organic chemicals that produce taste and smell.
I used to have fun in the lab when I taught organic chemistry. You can produce them yourself if you have the right materials.
For instance, rotting butter produces a clear liquid called butyric acid. It smells really disgusting. But if you mix it with an alcohol such as methyl alcohol and gently heat it, you get methyl butyrate which smells like pineapple, I think.
So, all these flavours and aromas come from relatively simple organic chemicals. Breeding for one flavour or another simply changes the ratios of the chemicals the bud is producing.

yea i didnt think that it was right about breeding weed and leamon trees. Thanks for shedding a little light on the subject.

Latest posts

Back