How do you feel about medical marijuana?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mikesrozer

Reaction score
Government grows marijuana for medical marijuana patients not many but a few. So they're obviously two-faced to us saying marijuana has no therapeutic value when they grow it for people for medicinal purposes. So what is the REAL reason for the federal government keeping marijuana illegal? They clearly know it can be used for medication. What you think about that?

the all mighty dollar my friend---keeping it illegal generates huge sums of cash for the fed

They have there hands on both sides of the game all the law makers get bribes to keep it illegal, And the dea gets all of its funding to hunt down all the mom and pop opps in the country lol cant move in on there action it makes em mad lmao

I'm sure job security is a motivation for some but I think fear and ignorance are the major players and are interwound. When fear tactics and lies are used for soo long people tend to believe what they hear and pass it on as truthfull to those they love and care for.
Those that have a strong belief that mj is a gateway drug or is harmfull on it's own, generally refuse to listen to any attempt to sway them and are more likely to listen to those that believe the same way they do.

As the old saying goes, "You can take a horse to water but, you can't make him drink."

I had a friend who was sent a package of pre-rolled joints from the govt (about 15 yrs ago), he was legally able to carry 3 joints at any time and could smoke in any fairly private area including parks. Stuff was bag-o-shwag and wasn't much for getting a buzz, but we replaced the nasty with good and he was good to go.

Why? Like has been said, they have their hands in the cookie jars of both sides!

niteshft said:
I'm sure job security is a motivation for some but I think fear and ignorance are the major players and are interwound. When fear tactics and lies are used for soo long people tend to believe what they hear and pass it on as truthfull to those they love and care for.
Those that have a strong belief that mj is a gateway drug or is harmfull on it's own, generally refuse to listen to any attempt to sway them and are more likely to listen to those that believe the same way they do.

As the old saying goes, "You can take a horse to water but, you can't make him drink."

:yeahthat:

Could'nt say it better-lol

:48:

ODF

It's a huge bureaucracy with thousands of jobs, lots of power and tons of resources. Bureaucracies are self perpetuating.

I'm with niteshift--fear and ignorance left over from the "reefer madness" propaganda. I do not think it has anything to do with money, now (although the original prohibition did). If it did, it would be legal. The government throws away untold billions enforcing stupid archaic marijuana laws, prosecuting, monitoring, and housing offenders, and law enforcement. Then there are the HUGE tax revenues that could be reaped if it was regulated and taxed, similar to alcohol or tobacco. Fear and ignorance does more to hold back a society advancing than anything I can think of.

We need to get rid of the people who are running the country and steer it in the RIGHT direction.

Medicinal marijuana claim that it can be a safe and effective treatment for the symptoms of cancer, AIDS, ms, pain, glaucoma, epilepsy, and other conditions.

I can give ya one word that explains these stupid laws and the PPL behind them. Its the same word behind every war ever fought.

Religion

And MMJ patients are fighting against I-502 in hopes to keep a monopilization on the mj market, be it the "medical" or recreational".

Discuss....

When it is legal to use (someday) I think they will make it illegal to grow anyway, forcing people to get it thru pharmacies, like you do with strong cold medicine (sign & ID). They might make it illegal to own a plant, Pretty much like what they did with the opium poppy. I am probably wrong, but that's 1cent worth of my 2cents.

IT IS still legal to own and buy chinese poppy. Matter of fact, it is only when you bleed the gum from the pod is it illegal.

p.s. when I502 passes, somebody's going to have to grow weed and it won't be megacorporations, it'll be ppl like you and I

Fear, ignorance and money -- putting good people in prison for growing, using, selling or trafficking is an industry, and an easy way for a huge number of people to make a good living and feel good about themselves. It is also fear and ignorance -- the ignorant, fear -- and they are the majority. Sad state of affairs all around....

Peace

When The state of Oregon allowed the ppl the possession of one oz. or less of marijuana (in 1973) with the maximun fine of $100.00. That $100.00 fine is to cover the federal TAX on MARIJUANA WHICH IS $100.00 per OUNCE. I have always wondered how you tax something that is illegal? What I think is the states that legalize marijuana have to make clear distinctions between medical and recreational uses and where and who growes it. I will not rely on state/goverment to grow for me medical marijuana. I respectfully request that right to know that I recive an all organic grow site that I have control of, or have a personal grower that dose the same for me. We'll keep a eye on Wa. and Co. and hopefully the FED's let the ppl rights prevail. PEACE BE WITH YOU ALL.

i think they keep it illegal because if it was not so many people would be useing it that there would be no one striaght enough to be doctors, cops, air plant pilots, ect everyone would too stoned to do stuff correctly or as efficient as the goverment needs it done . or as effecient as the person they are working for wants it done they would be to stone to do there work as offten as it is needed to be done. I am myself in the M.C.P. and i like the marijuana the government grows for its patients its really good stuff, but it also could just be for the money and because maybe people should learn to live and take care of them selfs before they sit back to enjoy the nice highs, pain relief the drug has to offer. JMO how do i fell about medical marijuana i like it and am glad that it helps me to stay off all the other pills i used too take.and the high if frickin nice, the pain relief is good not sure if my explanation makes much sence but it's JMO:icon_smile:

Latest posts

Back