How do you guys position your plants?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greenmentat

Reaction score
Hi... It's that time again when I move all my plants around so that no light is wasted and the big colas get the most, etc. And gosh is it hard! I'm doing 50 plants in a 15x15 room with 15 600 watt lights. 42 GDPS and 8 Blue Dreams vegged for three months.... The Blue dreams are already 5 feet tall bent over and the GDPS are massive bushes and I'm just wondering _IS_ there a system to getting all of these plants positioned correctly or is it an art form (this is what I suspect) where you move a bunch of them around and then much a bunch around again.... until you get to a place where you just quit...

I'm in there with my light meter in this room that is packed so full you can barely fit in it walking crouched over to avoid the ducting for five hours and I feel like I barely got anything done... it's really a mess.

I'm glad I love this work :D
Would appreciate any advice

Here's a pic but it's about a week old, we're 29 days since the flip

IMG_2048.JPG

well, i don't use as many lights as you.(awesome). 15?:hubba:

but when my girls are flowering, and i know the stretch is over and bud sets are on, i put the taller plants on the outer edges, and shorter girls under the best light in the centers...

its really hard to tell whats going on with the lights on so close up there, but i do realize you get what you get.

seems like that many lights is overkill on 50 plants...

Wow...most impressive grow. The only suggestion would be to keep plants of like height together so you have an even canopy. Maybe divide your space into 3 or 5 rows and the first row is 4 feet, row 2 is 4 feet 6", row 3 5 feet, etc.

With that much light penetration "I" wouldn't worry bout it. ;) lookin' killer there, friend. :aok: I mean you could invest in light movers but that seems pointless to me with the amount of lumens you're burnin'. :confused2: Any issues with heat? Doesn't look so from this side of the monitor...

agree with engneer. that method seems to evenly spread light to all plants. great looking room my friend.

Latest posts

Back