How Do You Make Stem Tea?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cannabis tea

Ingredients:
2 grams of resin
hot water
a tablespoon of honey
2 teaspoons of suger
a half a pint glass
1. cheese grate your resin up.
2. put the grated resin, honey and suger into a glass (while doing this boil some water in a kettle)
3. once the kettle has boiled add the hot water to the glass and stir until the honey and suger has gone.
4. enjoy and get wrecked (you can drink it hot or cold)​

Hey, I LOVE to drink weed tea. Back in high school I did it on more than one occasion (not that I'm proud of it, and I'm not suggesting that anyone goes out and drinks thc-laden beverages in public) and it was a great way to get high without the worry of smoking. Here is the recipe I used. it is VERY effective if done right.

First off, you'll need to get this:
1 - 3 grams of nice fresh bud (1 for a decent buzz, 3 if you want to get blitzed into uselessness)
1/2 - 2 tablespoons of BUTTER (NOT MARGERINE)
2 - 3 cups of water
1 teabag or coffee filter
1 cup of whole milk (2% will do, but if you only have skim you might as well forget the tea and just make butter))

So you start off by boiling the water. While that's going on, empty your tea bag (or get your coffee filter) and fill it up with the nice, finely crushed bud. Close it up either with staples or a paperclip, and set it aside.

Once the water starts to boil, you wanna add in your butter. It's important to use butter and not margerine because, as someone said early, THC is not water soulable. So fat is the name of the game! (sidenote: A friend of mine didn't have butter so he used crisco instead... Don't be like my friend.) For one gram use 1/2 tablespoon of butter, for three grams use 2 tablespoons. Now lower the heat so the water is bairly simmering (a bit past medium on my flattop stove) and add your special teabag.

Cover it and let it simmer for about an hour. Keep a constant check on it, adding A LITTLE BIT of extra water ONLY IF NEEDED. You only want enough water to cover the teabag, because the water isn't what you're going to be drinking. Your goal is to get the water as dark brown as possible.

After the hour has past, add in the 1 cup of milk. Whole milk is best because of the fat, but 2 percent won't be a noticable difference. Once the milk is in you can add cinnamon, sugar and allspice (or any other flavorings) to taste. Then bring it back up to a boil for 15 minutes.

**Optional: Add 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract and boil for 30 more seconds while constantly stirring.

Pour your fantastic concoction into a cup and DRINK UP! I like to sprinkle a little nutmeg ontop of mine. It kinda tastes like chai tea if prepared the way I have described.

A little bit of extra info:
-Coffee filters are sometime better than teabag. Some teabags tend to have large mesh (although to the naked eye it looks just as small as anything else). This is fine because it lets all the THC out quite easily, but you have to remember that THC isn't all that's in the bud/leaf. Chlorophyl is the enemy of the pot tea brewer. If your weed isn't properly contained, the chlorophyl will dissolve into the water and tint your whole brew green. Not to mention it's a tad bitter. I have NEVER had this problem with a coffee filter.
-1 gram should be plenty for one person. If you're preparing this with 3 grams or more I would suggest you not drink the whole thing to yourself. Split it with a friend! Even just two mouthfulls will get you high as a kite.
-Everyone I know who has ingested weed always tell me how tired they feel after the high wears off. I've experienced this every time i've had this tea. It is a tremendous fatigue. You don't want to do ANYTHING! Sleep is a must!
-Give the tea some time. Depending on your metabolism it'll take between 15 and 50 minutes for you to feel anything. It's best to drink and forget. The effects will last anywhere from 4-10 hours, the first two or three being extremely intense, and the last few being extremely relaxing. I average at about 7.
-Just because you're drinking it doesn't mean you won't get red eyes! REMEMBER THAT! You will look like you just blazed a whole dutch to yourself. So if you're someone who gets red eye real bad (like I do) then make sure you stay safe.
-Obviously, don't drive! Eating weed gives you an incredible body high, especially if you eat enough. I usually get a tingling/numbing in my legs and I can hardly feel my hands. Not to mention focused concentration is impossible.

so i dunno if people just got side tracked but ive got a giant bag of STEMS, no bud, and was just wondering if there is a good safe, non life threatening, no fuss way to get slightly buzzed. i heard some years back that it was possible and have been collecting for a while. anyone know?

Stems dont have very many trichs but i had a a half 10 grams of stems and keifed them with a keif box. I got a few good hits but nothing worth all the work.

I dont know about stem tea i guess if you did it the same way but use stems not weed and see what happends. whats the worst that can happen you wont get high.

You might get a buzz try it and report back.

Amerowolf said:
I've never heard of it being made from stems. You can make if from leaves and bud.....

The absolute simplest recipe I can think of is. Gets some bud, boil some water, then pour the water over the bud (don't boil it in), then let it seep for awhile. If you want a good potency people suggest using Vodka or butter. I havn't tried it with either so I can say if it makes it better or not.

I just like a good flavored tea....

MJ IS NOT WATER SOLUBLE ITS FAT AND ALCOHOL SOLUBLE

GanjaGuru said:
THC is oil and alcohol soluable, meaning if there isn't alcohol and/or oil present, you won't get high.
You could eat a 1/2 oz. of the finest ganja--you won't get high.
Unless you ingest it with alcohol or oil, and I don't mean washing a bud down with a shot of whiskey. Using alcohol you must steep the bud, with oil you must heat it.

Stems have very low THC content.
Stem tea (boiling stems in water) WILL NOT get you high. I've heard making a tea from the leaves has healing properties though.
im not sure thats true. about needing oil or alchohol present to get you high.
i know someone who only ingest bud and does not smoke. he thinks its better for his pains. he eats a gram or so a day he will start the morning with tea or just hot water he throws the bud into the hot liquid lets it sit for like 5 minutes then eats the bud and drinks the liquid and he says he gets real high almost all day long:confused:

Pothead420 said:
I'm not sure that's true. about needing oil or alcohol present to get you high.
i know someone who only ingest bud and does not smoke. he thinks its better for his pains. he eats a gram or so a day he will start the morning with tea or just hot water he throws the bud into the hot liquid lets it sit for like 5 minutes then eats the bud and drinks the liquid and he says he gets real high almost all day long.
You're right and the crap about needing alcohol is wrong. It's that simple.

I eat bud all the time. It makes me high as a kite. I don't do alcohol except in very rare instances and then it's sake exclusively.

Thanks for helping dispel the nonsense.

thc is good for me said:
MJ IS NOT WATER SOLUBLE ITS FAT AND ALCOHOL SOLUBLE
It isn't a matter of taking it into solution. It's a matter of extracting it from the stems. Heat from the water will do that. Then you press the stems to push as much as possible into the water and drink it.

I'm guessing you've never tried it.

It works great. I've done it a bunch.

ewwwww....
Heard it does work...but the mega earthy taste. :eek:
I'll stick to making butter, or smoking leave my sweet tea alone :p

Thanks Pothead and stoney for the info....but don't think i'm gonna try this one at home LOL

Mutt said:
ewwwww....
Heard it does work...but the mega earthy taste. :eek:
I'll stick to making butter, or smoking leave my sweet tea alone :p

Thanks Pothead and stoney for the info....but don't think i'm gonna try this one at home LOL
Hahahahahaaha, you goof! A little tea leaf from any type of tea and the flavor is enhanced. To a Southern Sweet Tea drinker, I can only imagine that tea without a pound of sugar in it must taste like CACA to you.

hehe, yer killin me...

POTUS said:
To a Southern Sweet Tea drinker, I can only imagine that tea without a pound of sugar in it must taste like CACA to you.

hehe, yer killin me...

nope i like it on the bitter side. but it tastes like tea...but MJ stems ewwwww LOL

I have a question, if I was to use strems, and not bud could i just boil the stems with water or would i still have to put the butter and use that recipe but with stems instead?

POTUS said:
You're right and the crap about needing alcohol is wrong. It's that simple.

I eat bud all the time. It makes me high as a kite. I don't do alcohol except in very rare instances and then it's sake exclusively.

Thanks for helping dispel the nonsense.
so if i took a nice fat bud, say bout gram size and said bottoms up to it i'd catch a similar buzz as to when i'd say make a butter type concoction or an alcohol tictature type method?
i was always steered toward the concept that you had to break down the thc and that is wat alcohol/solvents ie oils in the butter(fat) do. they break it down to a point where the body can ingest it and utilize the THC chemicals in thc when normally thc is not able to be broken down in the human stomach to the point of getting high from it really as much. ...as you can when the thc is broken down prior to ingestin it wether it be the butter or alcohol/solvent route...
but this is just wat i was told and have read as well. im no scientist to be able to call anyone a liar on this but if any documenntated information tellin other wise i'd love to se it. cuz i have had frenz pop buds in an swallow like pills before and they all have said they got hi too. but with wat i have read before i was not willing to believe it and risk wastin any amount of smoke in case it was not true.
i'm undetermined in wat to believe is wat im sayin

This thread is a good example why I love stoners. In any other forums Ross and Stoney would still be arguing and by now it would just be retarded name-calling back and forth, but not with stoners. There is nothing you can do to upset stoners... other then mess with their weed of course ;)

rickhunt said:
Cannabis tea

Ingredients:
2 grams of resin
hot water
a tablespoon of honey
2 teaspoons of suger
a half a pint glass
1. cheese grate your resin up.
2. put the grated resin, honey and suger into a glass (while doing this boil some water in a kettle)
3. once the kettle has boiled add the hot water to the glass and stir until the honey and suger has gone.

4. enjoy and get wrecked (you can drink it hot or cold)​
On topic, I just scraped several grams out of my bong and I'm going to try this recipe tomorrow. I'm tempted to make it now because I'm out of bud but I think this should be saved until tomorrow so I'll have company. Too bad, guess I'm staying sober tonight. Going to be a tough sleep.:cry:

This thread is a good example why I love stoners. In any other forums Ross and Stoney would still be arguing and by now it would just be retarded name-calling back and forth, but not with stoners. There is nothing you can do to upset stoners... other then mess with their weed of course

My my,.. what a misconception 'that' statement is.. :rofl:.. Believe me, we've seen some "stoners" get right down in the mud a waller with the best of them, eye gouging, hair pulling, biting, scratching, you name it...;)

ok, so yea you can use stems, bud or leafs but that's your choice.

if i wanna drink THC i'll boil my glass bowls n wait for the rez water to cool or just drink bong piss fresh outa dirty bong rolmao XD

and i do this all the time, so i kno it works n it works well n d**n do ya get wicked stoned.

I made a lovely tincture with 150 proof alcohol and allowed it to evaporate by 1/2 and now have bottled it in bach flower bottles, (2 oz). I find now that crystals are forming. This is a science project and the stuff tastes awful. I guess this is called the "green dragon" but I hate all the alcohol.

Point is: Evaporation is the best method when using alcohol.

:holysheep: So after reading these post and wanting to do this myself, I decided to try smoking cut up stems in my piece. And It Works! Not as high though. But It Worked!

Dr.Greenlung said:
Me and a bud want to make stem-tea. Clearly there are many experienced people with a lot of knowledge so that would be very helpful for two 18 year old stoners!

ALL responses would be helpful thanks...

if you have enough weed, it only takes enough weed to roll a joint to make enough tea for two people, we also save our stems and grind them almost to dust and add those to the pot. hubby and i don't make tea we make hot pot chocolate. most people say that you have to add butter to the watter when you make tea and that just sounds freaking disgusting, so we figured chocolate. we simmer 2 mugs of milk just to the temp before the milk gets a skin on it, pour in your finely ground marijuana and simmer for 30 minutes. strain the green material out of your milk, add your chocolate and enjoy. you must keep a lid on the pan becuz the THC will escape with the steam (I read this in a book.)

Dr.Greenlung said:
Me and a bud want to make stem-tea. Clearly there are many experienced people with a lot of knowledge so that would be very helpful for two 18 year old stoners!

ALL responses would be helpful thanks...

The rel question is, WHY BOTHER? THC is NOT water soluble---so all the stems in all the water of the world wont get you high, plus, trust me, it tastes like monkey piss.

You need some kind of FAT---butter, veg. oil, whatever, not water. Now, THC will disolve in alcohol. Make a nice tincture with Everclear.

Lass

Latest posts

Back