How does other growers bud compare to yours?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maineharvest

Reaction score
Ive got to say I am very unimpressed with all of the localy grown bud in my area. I lost my whole last grow to the cops and I havnt been able to grow for a while so I have been shopping around quite a bit and I havnt seen anything that I consider dank since I stopped growing. When I roll a joint I want the scissors to gum up and I want my fingertips to stick together. The bud around here is never trimmed correctly so you end up smoking tons of leaf matter with no trichs and its harsh as hell. Half the time its still wet and has not been cured at all. I have not seen anything even close to the quality of bud I grow and Im seriously considering quiting smoking till my next harvest. Its so frustrating spending $50 on an eigth and having it be garbage. I laugh to myself when I pay $50 cause my bud must be worth $90 on that scale. Does anybody else feel my frustrations?

Ray Jay groes way btter weed then I...But I grow WAY Better then any STreet weed

take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

my good buddy has great genetics and grows very well but his curing is terrible lol. He basically throws it ontop of his light on a paper plate then jars. I try to convince him everytime he comes over n see's me not smoking till its a month cured and how NOT harsh it is like his lol but local bud i get from here is....compared to mine....nowhere near but it still gets ya high lol

I dont understand why people would want to grow crappy weed. Why not use good genetics and grow the bomb? The weed I see always has a name brand attached to it but it obviously isnt what they say it is. I bought some Amnesia haze a few days back and it was all wet and smelled like hay. There were barely any visible triches and it didnt get me high at all. Why would someone even want to grow that crap. The people its coming from are caregivers and I am just so dumbfounded why they would even grow that and Im even more surprised that they are selling it to legal patients. Honestly I would rather smoke some mexican brickbud than this stuff.

I feel your pain maine......I got tired of Mexican brickbud and started growing my own...... I'll never buy crappy weed again....... I'm anti seed n my weed...... perhaps you know someone with whom you can share your talent and reap some of the reward while laying low.

Grower13 said:
I feel your pain maine......I got tired of Mexican brickbud and started growing my own...... I'll never buy crappy weed again....... I'm anti seed n my weed...... perhaps you know someone with whom you can share your talent and reap some of the reward while laying low.

The funny thing is these people think thier weed is the bomb and they charge $50 an eigth. Its all garbage! I dont know a single person that knows how to dry and cure their bud. Every person Ive ever hooked up with some of my homegrown has said its by far the best they have ever smoked and they are just amazed that bud can be that good. I wish I could say the same about someone elses bud but it all sucks. Its so aggravating not having my own bud. I fired up the old T5 yesterday so Ill have some dank in a few months.

I think that there must be a lot of people who grow around this tiny mountain community I live in. Most up here have quite nice bud. I will buy a little once in a while, just for something different and to try and allay any idea that I personally grow. For some reason, if you are buying pot, people do not believe that you grow.

What Im thinking is that once growing your own and dispeneries were legalized last year we have had a huge influx of grow shops and caregivers and tons of people that have no clue how to grow and are in it just to make a massive profit. I just love to grow and put in work and I spend almost as much time taking care of my grows than I do at my fulltime job and maybe thats why my final product is better. I just wonder what people are thinking when they grow these crappy genetics and then call it Chem Dawg or OG Kush. Its insulting to me cause I know they are full of crap and I just want to slap them. Im sorry for ranting about this but it really does anger me that people get away with this. I have not bought any herb in a couple days now and Im doing my part to not contribute to or enable these hack growers.

The weed here has always been hit and miss, somtimes its great, but you pay for it, when friends smoke mine they all wanna know where i got it and what i payed, it frustrates them that i have a connection i wont take them to.

dman1234 said:
when friends smoke mine they all wanna know where i got it and what i payed, it frustrates them that i have a connection i wont take them to.

They get pissed when I won't let them "get some"....... "let me get a couple joints of that"...... "you should share"..... "hook me up"...... "sell me some"....... (drumroll) " get me some the next time you re-up".

Whata yall tell'em?

One of my patients shared some of what I gave him with a friend who also sells...the friend wants hooked up, best stuff around! I just smile!!

Sounds like all of us here love what we do and grow top notch bud. Aint no slackers here.

I think I am so biased I can't give an accurate assessment. Mine is better then anything I have smoked, and that is from dispensary's as well. I got some "master kush" that was like the "mexican dirt weed" of the 70's. Not so great. I tasted a bluedream that was very good. Maybe as good as mine. Everyone tells mine taste clean. I think it is the best but like i say, i am biased. I love these plants.

I go into dispensaries and buy bud on occasion or when im out of my own, and my stuff blows away alot of the stuff they sell at the clubs, i mean clubs will get really dank batches in, but overall my bud would be top self 60 an 1/8th if they sold it, it makes me happy that i finally grow Primo quality smoke. :)

Maybe our bud is better because its produced on a smaller scale and most of us grow for personal use. I think someone that grows for the art and love of growing can produce better bud than someone trying to go large scale and make a quick profit.

maineharvest said:
Maybe our bud is better because its produced on a smaller scale and most of us grow for personal use. I think someone that grows for the art and love of growing can produce better bud than someone trying to go large scale and make a quick profit.

Agreed. I think the care we put in curing makes a huge difference also.

I think its the cure too, when i smoke weed a week after i cut it and then again 70-90 days later i cant believe it most times, but with that said when its a week old its still better than most of what my friends smoke. LOL

A few years ago I did a few grows with a partner. I was growing for personal use and he was growing to sell it. He went and split it up two days before it was done drying and sold it soaking wet with no cure. I let mine dry for two more days and then it went into jars. I guess that is a perfect example of what is going on in the mj bizz and it shows the difference between a business man and me(a true grower).

Almost every year, at harvest time, there is a bud competition at a friend of mines birthday bash. Many of the best growers in the area, enter. I have taken top honors, 4 out of the last 5 years. I missed this years competition, because I was in the hospital. I think my secret is the genetics, plus an adequate cure. Many of the competitors entries are fresh from harvest, with no cure. Most of the strains I grow, finish early enough, for them to get a month in the jar, before the competition.
HomieHogleg

Latest posts

Back