how far to put my light from tips?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stash

Reaction score
first a quick update...first grow 1month into veg got thrown down my garbage disposal by my dad(who doesnt live with me) - happened to randomly stop by my place and find my light :(...started a second grow in a different closet. plants are 10 days old from seed in soil. they are placed exactly 22inches from my 400watt hps. seem very top heavy with thin still developing stems, curving in odd directions only at the very bottom of leaves (not the stems). constant fan on the plants. what can i do to stop the awkward bending and should i drop the light down to 18 inches? using miracl grow moisture control with perlite + water once a day with 200ml tap water. for ventilation.. closet closed with no ventilation 6 hours a day. opened 18hours with fresh air circulation. THANKS

If you got a fan directed at the light you should get a bit closer, try putting the back of hand under the light level with your plant tops for a minute if your hand gets warm then so will the plants,move it away until you dont

General rule of thumb for HID lights are 18" from the tops of your plant. However with supreme ventilation you could go 12". With your plants as young as they are I'd say no more than 18" from the tops...peace out and GG

Latest posts

Back