How I started my Indoor growroom -

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

greener pastures

Sticky Fingers
Reaction score
How I started my indoor grow room-

How I did it? How much it cost? Is it profitable? - this is what I did. I have been surfin this site for a while and finally decided to jump right in.

First off IMO if you cant grow house plants or tomatoes, don’t bother with medicinal grade weed indoors - electricity alone will wipe you out . Start with a veg garden - tomatoes , fruit etc.. Growing fully organic medical grade weed is not easy - it takes patience and its not cheap.

First thing you need to do is get a radio and some weed, sit down and really look at the room. Light set up, intake, exhuast, vents ect.. Do it right the first time and keep it simple. Do you have neihbors? Don’t vent towards them or buy a carbon filter.

Rent or own the house. Build a frame using 2x4’s so your not drillin holes in somebodies property . Does it have well or city water? Treated water WILL kill your soil life on contact and then your plant will suffer. We saw this first hand, on our first harvest. ya ya - I know, R/O the water and it will be fine - sure after you put back all the important natural minerals with man made ones. If you have city water find a friend with well water it will help (most wells are a great soarce ). If your town has to tell you that the water is ok to drink well………. then you decide. I cant stress enough how important the water supply is. Problems with ph, plant uptake, growth, soil, bacteria and fungi life ect.. Just changing the water will fix most problems - I never, ever check ph any more. If proper soil life is there and the plants are healthy - then pH is where it wants to be. Lets get started:

This room has roughly 200 sq ft of flowering canopy capability 4 more lights to come

SUPPLIES SO FAR
Stereo
4 - 1000 Watt lights w/ ballasts and Hortilux HPS bulbs
4 Timers
Duct work
Intake fan
2 exhuast fans 188 cfm each
6 oscillating fans( a must ) you need air flow helps prevent pm and makes plants stronger
Plastic
Mylar
Chain ,duct tape for hanging lights
2x4s, plywood ,screws , hooks
Dehumidifier
Sunshine mix #4 - about 4 bails
Nutes (EARTH JUICE) grow ,cat ,micro , bloom , dark energy Bloom Stimulator
60 5 gal pots and 48 1 gal pots
t5s for veg box 10’x3’ holds 24 5 gal & 12 1 gallon
Big plastic box for dryin 4” duct and exhuast fan(Dayton)
Odds and ends
Total was around $4000

SETTING UP ROOM

Double Plastic the floor and cover windows (NO LIGHT) in or out. Build a STRONG frame and make sure when setting up the lights and duct work you use the least amount of duct and 90 degree elbows - each 90 is like adding 9 more feet of duct work - flow is key. The less electricity used the better. Hang the ballasts on the frame up high - they run hot and it gives you more floor space (away from plants). Insulate your duct - it will drip on chilly nights then puddle over time - then you have mold.

When hanging lights and duct always remember flow. If you have neihbors put the intake cooling fans a few feet in so people don’t here them running. Put a filter on the fresh air intake and change every cycle if you have one. A good rule is to never let your pets (and sometimes friends) in the room - they have bugs. Keep your room clean. When the room is almost ready to go - grab that weed - sit down and relax and look at your accomplishment , oh yeh - go say hello to your wife - she will be missing you soon when things get going.

READY TO GO

Loaded room with 48 Sky Walker

Was it worth it? **** ya! The first cycle took sometime to figure out . Feeding schueal , water ,room , climate ect.. Weed was medical grade and I made my investment back including the electric bill ($800) on the first cycle growing all SkyWalker. 2nd cycle growing SkyWalker & Reclining Buddha looks awesome and is very close to being done. Now it’s dialed in and we’re getting more than doubled the weight of the 1st cycle. The 3rd cycle is a few weeks away - growing all Reclining Buddha - Cant wait!

SPECIAL THANKS
Goes out to JMANSWEED for his &#8220; nute study&#8221; and all around help with any and all ? - or problems that arose. I have never seen such an in depth study like that before that helped me huge!! Thanks for spending all that money for us. Also thanks Marrijuana Passion - for having such a great and informative site with a wide range of experts to help those in need >Because a friend with weed is a friend indeed :D <

I&#8217;ve recently added a grow box - and I&#8217;m starting to get a feel for veg&#8230;&#8230;.I&#8217;ve primarily flowered only so far. Jman himself provided my plants fully vegged and ready to flower - it's nice to have friends.:hubba: Here&#8217;s some pics and I&#8217;ll update soon w/ some progress.

Opinion welcome.........:)

tgedc1057.jpg

tgedc1119.jpg

tgedc1094.jpg

tgedc0962.jpg

tgedc0972.jpg

tgedc1105.jpg

tgedc1115.jpg

tgedc0974.jpg

tgedc0977.jpg

tgedc1054.jpg

you want mo? long story short.....im impressed. good job

Really looks good, GP. I do it right or as right as i can as well. The problem seems to be though that not many are interested when you spend the money and do it right. Seems to bring little responses to a thread when this thread to me is right on. Thanks for posting and I will post in your threads.

greener pastures said:
I cant stress enough how important the water supply is. Problems with ph, plant uptake, growth, soil, bacteria and fungi life ect.. Just changing the water will fix most problems - I never, ever check ph any more. If proper soil life is there and the plants are healthy - then pH is where it wants to be.

Bless you, bless Bombbudpuffa, bless Sub. Man, the pH Nazis have beaten me to death over this. News Bulletin: you don't have to spend your life adjusting and stressing over pH if you're in soil. Just use good water to begin with.

I went to RO water last year and my plants have never faired better. I occasionally test the RO just to keep it honest but it's always a solid 6.3.

Good work. Peace.

It looks clean. Nice work. You need to re-think your ventialtion cfm's and lights. You just dont have near enough light for a 200sq ft canopy and enough air exchange. Imagine your yield if you put in 8 lights? Just a thought. Welcome.

Hey guys,

Great thread GP.........There's actually 100 square feet - minor typo. 4000 watts on a 100 square foot canopy.

Pics look great man - keep on posting the results!:bong:

HA. I was just about to say, Jman, if hes Pm'ing ya, you surely must of told him about lumens....

Yes thanks for pointing out the typo I will have 200 sq asap. Also new picks from second harvest very soon Thanks All GP

nice but are there any aisle to walk down in the flower room? just wondering :p

Very little thankfully:hubba: Also I was wondering how many people use there run off in there veg garden , house plants & lawn. I use for all the above and all are wonderful. My lawn sprotted in about 4 days Earth Juice Baby its the **** and no I dont work for the company

I use run off for lawn combined with RO waste and CO2 waste. Its happy.

Nice NC Why waste anything. I try to reuse as much as possible it other areas of growing . Here are a few bigger pics. Trying to figure out this new cam.

GEDC1150.JPG

GEDC1148.JPG

GEDC1149.JPG

Yes sir that is the first cooling fan. Rather than have it near or on the window, i moved it after the first light. less noise outside and no moisture build up on fan. Even when I had it wrapped the insulation got really wet.Had to fix often.When I moved it problem solved.
Also the first 2 hoods were almost cool to the touch pretty cool for just a simple move of a fan.
The room was set up a different way at first. After first cycle was finished redid room got rid of about 28' of flex duct and 2 90 elbows. dropped room day temp by 4-5 degrees room stays 75-79 no A/C :hubba:.

2nd cycle of Sky Walker just trimed. 45 days for flowering. Reclining Buddha next week along with 12 more skys . The yield is much more impressive than the first cycle. Wont really know for a week or so.Still dialing in all most there. Most impressive bud for second cycle.
Thanks All for the interest GP

GEDC1176.JPG

GEDC1175.JPG

GEDC1197.JPG

GEDC1193.JPG

GEDC1168.JPG

Wow, that is a very very serious grow room, Very professional looking, nice job.

Nice cooled lamps, puts my basic 400 watt hps to shame! :D

I've read that using both MH and HPS lamps will boost flowering volume, If I recall correctly it's because MH has more blue light while HPS has more red light. I believe there are MH lamps that have been modified to work with HPS systems but I can only run one lamp at one time so I'll just stick with a HPS lamp.

Nothings wrong with a 400w atleast its something Im running all hps they've made me happy so far and they run much cooler than a mh and suck alot less juice Thanks GP

Latest posts

Back