how late can i put plants outside?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crazylarry

Reaction score
i live in upstate n.y. and got a late start putting clones out because of the drought up here. i have ak-47 clones and have done well in the past but i have never put clones out into the month of august.

I have put out plants in mid July before and harvested. The plants were very small, about 1.5 feet tall, but they did finish in October.

Good luck to you.

I be puttin mine out late but tells them to be back home when the street lights come on, gets dangerous after that.

BWD

Lemon Jack said:
What kinda street lights are in your neck of the woods bwd lol jk buddy.

Send chittlins out at night with clear garbage bags catchin all the fireflies they can then be stringin to string, then to bolt and fires them to top of trees make fur romantic evenin with the little misses ;) well once I scat the kids away lol

BWD

tcbud said:
I have put out plants in mid July before and harvested. The plants were very small, about 1.5 feet tall, but they did finish in October.

Good luck to you.
i am actually going to put some out tonight. i have heard of guys putting clones out right up until the second week of august, and still getting a decent amount of bud from the plants.

Yual be well north then pilgrem, mighty north actualy.Must be neighbors almost ;)

BWD

If you don't get frost until the first week of Oct, you probably have enough time to finish them.

BWD--You don't have to be really far north to get early frosts--I am quite a bit further south than you (43rd parallel) and we can get frost until the first of June and it can frost anytime after the end of August. Makes it near impossible to grow outdoors here. This year we had a frost the 7th of June.

mojo for the outdoors crazylary...:48:

take care and be safe

The Hemp Goddess said:
If you don't get frost until the first week of Oct, you probably have enough time to finish them.

BWD--You don't have to be really far north to get early frosts--I am quite a bit further south than you (43rd parallel) and we can get frost until the first of June and it can frost anytime after the end of August. Makes it near impossible to grow outdoors here. This year we had a frost the 7th of June.

Ya rememberin learning bout differnt temps and even freezin temps in deserts at night. Thanks THG guess I thinkin more bout were I sits and I always be lettin me outdoor plants go right to end of october cause be november frost and snow ussualy fly well didnt last year lol mowin grass in January for frick sakes. Anyways thanks THG ;)

BWD

I have covered my outdoor plants when we have a threat of frost. It works

putting out the last of my clones tonight, and my bad the first frost usualy happens the first week in november. still looking for someone that has put plants out late and what kind of yeild they got? am i just wasting my time or am i gonna get good bud? i live in upstate n.y. hope i do ok.

There are far too many variables for you to compare your grow with anyone elses. It will be what it will be. The experience of others will not really tell you anything about your yield/quality at all. If the frost holds off long enough and your weather stays warm, you should get enough of a harvest to have made it worth while, especially since you already have clones ready to go.

thank you goddess i love reading your posts. i will let you know what my results are.

Just wanted to give everyone a little update on my late season outdoor grow. I put about 125 plants outdoors in my area and I made out pretty good. I put my plants in cornfields 25 at a time in each cornfield. Thats about the most I will put out because the helicopters are out looking in this area. I had 5 different spots and here is how I made out. One spot the farmer chopped down early and one spot got eaten by deer. Nothing I could do about it, but the other 3 spots were really good. Iwas able to water my plants and hit them hard with bloom booster when they started budding. I harvested them on October 12 and got a little over 20lbs. I hope this helps someone for next year knowing if you get a late start you can still make out ok.

Latest posts

Back