how legal is it in canada

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
a massive wave of people from miami to washington state are on the move northward towards alaska. when questioned; the trekkers replied thars gold in them thar hills and we are going to grow our share.

Here on the east coast they care... but not as much as liquer. If u have a inch of alky in the bottom of a pint on u... or 3 grams... ur gonna get a worse fine for the bottle. Pretty lame when u think of it... since thas legal.

Hick said:
..?.."local LEO" can't legally arrest you unless you have exceeded the guidlines mandated in your state legislation, or they have some type of "Federal" authority.
There are also some areas/counties, within the states, where I understand "local leo" has made it(mj cultivation, possession) THE lowest priority criminal activity.
On more than one occasion, our "State Supreme Court" has ordered the feds to return growing eauiptment and homegrown meds to medical users that were within the bounderies of the state law.
ZZZZZZThe feds haven't done it, as they are still operating under the U.S. supreme courts ruleing that federal laws political name state legislation. But at least the state has fought them. It isn't a matter of "some counties looking the other way"...It is the law..

CA is alot different than other states, especially with drug enforcement. It written, forget which document, that a state/county/city law can be above the limits set by it's superior agency. So in this matter CA laws cannot violate Federal laws, it is still federal law that MJ is a controlled substance. In CA they will bust you for anything, why? Because it's a source of revenue for the respective counties. They are very-very hard out here on anyone carrying any controlled substance. They have even gone as far as arresting someone with a valid CC, throwing them in jail for a intoxicated in public, making them go to court and prove that they are truly in need of medicinal MJ. Even after they successfully prove themselves, they still must pay the $10 court documentation fees. If you prove your self innocent you should be liable for nothing, go figure!

Drug enforcement in CA is their top priority, so much in fact they have DAILY flights of a fleet of helicopters that are equipped to detect MJ in dense forest enviroments. Now, if you grow in your home, then ur safe from the whirlys above. However, CA just passed a law that gives ANY officer to enter your premises if he/she thinks that you may be doing something illegal in your home! A good example, and true story, that i know of personally is about a friend of mine. He had been drinking some beers while working on his car, of course his radio was on, and we were just wrenchin on it. A couple of hours into it, an officer had come through the back gate of his yard, walked through the side door of the garage, and just so happened to walk in at the same time my friend was sitting in the drivers seat attempting to turn the engine over. He was buster with a DUI just for sitting in the seat with a beer in his hand and the garage door closed. He went to court with his lawyer and ended up getting it reduced to a Wet & Reckless. While other states may be releasing their choking grasp on MJ enforcment, CA is clenching its fists even tighter!

Greeny

this is also true of a buddy of mine who is a medical user and an activist and lives in the state of nevada. jim does not grow more then 3 plants; but has a lot of tropical plants in his home,yard and greenhouse. he came under the eye of local leo several months ago and gets constant harrassement because he shot and killed an intruder on his property at 3 am 1 night. the intruder was a fbi special agent who had no business being where he was. he has a web cam on his property and that night jim ordered the victum to "come out into the light with your hands raised"; instead the guy opened fire with 3 rounds, jim responded with 2 and shot him dead. the sheriff's department did not know of the webcam and this saved his butt in court later. if ya can not trust yer own local leo's, who can ya trust?

since then jim has regular visitors wandering around his openly marked private property - no trespassing - and armed, he has had tropical ferns ripped out, people at the windows and on the porches, even at 1 point, on his house roof. jim is retired military and at 1 point worked with the cia and this has still not deterred idiot law enforcement from making his life miserable.

jim now has his property up for sale and is thinking of moving to either alaska, or the canadian yukon, or elsewhere. all this from a man who served his country with valor and honor, paid his taxes, and has a clean record. and though its no excuse; do you wonder why, i am down on americans at times? im looking for property for him and this was going on while i posted about yankees. i thought maybe i should let the members see my mindset at the time. sorry

this is in support of hick's statement - local leo cant arrest you. but they can drive ya right out the country by harassement and dirty tactics, can't they?

astra007 said:
and though its no excuse; do you wonder why, i am down on Americans at times? I'm looking for property for him and this was going on while i posted about Yankees. i thought maybe i should let the members see my mindset at the time. sorry
IMHO, you need to learn to control your mind. You seem to let it control you at times. If you find that you do things that shouldn't be done or said at times, then more control on your part is what is required. The rest of us shouldn't have to suffer for your lack of control over your own actions.

Knocking ALL Americans because the current American government does something you don't agree with would be like me saying Canadians are <bad name> because your government is now very restrictive on pot. It just wouldn't be fair to include ALL Canadians in a generalization about anything. If you're down on Americans at any time, you're wrong. Plain and simple. You can't judge 300 million people by the actions of part of them, it isn't fair. As for calling names for any reason, it's childish. Name calling should always be prefixed by: NAH NAH NAH NAH NAH, while sticking your thumb in your nose and wiggling your fingers. That way, it will be interpreted as what it is; a childish remark.

Control over your own actions and reactions.

It's what separates us from animals.

i was speaking in general; if you cant tell the difference between this and what yer going on about maybe you should take yer own advice and just not post replies to me. i am finding that you are harrassing me for any context in which i post. IMHO secondly, while helping a fellow american, i was in a mindset - CORRECT - helping an american. what part of this do you find offensive? if you want to debate this please feel free to pm me and we can hash it out - but posting replies that attack other americans in need - is childish. and was it not you who said dont use words like lazy? what do you think childish? is, if not a direct slap.

You've taken my words out of context again. Helping one American doesn't give you the right to down the rest. Helping someone had nothing to do with your remark dissing Americans and calling us all Yankees. That's what I find offensive. What is it that you don't understand? You bad mouth 300 million people in one sentence and then you get your feelings hurt when one person tells you it's childish to do so.

You've pissed me off enough. In case it's gone past you, I'm also here to enjoy myself. When some newbie comes along and causes nothing but problems for the entire time he's here, I don't enjoy following you around and cleaning up after you.

I'm not doing it any more. Say what you wish. Do what you want. If one of the other Mods censors you, what will be your next excuse?

There is NOTHING you can do that will get a response from me in the future. Do whatever you think you can get away with. It'll be fun to watch.

there are probably 299 million, 985,000 good americans just like the same fer canadians. and get back here and debate, just dont threaten me or twist my words as you accuse me of doing. i think you are "a stand up man" and that we have a language issue here at the root of it all. im starting to understand your way of thinking so lets not quit now - ok?

dam it - oops i respect the effort and time you spend here on this forum and honor you more then i think you understand. if i was to say - those people south of my border - would not this be the same as saying americans?

im a canuck, a polarbear, an icebeon, a canadian, the northern neighbour, an anglo - yup and proud of it. why does being called a yankee upset you? oh ya 8 months and ya still call me a newbie?

must be a teenager, just dont have that attitude if you ever get caught with mj here in canada. the laws are still on the books and valid. you get lippy with the rcmp and you will find out very fast what they can do to you. be polite and usually no problem.

just to types like you. dont say that mj is legal in canada because peeps think all aspects are legal. you are speaking of getting caught with under a 1/8 of an ounce - possession. have a lb. on ya and see what happens. outdoor is usually just burnt around here but 3 buds got caught last year takin theirs down. they lost their 4 x 4's right there and all the equipment also. still awaiting charges and were searched but no1 had indoor. another 12 year veteran of the grow just lost his house, vechiles, limited company, and bank accounts because of the rcmp and the IRS; he was buying wholesale. then there was the medical friend of mine who was reported by his neighbour and the rcmp came in while he was not home and trashed his house and grow; seizing all his equipment that he never got back. this is just in the last year here plus 3 friends that got large fines fer posession. depends on the judge and the mood of the rcmp. 2500.00 fine aint nothin.

It will never be legal man you guys r just wishing for it, it would be great, but i think they will tax it off the wall and geanos will cost more,

smoke_marijuana420 said:
man ive been busted like 3 times. i know its illegal but no criminal record.

"Obviously" with miniscule amounts. Most likely a "juvey" that has nothing to confiscate, no property, bank accounts, or possessions. I've never heard of "Police" confiscating skateboards, "Huffy" bicycles or "Nike" tennis shoes in connection with trafficing/cultivation..:p

I'm not a kid, lol I live with my parents but I'm over 18 just like all you guys, been smoking weed for years, never get enough. Dont mind my stupid posts sometimes I get stupid when I smoke.

Latest posts

Back