How long before an autoflower White Widow begins to flower?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ganesa_9

Reaction score
I have two plants, both are very healthy, green, bushy, and about two feet tall. I planted the seedlings on April 2nd and it's now May 21st... and I'm still not seeing any signs of flowering. I'm not sure how long this strain should be in vegetative growth before you start to see some signs of flowering?

usually 2 to 3 wks will an auto go into bloom. sounds like you have a photo, so switch it to 12/12 and see. who is the breeder?

That's what I was thinking... but I definitely bought WW auto fem. I bought them from ILGM on sale, so even if they are photo, as long as they are fem at least, it will all pan out in the end. I'll try 12/12 and see what happens. Is that 2-3 weeks for auto flower a good general rule of thumb for when flowering SHOULD start? Thanks.

The sour diesel autos I bought before were flowering within 3-4 weeks, Heck 3 of the 4 plants never got over 2 1/2 ft tall but I got 11 1/2 oz of bud out of the 4 plants

One more question about flowering then: once I set the light cycle to 12/12 (did that yesterday), about how long does it normally take for the plants to 'notice' the change in that cycle and start producing buds?

Autos aren’t that sensitive to the light schedule. There are a LOT of different opinions on the subject. My lights were on 24/7 from start to finish. Auto flowers are just that. They start flowering automatically. Usually 3-4 weeks.

Attachments

• 6CA2BC41-E773-4280-BA3F-03573D8F9FF8.jpeg
    6CA2BC41-E773-4280-BA3F-03573D8F9FF8.jpeg
    61.1 KB · Views: 31
  • 40F7B3E0-4387-4F13-9E4D-42839DC1AFAD.jpeg
    40F7B3E0-4387-4F13-9E4D-42839DC1AFAD.jpeg
    68.2 KB · Views: 32
  • 7DDF43D2-FBF8-4C9C-922E-521C399960AE.jpeg
    7DDF43D2-FBF8-4C9C-922E-521C399960AE.jpeg
    69.4 KB · Views: 30
Last edited:
@Steve1 So I've heard, and what I bought was SUPPOSED to be auto-flowering... but the plants are now 53 days old and it has been suggested that I might have been sent feminized seeds but not auto-flowering feminized seeds.

What I want to find out is how long after the light cycle is changed would plain 'ol feminized non-auto-flowering plants take to respond to the light change and start budding. I'm fairly sure at this point that what I received was NOT auto-flower, not after 53 days of vegetative growth and no sign of budding.

I got you. I’m sorry for the confusion. Your correct they’re probably not autos. I would say usually within the first couple of weeks after flipping you should see something

@Steve1 That's not too bad. Right now they're going through that end of vegetative growth spurt and are starting to get tall. I too had my lights on 24 hours at first, went to 16/8 about three weeks ago, and started the 12/12 yesterday. It'll give me something to look forward to. Thanks.

PS: very good looking buds in those pics...

My White Widow Auto (Pacific Seed Bank) started to flower on day 30, 20/4 light cycle. On day 85 now.

48BF92EB-ED16-4A67-88DB-BBE0CA05BC2F.jpeg

I have this random auto flower that I’ve just been letting it go. I found a random seed in my box. Since it popped up as an auto I figure either a white widow or Trainwreck. Those were the only autos I’ve purchased other than the Sour D I just harvested

This is my first grow. I recently took some sample popcorn nugs from down low on the plant, dried them in the microwave. Startlingly good. The fan leaves are looking battered and yellowing. Trichomes are still clear though.

This is my first grow. I recently took some sample popcorn nugs from down low on the plant, dried them in the microwave. Startlingly good. The fan leaves are looking battered and yellowing. Trichomes are still clear though.
I usually stop feeding 2-3 weeks from harvest and you will get yellowing as it uses up nutes. Hard to watch it after you’ve babied them for so long

Last edited:
Well the good news is I cant imagine that microwaving is in anyway comparable to an proper dry and cure. So if you're enjoying that sample you'll probably love it dried slower and cured.

So I started the 12/12 light cycle on Friday, May 22... and I think I see indications that my two plants are starting to flower, but I'm not sure. Whaddaya think?

IMG_1286_sm.JPG
IMG_1287_sm.JPG

Latest posts

Back