How long can I keep my plant in a small container?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Track

Reaction score
So far, I have about 7 clones from my new bubble cloner that have been transplanted.

The problem is, I don't want them to get too big so that the new clones which I will transplant in about 5 days will get to be the same size.

So, can I keep the clones in small containers so that they stay small, and if so, for how long before they become root bound?

Thanks.

IME, no. I think that you will find that keeping them in small containers will not necessarily keep them small, it will only make them rootbound. I think that you will also find that even clones from the same mother are going to have some variations in size. You are going to be wanting plants over a onth apart to stay the same size....I just don't see that happening.

I am not sure how much room you have, but 7 plants are quite a few if you plan to veg them for any amount of time. How big is your space and how many plants were you planning on flowering?

I know a few that grow in 3 gal containers all the way thru,,and they have nice Harvest. We had a few fun times here where Peeps grew out of Medicine Bottles,:farm:,very cool.

Hey WH, i flunked that grow. lol

THG has answered beautifully.
I have seven plants now and it is a handful. I tried to keep them small, they are in 3 gallon pots and are not small.

I remember Duck. Those were the coolest grows. Yours was awesome.

Hey PC DUCK, is there a link to that grow? I need a good read & I like stuff like that.

IME, no. I think that you will find that keeping them in small containers will not necessarily keep them small, it will only make them rootbound. I think that you will also find that even clones from the same mother are going to have some variations in size. You are going to be wanting plants over a onth apart to stay the same size....I just don't see that happening.

I am not sure how much room you have, but 7 plants are quite a few if you plan to veg them for any amount of time. How big is your space and how many plants were you planning on flowering?

Thanks.

What I found was that you can use Air Pots to solve the root bound problem.

But at this point, I'm considering getting rid of my 2-month cycle entirely and just continuously cloning, vegging and flowering the plants as soon as they come in.

Not sure which one is better. Those Air Pots are a bit expensive (about $4 a piece here).

I have a separate vegging and flowering space and I pretty much do the continuous clone, veg, flower thing. Part of the reason is that I find it impossible to sit and trim for days on end, so having plants come ready a couple at a time at somewhat regular intervals works best for me. You may find that too.

That is about what air pots cost everywhere.

Latest posts

Back